Chasers

Maps

"We're going to have to speed up our plan." I was awakened, abruptly, by my father. "I just got word that she's found out who has her medallion. We need to move now."

"She?" I asked.

"The queen." So, Kitty has succeeded. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly. He got out what looked like to be blueprints. There were snakes of tunnels going every which way, some of which leading to dead-ends, going in circles. "They made these tunnels with the circular dead-ends so that anyone who could find the place, wouldn't be able to find anything. To anyone snooping around, they just look like abandoned mine shafts."

There were three large, circular rooms, with the largest in the middle of the two smaller ones. We have to avoid the queen's lair; That's the one in the middle," he said, pointing at the largest room. "She doesn't know our exact plan, so we can still carry it out. I want you to take these blueprints and head to the circle to the left. There will be a machine there. The machine blocks out all magic in the compound. I will go to the one on the right. That is the breeding chamber. Once you knock out the machine, I will make an explosion near the ceiling to make it collapse, hopefully killing everything in the room."

"Won't that kill you though?" I asked, secretly hoping it would. At least then I wouldn't have to worry about fighting him. I could just go along with the plan and go home, where ever that is.

"I will get out, just in time, though I can't say the same for the Vampires. The only one left will be the queen and the adults, but without the medallion, no new children will be made."

He handed me the blueprints and we teleported. We landed right in the middle of the woods. My dad opened up a wooden door in the ground and we hopped inside. It was surprisingly empty. My father pointed me down one tunnel and he went down the other. I tried to whir up enough magic to see in the dark and it worked. I don't know what my dad was talking about and then, it hit me. I got into a torched area and my magic just stopped.

I got a headache, but I had to press on. I looked at the map, and it seemed there was a back entrance to the room my father was going to. I saw a little square room on the map and immediately knew, that's where Kitty is. As I walked the surprisingly empty hallway, I memorized the way from the square room to the room my dad would be in. My dad's plan won't work. But hopefully mine will.