Chasers

Getting Out

I could barely think straight. I was almost unconscious from the amount of blood they drained from me. I pulled weakly against the bindings on my arms, the leather biting into my wrists, and glared up at the closest vampire.

I saw the Queen come in, her speech making me feel like an idiot. I probably would have blushed, if I was healthier, when she brought up Andriy...

A commotion caught my attention. A vampire stood on...a chair...
No, that was no vampire. That was Andriy. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding as my vision blurred.

He'd made it in? Where was his father?
My eyes widened slightly. What the bloody hell is he doing down here? The Queen was pissed, she'll order him killed...

I gasped softly as the vampires attacked the chair, grateful Andriy had dodged in time...

I saw a vampire approaching me, looking oddly familiar as he glanced between the mob beside him and me. He quickly reached me, undoing the bindings on my wrists.
Andriy.

I didn't say a word, wrapping one arm around his neck and dragging myself to my feet. How we were going to get out was beyond me, but I threw on a disguise as quickly as I could manage, using what little power I had left.

There was a door behind me that I didn't know about, Andriy leading us through it. Undoubtedly, the vampires had realized that, not only was Andriy gone, I was as well...

We continued down corridor after corridor, Andriy seemingly knowing the way. We passed what I recognized to be the Queen's chamber before disappearing into a small room.

As soon as the door closed behind us, I dropped my disguise, turning and bringing Andriy into a hug. It felt so good, to feel something warm...