Chasers

Outside

I felt tired. Her arm was all bloody, and more rushing out per second. She gave me a hug and dropped to the floor. I heard the distant shout, "Find them!" They were coming fast. I tried teleportation, but it didn't work. Damned machine.

I took her into my arms and started down the hallway; Right, Left, Left, Right. I tried to walk to conserve energy, and didn't bother with the disguises; There were no disguises that could help us now, meaning, if anyone found us, we'd be dead.

We gradually rose to the surface until we were out. I felt as if a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. I never realized any hint of claustrophobia, but now that we were out, I felt able to breathe.

I tried teleportation again, and this time, it worked. We arrived at the hospital and I checked her in. She was fine. She had stitching running up her arm, but I knew better. I knew the Vampires would be here. Especially since they knew she was injured and needed medical attention.

I heard screaming. "I'll be right back," I whispered to Kitty, even though she couldn't hear me. I went to the hallway of the hospital, and sure enough there was a dozen Vampires taking out humans, one by one. Fire formed in my eyes. I stuck my hand out at an outlet and pointed at a Vampire. "Hey, loser!" I shouted. He looked at me and I sucked some electricity from the outlet. The first Vampire got zapped. Another one leaped at me, but I zapped him, next. I went to zap another, but he dodged the bolt and came at me with cheetah speed. Soon he was on top of me.

"You must die!" he shouted.