Chasers

Waking Up

I groggily came to, sitting up as panic set it. Hospital...I was in a hospital...but where was Andriy? I glanced at the stitching that decorated my arm, then shook my head to chase away the sleep.

My eyes snapped to the door as screams reached my ears. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, stumbling out of the room. I followed the sounds of the struggle, not having to go far to find the destruction the vampires had caused.

"You must die!"

My attention was brought to the floor. Andriy...

"What is going on here?"

I whirled around to find one of the doctors practically running down the hallway, her high heels clicking loudly against the floor.

"N-no, just go," I said softly, trying to push her back.

"Hush, child," she replied, walking around me.
"Vampires are not welcome here," she growled, looking around at the bloody bunch. They tensed, looking between themselves as they regrouped.

"This is werewolf territory."
I blinked, staring at the doctor's back. She definitely didn't have the look of a werewolf...I squinted slightly, catching sight of the tattoo on her neck.

Apparently the vampires could already sense she was serious, leaving almost as quickly as they came.
But now we were face-to-face with a werewolf...