Chasers

Making Friends

During art, there was a sort of free draw session while the teacher rambled in front of the class. I was going to start drawing, but I got so caught up in Kitty's drawing for some reason. She was definitely talented, but there was just something that made it seem like it was almost real, which seemed ridiculous at the time because it was a picture of a dragon... If only I had known.

"Into myths?" I asked her.
She laughed, "Yeah. If only you could have seen him."
"What?" I snorted, which seemed to offend her, not to mention, it made me seem like a real jerk, "You mean, like, he was a real dragon?"
She looked at me a moment, then shouted, "No!" This startled the class. "That would be ridiculous wouldn't it?" She laughed.
I stopped laughing and looked down to my desk. "Yeah," I replied.

After art, I asked her where she was headed.
"Gym," she said.
"Oh. It's math for me. How bout this, I'll show you to gym, have that as an excuse to be late to math, and we'll meet later for lunch?" I asked.
"Sure, but how do you know if we'll have lunch at the same time?" she asked me.
A sly grin crept on my face. "I was able to sneak away your schedule while you weren't looking. I hope that's alright," I said, hoping it would boost my image, instead of make me look like a major creeper, which it obviously did.
"Yeah, it's no problem," she said, like there was nothing wrong with it.
"Cool, then. This way," I said, leading the way to her gym class.

"So, I'll see you for lunch?" she asked when we got there.
"That's what was planned," I replied.
"Bye, then."
"See you." That was the last moment I actually felt normal, because what happened then was a catastrophe.