Chasers

Planning a War

My muscles tightened when she punched the Vampire that was on me. I ran, tugging Kitty's shirt. We hid in the hospital room until the door opened. I was ready to attack, not that I could. I was exhausted. Kitty looked ready, too, but I don't think she could have lasted long with her arm.
It was the nurse. "You guys look tired." She looked as though she were thinking. I thought back to the last time I had slept. It had been almost two days. "You can stay here until tomorrow. By then, you're out of here. Got it? I can't protect you forever and if the others find out that you guys are wizards, they'll kill me."
I was stunned. Most of the mythology I know are just that, mythology. I had never heard of a nice werewolf. "Yeah," Kitty said. "We'll be out of here by then."
The nurse left us. I laid my head on the pillow and within seconds I was snoring. It seemed like milliseconds before I was awake again. Any dreams that I might have had, I forgot instantly. I looked over at the clock. It was five o'clock. I looked over at Kitty's bed. She was sound asleep. Her arm was still raw, but was better looking than it was before. I got up and opened the door. My head peeked out into the hallway, which was empty. I walked to where the vampires had attacked. The bodies were gone and any burn marks had disappeared. I went to the lobby of the hospital and sat down in a red chair.
A voice startled me. "You haven't slept for two whole days and you still can't sleep." I jumped. It was my father. "Do you know how betrayed I feel right now? You, of all people, stabbed me in the back! We had just about killed them and you abandonned me for a girl!" He was in between pure rage and tears. I was completely stunned. "I never thought that I would ever have to kill someone so close to me. At least your mother had not died by my hand."
The nurse appeared in a doorway behind him. "Excuse me sir, but I'm going to have to ask you to leave," she said. He turned to face her.
"I think I will do that," he said. He walked away. This surprised me. I was sure he would have killed me.
As if to answer my thoughts, the nurse said, "Almost everybody who knows of werewolves don't want to mess with us. He could sense what I was."
Just then an idea popped into my head. I don't know whether it was the classic vampires versus werewolves scenario or what. "Could I talk to whoever leads you?"
"I don't know if that's a good idea." She shifted her weight nervously. "He doesn't like visitors. Besides, he'd kill me if I take you to him."
"Just tell me where he is. He doesn't have to know how I found him."
"I don't know," she replied. She went down a hallway, through a door, and returned with a map. We sat down and she gave me directions and the pass to get in. I knew going in was insane and that if my Dad ran away from one, I would be screwed should the whole base attack me, but I needed help. The vampires were after me and Kitty and my Dad wanted to kill me. I knew that Kitty wouldn't let me leave if she woke up, so I left just as the sun peeked over the horizon. Still, I couldn't help but think that I could use more sleep, especially if I have to fight anymore.