Chasers

Attack

I waved a bit as I turned before something hit me. Hard.

I slammed into the lockers lining the wall, dropping my backpack in the process. I winced, gasping for breath as I slowly regained my balance and faced my attacker.

A vampire? I blinked several times, struggling to clear my vision. The two vampires were standing back to back, looking at each of us. Thank God class change was over...how did they even get on school property? I shook my head, eyes snapping back to the vampires, who were separating me from...

My eyes widened. Crap...

"What do you want?" I asked, voice shaking a little.

The one who tackled me merely smiled, while the one facing Andriy answered me.

"The medallion is missing."

"If your medallion is missing, why are you here?" I asked as I looked over to the one who spoke, confused. They must be referring to the medallion their queen wears, protecting her children from the sunlight...

"Its captor is in this building," the vampire spoke again, closing his eyes and breathing deeply. "The one who stole it has started a war..."

War? I shook my head, "You have no business with us."

As the vampire turned, I raised my arm, though I pointed it at Andriy and concentrated...the cafeteria was the first place that popped to mind, so I closed my eyes. I heard the vampire growl...I felt slightly disorientated, though that feeling quickly left when the smell of food greeted my nose.

I sighed. Finally...I had finally teleported...

I turned to face Andriy, a small smile on my face.

Great...after that little exchange he's probably scarred for life or something...