Chasers

Questions

I had to fight my first instinct, the one telling me to get out of the building, fast.
I started with my first question, "What the hell?"
"Let's just get out of here, then we'll get to the questions," she said.

"This way," said a teacher of mine. I thought he was the spanish teacher, but seeing everything I had just seen was making me doubt my own sanity.

We followed him down some hallways I had never gone down before. Then we came to a dead end in the hallway, with a single manhole sticking out of the ground.

The teacher lifted it up and said, "Go, I'll take care of the situation up here." He then pointed at Kitty. "Take him to safety. Teach him about everything. He's very magical. powerful." He looked at me with a look I had never seen before, then he turned and started running and when the manhole came down, there was black.

I woke up in a bed, my own. My first thought asked me what time it was, so I got up only to be face to face with Kitty. "Woah!" I screamed. A split-second later my mother was at my doorway.

"You're awake. Kitty said you passed out in school, so she drove you here. I would've thought the nurses office would've called and had me give you a ride, but your language teacher explained it all to me. Did you skip breakfast again?" she sounded worried, and not at all like she had just heard that guys attacked my newfound friend out of nowhere and I had just teleported from a hallway to the middle of the cafeteria.

"Yeah," I answered, hoping to look like everything was normal.

"I made you dinner. Kitty said you might want some alone time." I almost wanted to kill her for that. "You guys have 10 minutes on account that you just woke up. Don't make me bust the door down." With that she exited the room leaving me alone with Kitty and my thoughts.

"Let me begin by explaining..." Kitty began.