Chasers

Explanation

I took a deep breath after Andriy's mom left, staring at the ground. How should I go about this? I had never tried to explain my...situation...to anyone.

I returned my gaze to Andriy to see his reaction. "I'm a witch."

When only silence followed, I continued. "That whole conversation...thing...with those va-" I coughed. I wasn't sure how he'd take vampires on top of all this. "...those people probably made no sense..." I sighed. If I was going to explain, I might as well explain everything.

"It made no sense because they were vampires. Their medallion protects them from the light, hence them being a bit upset with it missing."

I paused again, looking over to Andriy. He was sitting in stunned silence, which wasn't a good sign. It was almost as if he was arguing with himself. I looked down at my hands, biting my lip.

"I'm sorry you got dragged into this, alright? But..." I looked up again, studying his face. "You have magic, whether you know of it or not...it's hidden, but it's there..."

When I was greeted with more silence, I simply stood and walked out of his room, closing the door sliding down the wall. What was I thinking? No one would believe that...I'll probably be chased out of here, just like the other towns...

I was startled back to myself when the door opened again. I looked up to see Andriy staring down at me before I dropped my head. I didn't know what to expect, how he'd react...