Status: Pause.[;

He Loves Me Not

Chapter One

Chapter 1

I immediately knew something was up when I got home from band practice. I walked in the door and saw that my parent's were sitting on the couch, with all our stuff packed up in boxes all around them. I looked around, confused. I glanced back at my dad and saw his worried expression, which made me even more confused. I turned to look at my mom, and saw her twisted up, nervous face. Something was wrong.
"Mom, Dad..what's going on?" I asked.
My mom started.."Jes-"
"Don't call me Jessica, you never call me Jessica unless something is wrong."
"Rex, honey..there's something we need to tell you." Mom continued.
"....what?" I asked with a worried look on my face. What if they were getting a divorce? I hadn't seen any signs of them even thinking about seperating though.
"I got a huge promotion, almost triple what I make now." Dad said.
"So?" I asked, still worried.
"Let me finish." He said with a sharp, irritated voice.
"Ok." I said, even more worried than before. I swear if he says we're moving, I'm gonna slap a bitch.
"The promotion is in Alaska. I know you always wanted to go to Alaska, so you should be excited about this." Dad said. I could hear the excitement in his voice, mixed with worry. He was worried I wouldn't be okay with this, which I wasn't, but seeing my dad so happy..I couldn't tell him how I really felt and break his heart.
"That's great Dad, Im happy for you. Why Alaska though..can't you do the job here?" I said. Hoping that this was all one big joke, and we really weren't moving.
"No, they dont have anybody who's qualified and willing to do the job." He said. He's an electrician, I dont know why, but I never imagined there being electricians in Alaska. It just seemed weird.
"Oh.." I said.
I can't move, not now. I just got to a good point in my life. I found myself, I found real friends, a great boyfriend, got rid of all the fakes. No, just no. This couldn't happen. I know worse things could've happened, like my grandma dying or something like that (Which is why I was originally worried. My grandma lives in Anchorage, Alaska. In Mountain Veiw. That's what they call the "ghetto" up there. I thought she got shot or some crazy shit like that.) Either way, I just couldn't believe this was happening. All my life I'd been waiting for my parents to say we were going to visit my grandma Alice. Now that they said we were MOVING..I was way less excited.
"We already packed your room, you can go call your friends and say goodbye if you like." Mom said.
"When are we leaving?" I asked.
"Tonight at 11." Dad said.
I looked at my watch, that was only 4 hours from now. What was I going to do? What about my boyfriend Eric, and my best friend Leslie? Everything was a complete blur. Fast forwarded by my fear and depression, everything seemed so unreal. I remember calling Eric and Leslie, telling them to meet me at the park. When we all met up, Leslie had a bottle of cherry vodka. Of course, it was her favorite flavor of anything, and she was an alcholic. As soon as I saw Eric I ran up to him and leaped into his arms. He wrapped himself around me and kissed me softly on the forehead. Damn I was going to miss that. I looked up at him, and gave him a long kiss. I turned to Leslie and called her over. Said I had something important to tell them. When Leslie finally managed to stumble her way over to us, I slowly spun around to face them, barely able to hold back my tears.
"Guys..Im moving to Alaska. Im leaving tonight at 11." I said slowly, painfully.
"WHAT?!" You can't leave me here with..HIM." Leslie screamed loudly, her words slurred, pointing her finger at Eric.
"Jesus, Leslie. Have enough to drink?" Eric said, reaching over for her booze and taking a quick swig, seeming obvlivious to what I just said.
"Did you even hear what I just said?" I said to to Eric.
"Yeah." He replied.
"Do you not care?" I said in an irritated voice.
I could tell he heard the irritation in my voice.
"Of course I do, but things like this happen. It's best to not make a big deal of it. it's not like it's the end of the world. We'll keep in touch." He said.
In otherwords, he didn't care and was glad to be rid of me.
"But-" I started to say
"Nice knowing you." Eric said, waving me off with a wave of his hand.
"Bye..." I said.
Ouch. Tough love, I thought. I turned and walked of slowly. By the time I had reached the edge of the grassy park, I turned around just in time to catch Eric slowly put his arm around Leslie and pull her in for a long, romantic kiss. That was enough for me. I faced the street and ran home, tears streaming out of my face.
"First I move, then I find out that the entire time I was with Eric, he was trying to get my best friend Leslie? Wow. What a keeper." I said to myself as I walked up my front porch steps. I walked through the front door, walked right past my parents without looking at them, and slipped right into my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this a LONGG time ago. It's not very good, I dont think Im gonna finish it.