Who We Are

First Day.

"Gianna, Gwen, Octavia, Lisette!" I yelled up the stairs as I heard the girls arguing again, "Hurry, you're going to miss your buses!"

"Relax, Kat," Gwendolyn said as she bounced down the stairs, rolling her blue eyes at me in the process. I glanced behind her and saw the other three following, school bags in hand.

"Yeah Sissy," my youngest sister, Gianna, told me as she ran over and took my hand in her little one, "We're right here and ready to go."

I smiled at her and assessed her clothing, nodding with approval as she twirled in her little white skirt and button up shirt. I grabbed my backpack as I took her hand and called for Lisette and Octavia to follow me as Gwendolyn hurried into the kitchen and grabbed a poptart out of cupboard. I helped the girls get their jackets on and hurried them out of the door as one bus came down the road.

"Bye Octavia, Bye Gianna! Have a good day! Daddy put money in your lunch account so that you can have breakfast at school!"

"Bye Sissy!" Gianna called as her six year old self climbed the step of the elementary school bus, behind Octavia.

I turned around as I heard a door slam from behind me. My younger sister, Gwendolyn, walked up and stood next to Lisette and I, her arms folded against her chest after she shoved her poptart in her pocket for later.

"What are we waiting for?" she questioned, looking around aimlessly.

I looked to her and glared, "We're going to wait until Lis gets on her bus, Gwendolyn."

Gwen's mouth made the shape of an 'o' as she nodded and pulled her poptart out from the pocket of her purple sweater. I smiled slightly as Lisette's bus came around the corner. Lissy pulled her bag up higher on her shoulders and took a deep breath as it stopped in front of us.

"See you later, Lis," I said as I patter her shoulder.

"Bye Kat, Gwen."

I waved goodbye as she got on her bus and disappeared into the back. Gwen and I turned and walked in the opposite direction, towards the high school that was only a couple blocks away. As we passed the neighbors house, two young boys came flying out of the front door as an older, similar looking man, screamed out of the front door.

I held my head high and smacked Gwendolyn's arm as she stared at the three of them. "Don't," I demanded in a whisper, "Don't stare. It's rude."

Gwendolyn held her chin with level to the floor and rolled her eyes. "It is rude of them to air their dirty laundry on the front lawn," she said in a snooty way, brushing her wavy blonde hair out of her blue eyes.

I pinched her arm, causing her to squeak and push my hand away. "Mind your own, Gwendolyn Mae Silverstein."

"You're such a hypocrite, Kat," Gwen said with a chuckle as I looked back to the Radke brothers as their father threw their book bags out to them, causing papers to scatter across the yard.

I smiled and pushed my stray locks of hair back, out of my face. "I am not," I told Gwen as we continued walking, ignoring Ronnie and Riley Radke as they collected their things from the yard.

Gwen chuckled and nodded her head, "Yes you are. You know you think Ronnie Radke is attractive, you always have," she said as she grinned at me in a cocky way.

"Gwendolyn! I've never once thought Ronnie Radke was attractive!"

Gwen chuckled, "That's not what your journal said."

I rolled my eyes and pushed her away from me. "I haven't had a journal since I was eight."

That caused Gwen to laugh harder as we continued to walk to school, knowing that Ronnie and Riley Radke were far behind us. Gwen and I talked about random things as we made our way to the large high school. When we arrived we went our separate ways, splitting at the main hallway.

"Dean! Emily!" I greeted as I walked up to my best friends.

"Hey girl," How was your summer?" Dean questioned as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders in a hug as Emily scowled and yanked him away from me, claiming it wasn't lady like to have guys hanging all over you.

I smiled at Dean as he stuck his tongue out a Emily, who screeched and stomped her heel covered foot on the floor.

"Relax Princess," Dean laughed, "Everyone knows I'm gay."

Emily shushed him with a roll of her brown eyes, "Like that's any better."

I stood in between the two of them as we walked to my locker so that the three of the us could grab the things that we'd need for our first classes.

"I'll see you two later," I said with a chuckle as they began arguing again.

"Bye Kat!"

"Goodbye Katerina!"

I smiled and closed my locker. I checked my new schedule before walking off towards AP Chemistry, which meant that even though I was technically a tenth grader, I had to take eleventh grade classes.

"Welcome class," the teacher said as she entered the room, "I hope you had a fun summer because now you all need to buckle down. Why don't we start with some review after attendance."

"Vanna Aaron," she started calling out names.

At the letter 'E' the door opened and a dark haired boy came sauntering through the door. He looked around the room and then took a seat towards the back, offering the teacher a smile.

"Ah, Mr. Radke," she said, "So good to see you again this year."

"No Mrs. Goodwin," he said with a cocky smirk on his face as he leaned back in his chair, "It's good to see you again."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the first chapter. I know it's kind of short but it's pretty late at night and I'm supposed to be getting back on a "school schedule"... haha, yeah, like that's going to happen.

But anyways, It'd mean a lot if you'd comment and subscribe! :)