Who We Are

After School.

Things were different at school and it wasn't entirely bad or entirely good. Ronnie had inserted himself into my life, not quite at my boyfriend, but something close to it. Everyday he whisked me away to eat lunch with his friends in the back of the lunch room. Somedays Dean would tag along, but other days he'd stay with Emily and comfort her over the fact that her best friend had let herself get 'caught up' with a group of boys like them.

Sometimes I would miss being Emily's friend, but only on the days that Nate would pick her up from school and stand outside his car, his eyes looking at me as I walked past with Gwen, Ronnie trailing behind us.

It was about three weeks after Ronnie and I "got together". We weren't labeling ourselves because we knew that there was no point. We'd made it clear that we liked each other, and that was enough to keep each of us away from other people. Or Ronnie at least, since I'd never had guys hanging all over me like the girls at our school did for him.

Monica and Vanna still weren't happy with the fact that Ronnie and I had grown close. They tried everyday to get us caught when Ronnie would quickly kiss my cheek and invite me to one of his shows.

And we had been caught once, so I started telling Ronnie to lay off because I really didn't need my father coming to the school and finding me sitting next to him in the principal's office.

"Kat, relax," Ronnie laughed at lunch, "I'm not going to get you in trouble, I promise." The guys laughed at me as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"It's not funny, you jerks," I retorted, glaring at them, "One of these times these teachers are going to call my dad."

Ronnie rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair. "Would it really be such a bad thing if he knew?" he grumped, crossing his arms over his chest so that his posture met mine.

I glared at him as soon as those words left his mouth. "He'd shoot you," I stated, causing the guys to laugh again.

Ronnie scoffed and rolled his eyes again. "Are you really not allowed to date or is it just me?" he questioned, "Because it's completely unfair that we're not even allowed to see each other outside of school."

Max grinned and smacked Ronnie's shoulder. "It's just you, man," he laughed, "Her dad fucking hates you."

Ronnie didn't find it funny as the guys laughed loudly and nodded their heads. I rolled my eyes and looked at Max.

"Did you ever talk to that girl," I asked with a smile.

"She turned his ass down again," Robert smirked, causing Max to try lash out at him, trying to jump over the table and send his fist into his face.

Ronnie grabbed Max's shirt and pulled him back down into his chair before he could get very far.

"Don't be a jerk," I sneered at Robert, "Max is learning to actually care about women. Unlike you bunch."

"Hey!" Ronnie exclaimed, "I'm not like them!" He pointed at Monte and Robert.

I rested my hand on his arm to comfort him and looked back to Max, who now had his arms crossed instead of Ronnie and I. "What's going on with her?" I asked softly, watching him roll his eyes.

"She's still saying the same shit," he grumbled, "Even after I try to sit down and talk to her like a man, she's going on and on about how she's not interested in playing a game with me."

I frowned and leaned back in my chair. "What'd you say to her?"

Max tucked his hair behind his ear and shrugged his shoulders. "Just..." he glanced at the guys who were grinning at him, "Stuff, you know," he finished, letting out a sigh.

"Guys, give him a break," I demanded, glaring at all of them, "He really likes this girl and you're all treating him like he's some kind of wuss for trying to get her to give him a chance."

"He's been trying forever," Monte stated, shaking his head, "He should just give up. The girl is never going to cave in."

Ronnie rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Monte," he demanded, "If Max wants to give it another try then who are we to make fun of him?"

Robert and Monte laughed. "You're just saying that because we made fun of you when you were trying to get Kat."

I grinned at Ronnie and he covered his face with his hands. After a moment he turned to Max and smacked his shoulder. "If you like the girl," he stated, "Do what you have to do. Don't listen to us. We're a bunch of assholes."

I chuckled quietly as the guys chimed in with how offended they were by his words. Max grinned, his embarrassment leaving, and he nodded, commenting on how much of assholes they really were.

As the lunch bell rang, signaling that it was time to go to class, I reached out and grabbed onto the sleeve of Max's hoodie. "Hey Max," I called as Ronnie handed me my bag.

"Yeah?" Max asked as he joined me at my side, since he, Ronnie, and I were all going to the same place.

"Do you want to see if we can hang out after school?" I asked, knowing that my dad wouldn't be home until late.

Ronnie's jaw dropped on my left and he pinched my arm. "You never invite me over!" he declared, "What the hell is up with that?"

I rubbed the spot where he'd pinched me and leaned into Max's side. "You're a bad influence on my sisters," I grumbled, "Plus, Max and I have some things to talk about and he feels uncomfortable discussing it in front of you and the guys because you're all jerks."

Max laughed and wrapped his arm around me while Ronnie scoffed and looked at us disbelievingly. "Well, that's not fair," he stated, shaking his head, "You're my girl and if Max is going to hang out with you, then I have to be there."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Do you not trust us?" I asked, keeping my expression stony so that I could make him uncomfortable and take back his words.

But instead of retracting what he said, he just laughed and shook his head. "You and Max?" he asked through his laugher, "That's ridiculous. Max is hot for that other chick and you'll barely kiss me. What do I have to be worried about?"

I glared at Ronnie and pushed my shoulder into Max's side even more. "Fine," I stated, "You can come over, too."

Ronnie grinned triumphantly and replied, "Great. And I won't even kiss you in front of your sisters."

I rolled my eyes and pulled away from Max so that I could head into the girl's locker room. "If you do, Gianna will probably try to stab you with her fork." I walked into the locker room with Max and Ronnie laughing in the hall behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!
I'm sorry I haven't updated in... well, forever. But I've been having a hard time. I recently moved to a new state and I don't know anyone, so I've been feeling isolated and completely bored. For some reason I just haven't been able to write anything.

So, while trying to kick start my imagination, I started two new stories. (Well, I had posted one in the past and then taken it down when a lot of the chapters were deleted.)

The first one I started has five chapters. It's called Idiosyncratic.
It's about a woman named Moxie who leaves home with her son, Franky, one year after he's born. She leaves behind his father who had given her an ultimatum. The father, Callum, is left behind when she choses an option that he hadn't even considered... leaving.

Moxie ends up becoming friends with her next door neighbor, Anberlin; a waitress with a strange view on life and a pushiness that causes Moxie to meet up with Brian Wilson, a baseball player for the San Francisco Giants. What Moxie doesn't know is that Brian has another plan, introducing her to his teammate, Tim Lincecum.

The second story (the one I already posted and took down) is called Chocolate Eyes.
It's written in third person, has four chapters, and it's about a Brian Haner Jr. (Synyster Gates). The story tells about how Brian is reunited with the son that he gave up at birth. Now four years old, Evander's mother has just died and Brian is given the choice of taking his son into his home or letting him be sent to live with his grandparents in Oklahoma.

After a talk with his dad, Brian decides that it would be best for Evander to come live with him since he's the only parent that the young boy has left. The story then goes on to show how the relationship changes between Brian and his son, and how Brian goes from being uncertain and nervous to fighting for the right to keep custody of his son and make sure that the boy has the life that he was supposed to have had these last four years.

~


If you guys would check one / both of those out and leave me a comment, I'd be thrilled! I can't wait to read what you guys think and get back into the groove of writing again. Since I feel like I've been absent from my stories for a long time.