Status: Working on it. :3

To the End and Back

Chapter Two: Shut Up and Drive

I raced out of my parent's closet, through their bloody bathroom, out their bedroom, and raced down the hallway toward my sisters room. I never thought I would ever hear myself say this, but I hope the Zombie didn't eat her. She may be annoying and obnoxious, and bratty..we may fight all the time, but she's still my sister. I love her.

I paused at her door and noticed there were two bloody handprints on her door. I was so afraid to turn the knob and push open the door, afraid that I would see a gory mess, with my sister Samantha in the middle of it, with her guts hanging out. I threw open the door anyways, despite all my fears, she's my sister..I would jump off of a building for her. What I saw when I stepped in her room surprised me. There was no blood, or guts, just my sister curcled up in a ball in the corner of her room, behind her bed with a crowbar. Her eyes were huge, you could see the fear in her eyes. I could tell she heard my parent's screams, her face was all red and puffy.

"JESS!!!!" She screamed when she finally noticed me standing there, in the doorway.
"Sam!" I yelled as I ran to her.
"Are you okay?" I asked her, searched everywhere, looking for any signs of infection.
"Yeah, Im okay. How could you not hear everyone screaming? And how come whatever it was out there..didn't go after you first?" She asked me, she sounded sort of..accusing. As if she though I was trying to murder my entire family, just for the hell of it.

I ignored her questions and walked straight to her window, and stared out. I saw blood, guts, mass gore, everywhere. Surrounded by hundreds of Zombies shuffling slowly down the streets. looking for something..or someone, to eat. Then I noticed something. My sister didn't know what killed our parents, if she did, she would've said Zombie, instead of "whatever it was". I turned to her and said: "Do you even know what was out there?"
"...No?" She said, sounding scared, and confused at the same time.
".............Go look out the window." I said, slowly, making sure she knew something was up. She looked at me quizzically, but got up and looked out the window without a sound. I stared at her, waiting for her to turn around and look at me, or say something, but she never did. After a while, her shoulders started shaking up and down. It took me a while to realize she was crying, or laughing, but I dont know why anybody would laugh at witnessing a Zombie apocalypse. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and told her everything would be alright. We stood there for a while, just looking at the mess outside. The streets were as red as a barrel of smashed cherries, from all the blood.
~~~
"Hurry the fuck up and get in the car!" I yelled out to Eric and Leslie as they slowly made their way to my car, as if they didn't realize we were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, and that they were about to get eaten by a shit ton of hungry zombies.
"We're coming, don't get your thong all up in a twist." Said Eric. Oh how I loved him and his stupid comebacks.
"Yeah, calm your tits!" My best friend, Leslie yelled out to us, as she looked around and ran to the car..as if she had just realized that about 10 zombies were making their way towards them. I was curious why Leslie had spent the night at Eric's, but was I worried? No. Because I trust Leslie, I know she wouldnt do anything to hurt me, and Eric loved me too much to cheat. He just isn't like that, despite what all his ex's say about him. Maybe he changed for me?
"Now what?" Eric asked me as he finally climbed his way into the car.
"Now we go to the gun store. We need all the weapons we can get" I said.
"What?! I thought you said we could go get Tammy!" Sam screamed with anger.
"Jesus, calm your balls, alright? I forgot. Damn." I said.
"No you didn't you just dont want to drag around another kid." Sam said.
"Damn fucking straight I dont, bitch. Now clean up your act. I told you I was going to get your friend, and we are." I snapped back at her.
"You're a bitch." She replied.
"Takes one to know one." I said.
"...........Bitch." She said quietly.
"SUCK MY LEFT FUCKING NUT! DO YOU NOT WANT TO GET YOUR BESTFRIEND?!" I screamed at her?
"Yes....." Sam said quietly, knowing she pissed me off.
"THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP, AND CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. LIKE, WHAT THE SHIT YO?!" I yelled. I hated acting like her mother, but since ours got eaten alive, I guess I kinda have to now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, another short one..but I'm having trouble coming up with ideas.