The Sin of a Kiss

Mystery Man

Though my weekends where not all that great my first weeks of college, my day time was much better. Taking the general education classes were a bore, but when I got to my photography 101 class, it was pure heaven. The first day, all students had to bring their portfolios of past work. I looked around at what others brought; mostly nature shots or pictures of inanimate objects enhanced by focus. Me and two other people really focused on people photos. I learned kind of young that taking pictures of people was far more interesting that staring at a flower. My pictures were of my friends back in high school when they all wanted me to do their senior pictures instead of going to Wal-Mart or so place to have them done for cheap. I made a business out of it and got some pretty good cash from it.

My professor, Mr. Watkins was strolling around the room looking at his students photos. Some comments were harsh, or he didn’t say anything at all, leaving the class in suspense. When he came to me, he stopped and nodded his head.

“Good work Miss. . .”

“Harper, Mina Harper.” I said. I must have sounded excited because my classmates snickered at my response. But I wasn’t going to let that bring me down. So I wiped that stupid smile saying ‘he likes me, he really likes me’ and put on my sexy smirk. He then went to the front of the class and told us that we should start out by taking pictures with a subject that would be out of focus and bringing in something that wouldn’t look like a focal point and making it one. I smiled, so excited for my first college assignment that meant something to me.

That night, me and my friend Carmen got together and went out on the town. Carmen was there for the theater arts program; an aspiring actress she was. I thought she was okay, but not an a-list star just yet. We roomed together and before we left, we tried to find something to wear.

“I want something that says ‘I want you’, but doesn’t look like I’m a slut.” Carmen said. I had to roll my eyes because she was a slut no matter how she wanted so badly not to be called one.

“Wear that strapless red dress. You know, that one that really hugs your curves.” I said to her. Carmen was gorgeous; such a man eater. She was about 5’6 without hells, curvy, with dark eyes and hair to match. Plus, her boobs were ridiculous ever since the sixth grade, getting her tons of male attention. “But what about me, I don’t know what to wear,”

“Hmm. . .she said as she looked at our combined closet. We wore the same size, but her boobs made things hard sometimes. But, since everything was two sizes two small for her, it meant that it was perfect for me. “I know, wear this one.” She said as she picked out an emerald green dress with little capped sleeves and a low back line.

“I like it!” I said as I took it from her hands. We both got dressed and did our hair. Carmen straightened her hair, while I but big, wavy curls into my strawberry blonde hair. The dress really brought the green out in my eyes. I was so ready for tonight.

We went to this club called Insomniac that was in downtown Charles Bay, only a couple of blocks away from the dorms. We got inside and the music hit us like a heat wave. It was blasting club techno and it sounded amazing. Carmen and I went straight for the dance floor and started to dance. Clubs just made me feel so sexy and wonderful. The music would just take over my body and who knows what it would do or inspire others to do or think. After a while, we went over to the bar for a drink. We never ordered drinks of our own (not only would we get carded, but we always found some drooling guys to pay for them). We stood next to the bar, looking for guys to flirt with when my eyes shifted to an Adonis. He was tall, with dark hair and a bit of a five o’clock shadow on his face. He looked over at me and smiled. I couldn’t help but stroll right over to him.

“Hey.” I said to him, leaning up against the bar, making sure my hips stuck out.

“Hey yourself.” He murmured to me. His voice with deep and sexy, full of sex appeal and confidence, something that Chris lacked.

“What are you doing by yourself tonight? Shouldn’t you be dancing with someone as handsome as you?” I said in a low voice over the music. He looked at me as he finished his drink and turned his body to face me.

“I’m about to.” he took my hand and led me to the dance floor and we started to dance. We stood close together, his hands on my hips as I danced with him. It was like a dream. Everything went so fast, but slowed at the same time. I turned my back to him and danced some more, playing with my hair. His lips came up to my ears and I felt like I was being lit on fire with his breath. After a while we left the floor and went back to the bar where he ordered himself and me a Heineken. I sipped at it and we talked for a while. I found out that he went to Redford as well and he was studying art. He mentioned he was a painter and I told him about my photography.

“Maybe you should come over and I’ll paint you sometime.” he whispered into my ear. I giggled and looked down at my feet, then back at him.

“Is that a promise?” I asked with full flirting voice.

“It’s a promise.” As soon as I was going to suggest going someplace, Chris, that idiot wonder boy decided to find me.

“Mina! Carmen told me I’d find you here. Way haven’t you answered my texts?” Oh great, now I looked like an idiot in front of this totally gorgeous guy who’s name I hadn’t gotten yet.

“You texted Carmen?” I said. I was going to have to kill her later for sure.

“Yeah, I was worried about you babe. Who was that guy anyway?” He asked. I looked behind me and he was gone. He probably left to find someone more available. I just wanted to die.

“Someone form Redford.” I said. I took his hand and my purse and left, dragging Chris behind me. I spotted Carmen in a corner with some blonde hunk and sent daggers eyes in her direction.

That night when I got home (Carmen was still out with the blonde) and I changed and emptied my purse. I found my phone which had six messages from Chris and one from Carmen saying that I should run because Chris was on his way. Then I found a little napkin from the bar in my purse. I looked at it questionably and opened it to find a number, name, and a message. “Call me and I’ll find you” it said along with his name at the bottom. The mystery guy’s name was Zane.