Status: Currently Active

Dragon in Kirkwall

Sacred

Hawke’s P.O.V
Maker, I hate waking up at the crack of dawn. My sister Bethany is the morning person in the group. She was already humming by the time we left the city and were on the beaches of the Wounded Coast. At least I had Isabella to distract me from my sister’s humming. The perfect distraction was that woman’s swaying hips. I smile to myself as I appreciate my lovely view.
“You’re going to drown in your own drool, Hawke.” Anders poked fun at me as my mabari, Riley barked in agreement. I shrug for I’m as guilty as charged. “I swear she does it on purpose.”
“She does.” Fenris bluntly adds.
“Oh, I see I’m not the only one checking out Isabella’s hind quarters.” This only gets an eye roll from Fenris. “Hawke.” And that was the end of the conversation.
“Hey Hawke, you sure you don’t have any more information on this girl we’re looking for?” Isabella calls behind her; no doubt she’s heard our comments on her pirate walk.
“Penelope only said that she has black hair, pale complexion and purple eyes.” I shrug.
“She didn’t give us much to work with.” Anders complained.
“Purple eyes? Is this girl we’re looking for a Qunari?” Fenris questioned and it was Bethany’s turn to answer.
“I don’t think so, but Penelope was hiding something from us.”
“Maybe she is a Qunari. That’s all the information we’re working on. She’s not of the Free Marches or Ferelden, if that helps us at all.”
“It doesn’t.” Both Anders and Fenris spoke which elected a glare between them. They’ve only known each other for two weeks and they already hate each other.
“Keep up the glares boys; it does wonder for my fantasy of you two in between the sheets.” Isabella purred. I shook my head and began to talk to the only sane member of my group.
“Riley, I need your mabari nose.” He cocked his head as he listened. I held out a torn, piece of fabric for him to sniff. It was a part of Penelope’s sister’s shirt. “Riley, get a good sniff and run on ahead. Don’t let us slow you down.”
With a wag of a short tail, my mabari was off and running down the beach. If anyone can find anyone or anything it’ll be my Riley. He once found one of Carver’s lost socks in a pile of his dirty laundry. Grief strikes through my heart as I remember fondly of how my brother and I wrestled and sparred. If only Riley can sniff him out of death.
“At least it’s not raining. This search would be really creepy if it were raining.” Anders started making random conversation.
“That’s creepy, Anders?” Bethany asked with a questioning eyebrow raised. It’s cute how she still gets crushed on almost every man she meets that has blonde hair and magic at his finger tips.
“It’s ominous to be out searching for a girl, whose name we don’t even know when it’s stormy weather out. So yes, that’s creepy.”
“I would have thought you would be used to creepy.”
“Why would I be?”
“Well, you have a spirit of Justice inside your own soul. Isn’t that not creepy?”
“I guess so… But that still doesn’t make me immune to creepy situations.”
“This conversation is getting very annoying, more so than creepy.” Fenris looked annoyed.
“Oo, I do love it when you’re annoyed, Fenris. It does something to your voice.” Isabella sauntered over to the elf.
“And with that, I’m all the more annoyed.”
An hour goes by in silence as we all scan the beach, waters and even sky for any sign for Penelope’s sister. I was about ready to call it a day when I see Riley running towards us. He spins and barks at my feet as he tries to talk to me. I hold my hand up to silence his excitement.
“Did you find something, boy?” The mabari nods his head and barks happily.
“About time! Do you think this girl is pretty? Purple eyes sounds very pretty.” Isabella smiles as she begins to weave a lustful idea. She has a beautiful smile. Anders call after her as she takes off with Riley, “Don’t come to me if you catch anything!” The only sign that she heard him over her laughter and Riley’s barking was her middle finger in the air. I’m smiling to myself now and Bethany gives me that look.
“Something about short dresses and high boots on pirate captains…” This is all I can give as an explanation.
I’m the first to see Riley sniffing at a body in the sand. The sea water was rising up to her face and down again. My heart sinks for it looks for the worst. Poor Penelope. I know the feeling of loss when one loses a younger sibling. I know all too well what she will be going through when we give her the news. Bethany has a sadness growing in her eyes as she comes to realize that we’re too late.
“Anders, can you see if there is anything we can do?” I ask in a hopeless attempt that our eyes are wrong. He gives me a grim nod and walks over to wear Riley was just sniffing. Anders holds his hands over Penelope’s sister’s body as he uses his magic to find any trace of life.
“That corpse fits our very, little detailed description, Hawke. I’m glad I’m not you. I wouldn’t be able to tell that girl with the baby.” Ah, Isabella. I think we all jumped and armed ourselves when we heard Anders yell.
“SHE’S ALIVE!”
“That’s impossible, mage. I could smell the death from her.” Fenris shouts back,
“Shut up, elf, you didn’t feel it. She was dead or close to it and then she wasn’t. “
My breath catches in my throat as I see the girl begin to stir. A collective gasp is audibly in our group as she lifts herself up and reveals her unblemished face to us. All I can think of how I’ve never seen anyone so eerily, beautiful. My eyes cannot be torn away from her. Raven hair, wet with sea water, waves around her head down to her waist while her skin is as pale as the moon. Her eyes are unlike any other. They are large and there is no mistaken that they are, indeed, purple in color. A set of high cheekbone and full lips grace her face.
Anders helps her to sit up. She looks a little dazed, but coming back from death must do that to a person. I feel a ping of jealousy as Anders keeps a hand on her shoulder to keep her from falling over. She is silent as she examines each of us. I think I’ve forgotten how to breathe or blink. She makes eye contact with me and I feel a jolt go down my spine. My heart skips a beat when she speaks. Her voice is as clear as water and I wanted to hear more of it.
“Who are you?"
“I’m your rescuer, Seth Hawke. You can call me, Hawke.”