PAW PRINT ON MY HEART

chapter 4-the dream

It was 11:57 pm. when we arrived at a moss covered house.It had vines running up its sides and windows.It was two stories and had a wide front yard.Trees surrounding it and so did this dark aura. Maybe i'm delusional. It hadthis ancient facade to it but looked beautiful in an odd way.Although it was a sight tot see i'd still rather be back home.

I was too tired to unpack any of the stuff so i headed upstairs and crashed in the first room i found.The house was already firnished so we didnt have to bring any of our firniture. That night i had the most peculiar dream ever.

~*dream*~

i running in the woods outside Willow Star's Valley. It was a few minutes to midnight and The Blue Moon hung low and shone bright in the cloudless sky. The mystical color illuminated my brown fur as the intense cold made each strand stand on end...........I LOVED IT. I could literally feel the power surging through me. I felt.....invincible.Tonight was the night. The night that everything changed. I don't know how or why but I sense its importance. I was searching for something. NO....I was craving it.

But what?

The supernatural world was a very weird and confusing place sometimes, even for me and I'm a part of it. I was a WEREWOLF and loving it. I changed on my 16th birthday, just like all the others before and after me in my pack. My alpha John Montano was a kind and gentle man but for some reason (which I’m not allowed to know) my dad hates. It turns out he’s the reason we had to come to willow star’s.Something about needing more pack fighters, I wasn’t really paying attention. My dad w—

Aahwooooo!

A pain filled howl pierced the night sky then died into a whimper a few minutes later. All the power I had been feeling not too long ago was gone. Fear and anxiety crept in around me. I was now vulnerable. I had only just changed a week ago and wasn't yet experienced enough. What if I get attacked by a bear or worst,a wolf from the Doom pack? I was frantic, I stopped dead in my tracks and scanned the trees. It was dark out but the light from the moon allowed me sight.

I sighed a breath of relief when I didn't see anything. I began to run again when a shape appeared at the corner of my eye. I stopped once again searching frantically for the source of my anxiety.

The silhouette went from tree to tree cornering me. I tried to will my legs to move but they wouldn't budge. I was trapped. It was so fast; I tried to follow its movements but just got dizzy. The shape stopped moving but stayed hidden in the shadows. Blue-grey eyes stared at me lustfully. I saw the depths of the ocean in those eyes. It seemed like forever when the trance broke and a huge black wolf stepped out of the shadows and towered over me. I crumpled to the ground as pain rippled through my body and streamed to one point. The Paw print.

*end of dream*

I shot up in bed, panting. Sweat trailed down the middle of my back and swamped my face.My brown hair stuck to my back. I went to my bathroom and looked in the mirror. My eye were a glowing green.i shut my eyes and my breath came rigid and quick.When I reopened then they were their normal green,maybe I’m just tired.I lifted my shirt and my eyes went wide in shock. The mark I carried my entire life over my heart darkened. It was now light brown instead of peach. What was happening to me?Ican’t deal with this now.I went back to bed and prayed for a dreamless sleep. But before I drifted off into my answered prayer I muttered under my breath, "stupid dream."

#Next Day#

I woke up in the morning to a loud crashacross the room.

“Sorry,”my dad muttered as he gustured to the suitcase lying on the floor, which I presume made the noise.”I thought I would let you sleep in today since you had a rough time last night.”he explained.”Ethan told my about Mr.Pooh.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore.”I said dryly.

“oh,ok then.”he turned.”I’ll just go get the rest of the stuff.”He said leaving the room.

I laid back on the bed,starting at the white ceiling.’What’s wrong with me?’I mused to myself.

First I have this major melt down and nearly kill a guy,then I had this weird dream and after I that the paw print birth mark I carried my entire life darkens a shade.Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me.Oh and speaking of playing tricks;I thought I saw my eyes glow.

I took a quick peek down my shirt.Yep,it turned light brown. I’m a freak.i cant tell my family.they wouldn’t want me anymore,they’d throw me out on the streets or give me to the government to experiment on.I can’t tell them, I just can’t.

My dad came back up the stars carrying my second suitcase with Ethan behand him carrying a box labelled shoes.i decided to stop moping around and help them with the remaining things. The moving truck had brought all the large stuff while we were at school.

We spent the rest of the day unpacking and trying to make the house feel like home.Mom told us that we would be starting school tomorrow,Wednesday.I wondered if I would be able to control my temper if anyone upsetted me.Dad said that the kids might kill me,I’m afraid that I might kill them.

___________________________________