Status: Active

Forever's Not Supposed to End

Addicted

Matthew's point of view

*Two weeks later*


Hayley's father was not the man he appeared to be.

The first day we had met him, he was nothing but awesome to us. Each day since that he'd cooled off considerably. Once he found out that Nathan and I were in a band, and had seen how heavily tattooed my left arm was, he's barely said a word to us. Which considering we'd been staying in his house, was slightly uncomfortable.

I did my absolute best to be as polite as I possibly could to him, even though the way he spoke to Hayley made me really mad.

He was so unbelievably patronising to her, he'd even tried it with Nathan, who had tactfully told him that he wasn't a child and didn't need to be spoken to like one. That didn't go down well.

Unfortunately, I had to have a fairly serious conversation with him before we could leave. I felt a nervous lump rise in my throat as I knocked on the door to his study.

None of us were allowed in there, that was where he ran his business from and even Hayley didn't venture into that room.

"Yeah?" he called.

"Um.. Mr Williams.. can I talk to you about something real quick before we leave?" I asked, trying not to sound too nervous.

I had made sure I was presentable, at least in his eyes, I was clean shaven and my tattoo's were all covered by a long sleeved shirt.

"Ah, Matthew. I was hoping you'd say that, I had a few things to say to you myself. Come, sit," he offered, indicating the chair facing his desk.

I closed the door behind me and sat down. I felt like I was being interrogated.

"After you," I said, knowing that whatever he had to say would probably be obsolete after I'd said what I needed to.

"Really I just wanted to know what your intentions are with my Hayley," he said, taking a sip from his cup of coffee and looking at me accusingly.

"Well... this actually leads right onto what I wanted to ask you," I said, wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans and taking a deep breath.

"Sir, I want to marry your daughter," I said, watching his face carefully.

He nodded, his expression not giving anything away. There was a long pause before he spoke.

"I like you, I hate what you do, I wish you'd get a real job, but I like you," he said, not giving me a real answer.

"And you haven't been together very long at all, haven't even known each other very long," he said, more to himself than me.

"I.. I feel like we've known each other for years. We met in the most impossible situation, and I know for a fact that I wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for all of Hayley's help. She's become so important to me, and seeing her hurting these past few weeks? It's been horrible. I don't know how she puts up with me all the time," I said with a small laugh and Frank smiled slightly.

"I know what you did, by the way, Hayley told me all about it. Not many men would have done that," he said, shaking his head.

"This isn't about what I did. This is about what doing that has given to me, which is the gift of meeting Hayley.. I always want to be there for her, and I was to repay her for everything she's helped me with. I want to make her feel as cared for as she has made me feel," I said, looking at the ground now as I wasn't able to take the way he was looking at me. I was sure he was going to say no.

"I'm not going to ask her right away, but I want to know that I can, when the time is right?" I said, looking back up at him.

He was silent for a few moments that felt like hours before smiling slightly.

"Hayley is my little girl, my only little girl. But... you seem like possibly the best man I could dream of giving her away to," he said, offering me his hand across the desk.

I grinned and shook his hand.

"I'll take good care of her, I promise," I said as we shook hands.

"If you don't... "

"I will," I said quickly, before he could ruin the moment by threatening me.

After a few more promises that were all basically that I wouldn't upset Hayley and would take care of her no matter what, I was free to leave Frank's study.

"What he say?" whispered Nathan as I helped him put a few of Hayley's bags in the car.

"He's OK with it. He wants me to get a real job... but I hope he understands that's never going to happen," I said, grinning.

Nathan grinned widely and hugged me, causing me to drop the bag I was carrying.

I hugged him back.

"So when you asking her?" he questioned, grabbing the bag I had dropped and bundling it into the back of his car.

"Not for a little while, when the moment is right," I said, stopping talking quickly as I saw Hayley walk out of the house and close the door behind herself.

"You ready?" I asked, pulling her into a hug. I knew she was nervous about being in the car for so long. She'd been having nightmares about the crash, and as much as I tried to reassure her, I understood she was going to be nervous in the car for a while.

"I guess," she mumbled against my chest.

"We'll be fine, Nathan is a good driver, and so am I, and we'll split it between us, and stop plenty of times and get coffee and stuff," I said, taking her hands and climbing into the back of Nathan's car with her.

"I feel like a cab driver with you guys both in the back," he groaned as he started driving.

Our conversation turned into trying to estimate the cab fare from Nashville to Chicago.

It wasn't long before Hayley fell asleep, her head on my shoulder. I caught Nathan looking at us in the mirror and smiling to himself.

"You guys are so adorable," he said, looking back to the road.

"She's just... I'm the luckiest guy the world," I said, gently stroking her hair and grinning to myself.

"How's your head?" he asked quietly, almost like he was afraid to.

"Today it's behaving fine, but it's day by day," I said, he nodded. He knew it was a day to day thing. Some days I felt amazing, others, I could do nothing except sleep.

"And sometimes when it feels bad, she just... she can make it better," I said, looking down at her sleeping form.

"You're so perfect together. Watching you take care of her has just... I don't know. You're going to make a great Dad someday," he said, looking slightly sad now.

"Soon, I hope," I said, smiling down at Hayley once again.

"Take it one step at a time OK? I'd hate to see you guys rush and start to get overcome by all of it. I mean. If you're going to," he paused and lowered his voice.

"If you're going to propose... it hasn't been long. I don't want you getting your heart broken if she says no. Remember how much younger she is too, and her band are just breaking out, she's going to be touring and everything, just, think clearly," he advised and I rolled my eyes at him.

"God, advice from my baby brother," I laughed.

"I'm just trying to watch your back," he shrugged.

Our conversation slowly petered out, and I found myself getting sleepy.

The next thing I knew was an exhausted looking Nathan shaking me roughly by the shoulder as Hayley looked on, smirking.

"Remember how you said you wouldn't go to sleep? And you'd drive half of it? Well you've slept almost the whole fucking way!" he fumed, shoving my shoulder again just for good measure.

I looked around and blinked.

We were parked up outside our apartment building in Chicago. Hayley giggled and Nathan pushed me roughly so I fell backwards, laying across the back seat, my head in Hayley's lap.

"Ow," I mumbled, rubbing the back of my head.

"You OK?" asked Hayley, still smirking slightly as she looked down at me.

I nodded and smiled up at her. She leaned down and pressed her lips to mine. My hands tangled in her hair and I kissed her back. It felt weird, as she was upside down and I was the right way up. My nose was pressed against her chin, and hers against mine.

"That feels.. weird," she mumbled, pulling away.

"But good," I whispered, pulling her lips back down to mine.

Her tongue trailed over my bottom lip and I allowed her to deepen the kiss, before taking control of it.

We continued to make out until I felt something tugging roughly on my leg and Nathan groaning loudly.

"Get out you guys... quit fucking in my car... I don't wanna have to disinfect it," he groaned and we broke apart.

"We aren't fucking," I defended.

"Yeah, we're just kissing," smiled Hayley at him.

"Yeah, right. By the way Matthew, did you stuff your pants today or are you just happy to see me?" he smirked. I blushed bright red and covered the growing bulge in my pants with my hands quickly.

Hayley laughed and Nathan walked away from the car, grabbing some of Hayley's stuff from the trunk.

"Aww, did I wind you up?" she laughed as I sat up, my hands still covering the offending bulge.

"Well, yeah, you did," I smirked, leaning back in the seat.

Without a word Hayley leaned over, glancing around outside the car to make sure nobody was about to walk past before pushing my hands away and groping me through my pants.

I closed my eyes and bit my lip as she lowered her mouth to my ear, continuing to rub me through my pants.

"Nathan's going out for a while right?" she purred. I nodded.

"I think I might... take a bath or something," she said, her hand moving to my thigh and trailing her fingertips up and down.

I just looked at her, I couldn't even find words.

"Come on," she smirked as I scrambled out of the car.

We grabbed the last of her stuff from the trunk and I used the keys Nathan had left with me to lock the car, before we practically sprinted into the elevator.

All of the bags were instantly dropped on the floor and Hayley pinned me to the wall, our lips meeting once again. I turned us around so she was against the wall and started to kiss up and down her neck, my hands settling on her butt.

We reached our floor way too soon and rushed down the hallway, giggling wildly and struggling with all of Hayley's bags of clothes. She was moving in officially, and I couldn't have been happier.

We burst into the apartment and dropped all the bags in the living room. Hayley disappeared to the bathroom to start filling the bathtub with water, while I burst into Nathan's room.

"Nathan, I need to borrow the apartment for like an hour-"

"Two hours!" yelled Hayley from the bathroom.

"Two hours," I smirked and he rolled his eyes.

"Lucky for you, you can do whatever the hell you like, I'll be gone all night, I'm staying at Jenna's place," he said, bundling some clean clothes into a backpack.

"Oh, OK," I said, laughing slightly.

"Yeah... now I'm outta here, go get laid," he said, patting my shoulder as he walked past me and out of the room.

"I plan on it," I laughed as he left the apartment.

I walked into the kitchen and got myself a glass of water and stood at the window, sipping on it. I smiled as a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

"We going to go and take our bath now?" whispered Hayley in my ear, before biting on it gently. I almost dropped my glass of water. I set it on the counter in front of me and turned around.

My eyes widened. She was wearing only her underwear, and it was nice underwear. A black lace bra with matching panties.

I moaned softly as my eyes took her in, my hands starting to trail up and down her sides.

Kissing her, I pushed her backwards onto the couch, pulling my shirt over my head and dropping it on the floor.

I settled on top of her on the couch and reached my hands behind her back, unfastening her bra and then removing it completely. Her hands were frantically unbuckling my belt, then undoing my pants and pushing them down my legs as far as she could reach.

I broke the kiss and trailed down her body until I reached her underwear. I looked up at her face and smirked, then gripped the item in my teeth and pulled it down her thighs teasingly slowly, leaving her naked.

I moaned slightly and pulled her into a sitting position. She continued to tug at my pants, so I obliged and kicked them off, leaving me in only my boxers.

Without a word she stood up and our lips met once again. I trailed my hands down her body until I reached the back of her thighs, then picked her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist and I carried her to the bathroom where the bath tub was now filled with hot, bubbly water.

I let her lower her feet to the ground and I shut off the taps. Her fingers started to tug on my boxers and I allowed her to pull them off my body.

"Nice ink," she smirked, pressing the frog tattoo on my butt with her finger.

"Yeah yeah," I laughed, splashing her with water from the tub.

She grabbed a handful of the bubbles and blew them into my face.

"That's it," I laughed, grabbing her around the waist and dragging her into the tub. She giggled as we both fell in and water went everywhere, all over the bathroom floor.

"Oops," I laughed.

I turned so I was sitting with my back against the end of the bath. She climbed on top of me, one leg either side, straddling me. My hands found her lower back as her lips found my neck, I moaned quietly as she sucked and bit at the sensitive skin.

Deciding to tease her, I trailed one finger down her stomach and then between her legs. I slowly pushed it into her and she moaned quietly, her head tilting back slightly.

"Yeah?" I smirked. She nodded, removing my hand away and pushing herself onto my cock.

I hadn't been expecting it and I gasped at the sensation as I entered her, my hands finding her waist and holding on firmly.

Doing this in a tub full of hot water may not have been our best idea, as it was only intensifying the pleasure I was feeling.

"Mm, Hayley," I moaned as she started to move. Her wet hands were sliding over my chest, our lips colliding messily.

"So good," she mumbled against my lips, then moaned quietly.

The sound of her moaning sent tingles through my whole body. My hips were moving to meet her every movement, our pace increasing steadily. I shifted slightly and changed angles and she froze.

"Are you OK?" I asked quickly, at first concerned that I was worrying her.

"You're really close to... "

"To that?" I breathed in her ear as I thrust upwards roughly, I obviously hit her spot as she gasped loudly and then swore.

"Fuck," she muttered. I changed our position, so I could get more leverage and set up a faster pace. My hands were sliding over her wet body, hers over mine. I leaned down and sucked gently on her nipple, causing her to arch against me. I bit down and she moaned loudly, all her muscles tightening around me.

"Shit," I stopped completely, overcome by the intense pleasure.

"W-what?" she stammered, trying to get me to move again.

"I'm.. mm... really, really close, and I don't know if I should be finishing inside you, it's probably not a good idea right?" I said quickly. The last thing I wanted to do was knock her up again without planning to.

"Just shut up and fuck me," she smirked, shaking her head slightly and thrusting against me.

I didn't need telling twice.

It wasn't long before she came, her nails digging into my back so hard I was sure they were going to leave a mark. I wasn't far behind, doing my best to muffle my moans against her neck. Hayley did nothing to keep herself quiet, and the sounds she was letting fall from her lips probably would have been enough to send me over the edge on their own.

We were still for a few moments, our bodies still pressed together, still connected, our hearts pounding as we both tried to catch our breath.

"Race you to the bedroom?" I smirked once our breathing was almost back to normal.

She looked up at me, her eyes sparkling.

"I'll beat you any day of the week," she laughed, climbing off me, out of the water and grabbing a towel.

I grinned and copied her, unable to keep my eyes or hands off of her as we dried each other off.

I was so in love with her, so attracted to her, I couldn't help myself. The way she made me feel was indescribable, and something I'd definitely never felt before.

I had developed a dangerous addiction to Hayley, but there was no way I was looking to break it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for the comments, I now have over 100! *wipes away happy tear*

Keep them coming yes? <3

And do answer me this question honestly... shall I tone down the smut? I mean... it's going to tone down naturally anyway, but they're going through their 'can't get their hands off each other' phase right now... so figured I should write some of that. Bah. I don't know. I'm a shit writer let's be honest :')