Status: Active

Forever's Not Supposed to End

Celebration - Part 1

Nathan's point of view

"Aw not again," I groaned as my stomach churned.

I sprinted for the bathroom, making it just in time to puke into the toilet.

I felt Jenna's hands rubbing my back soothingly.

Even after there was nothing left to puke I continued to heave until I could taste blood.

"Try some of this," she said, pushing a glass of slightly fizzing water into my hands.

I stared at it.

"It's just sparkling water, I'm not trying to drug you I promise," she smiled and I sipped on some, flushing the toilet then sitting back on the floor.

For the last two days I couldn't stop throwing up. At least the fever had passed, but everyone was still keeping me away from Matthew, which really sucked because I wanted to spend the holidays with him more than ever this year.

"Thanks for taking care of me, and letting me germ up your apartment," I smiled weakly as I gulped down the rest of the water.

"You're welcome, and I think if I was going to catch your stomach flu I would have by now," she smiled, sitting next to me and pushing her hair out of her face.

I felt so disgusting.

"I wanna take a shower," I said weakly, gazing longing up at the shower.

I was too weak to do anything, not being able to keep down any food was really draining my strength.

I heaved myself to my feet, my knees shaking as I turned on the shower.

"Are you sure? I mean, you don't smell that bad," said Jenna, holding me by the shoulder to help me stay upright.

"I can smell myself and I know that I do, so please don't judge me," I grinned as I scrambled into the shower, still in my pyjamas.

"Nathan!" she giggled as my clothes were instantly soaked.

I slowly sat down and sighed, leaning my back against the side of the shower cubicle and just letting the warm water wash over me.

I peeled my wet shirt off and threw it into the corner of the cubicle, letting my head fall back and the water to just run down my face.

"Feel good?" asked Jenna.

"Feels amazing," I smiled, reaching my hand out of the cubicle and taking her hand. Water ran down my arm and all over the floor but the way she was smiling told me she didn't care.

"You are beyond adorable," she smiled, tracing her fingers over my forearm gently, looking at my tattoos.

My stomach churned again and I groaned, my free hand quickly going to my stomach.

"You also need to be sleeping, and not in the shower goofing around," she said, tilting her head to the side slightly.

"I need to wash," I sighed, snatching up her shower gel and pouring some into my hands. I didn't care if I would smell girly, I lathered it over my face, hair and body, just desperate to get rid of feeling sweaty and sticky.

Not even caring about her seeing, I stripped naked and continued washing as she laughed and went to go and find me a towel.

"Don't look," I mumbled as she came back into the room.

"I've seen you naked loads of times, silly," she laughed, putting the towel down and offering me her hands to help me stand up.

"Yeah but sex is different," I sighed, allowing her to pull me upright.

This was frustrating and embarrassing. Being too weak to do anything for myself.

It would be different if it was Matthew taking care of me, we had no shame around each other, especially since his accident and the amount of things I had to help him with.

The next thing I knew I was being gently dried off with the soft white towel whilst trying to fight her the whole time.

"Quit it," I groaned, hiding my face out of shame.

"Hey," she pulled my hands away and looked at me seriously.

"I love you, and I don't care if you're sick, naked, soaking wet, anything, I still love you," she smiled and I rolled my eyes, pretending like that hadn't just made my heart skip a beat.

Jenna seemed almost like she was mad at me as she helped me get dressed in dry pyjamas and then collapse into her bed.

"Something wrong?" I asked as she started to walk out of the room.

"No," she smiled slightly, but I could see she was upset, she turned to leave the room again and I took a deep breath.

"Iloveyou," I blurted out, saying it for the first time sober.

"Aww Nathan," she giggled, crawling on top of me on the bed.

"And I promise, one day I'll grow some balls so I won't be afraid to say that," I smiled as she ran her fingers through my wet hair.

"You're the cutest thing," she smiled, kissing my forehead gently, her long hair tickling my face.

"Get some rest OK?" she smiled, laying down next to me and draping her arm across my chest.

"Mmkay," I mumbled, letting myself start to drift off to sleep.

Hayley's point of view

"Are you ready yet?" sighed Matthew through the door.

"Not quite," I laughed, slipping on my black high heels.

It was my birthday, and Matthew was taking me out somewhere mysterious.

I teetered over to the door with one last glance at the mirror, then opened it to find him standing there waiting.

"OK, we're not going anywhere, we're staying here and I'm going to do things to you," he smirked, pressing himself against me and kissing my neck.

"Really?" I giggled, straightening my dress nervously. It was shorter than I usually would have dared, but I was feeling adventurous since it was my birthday.

"And your shoes? Yeah, you're never allowed to take those off," he smirked, stepping backwards and looking me up and down.

"Quiet you," I said, narrowing my eyes at him as I searched for my coat.

"I love how you can't even walk," he giggled as I stumbled around the apartment.

"What are you going to be like after I get you drunk?" he asked, raising one eyebrow at me and causing me to pause.

"You're getting me drunk?" I sighed.

"Maybe a little, but come on, it's your birthday, you're supposed to get a little drunk," he persuaded as I found my coat and pulled it on over my dress.

"Whatever you say," I laughed.

Tonight I was just going to go with whatever he had planned. The way he'd kept so secretive about it all told me it was going to be a memorable night.

"Seriously, you look amazing," he smiled sweetly, kissing my cheek.

"So do you," I grinned, tugging on the front of his shirt just a little bit and biting on my lip as I looked at him all dressed up in a shirt and tie.

He smirked and pulled me close, pressing his lips to mine. I kissed him back eagerly, my hands roaming inside his coat and under the bottom of his shirt.

"Do we have to go out?" He breathed as the kiss broke. Our foreheads were touching lightly and we stared directly into each-others eyes.

"I mean, It's your birthday, we can do whatever you want," he smiled, taking my hands in his but looking at me suggestively.

I trailed tiny kisses up his neck to his ear before whispering into it.

"I want you, but I also want whatever you've got planned."

"Well that's just greedy," he laughed, hugging me tightly.

"Come on, let's go," he grinned, taking me by the hand and leading me out of the apartment.

I couldn't help but wonder what on earth Matthew had planned to celebrate my birthday.