Status: Active

Forever's Not Supposed to End

Getting Ready

Matthew's point of view

"So, I kind of like just us living here," grinned Hayley, walking into the bedroom from the bathroom, wearing just a towel and her necklace, her skin glistening with water droplets and her hair wet and in a huge mess.

"Yeah? I like it too," I smiled, trying to keep my eyes on her face. Her towel was very short.

"It also means I can do this without worrying," she smirked, dropping the towel and wandering out of the room, now wearing only her necklace and a smile.

My eyes widened and I practically jumped off the bed, rushing over to the doorway to peek round it and make sure I wasn't dreaming and that she really was just wandering around nude.

"You act like you've never seen me naked," she smirked, walking back over to me.

"Well I... uh... you... I... just. Seriously? My brain struggles to compute under normal circumstances... when you're naked and soaking wet I just can't even... just... " words failed me as she smirked and slowly pushed me backwards until my back was against the bedroom wall.

"Don't you need to start getting ready?" she mumbled against my neck, trailing light kisses there, up to my jaw and back down again.

My breath hitched in my throat.

"Yeah, probably," I forced out, seeing the clock over her shoulder and realising I was running out of time if I was going to shower before we went to Dan's new years party.

I was determined not to touch her, if I did, I knew I'd never stop myself. I kept my hands behind my back.

"Matthew, come on, I'll take an extra shower with you," she suggested, trailing her hands down my sides.

I shook my head and she smirked at me.

"Do I have to persuade you?"

I realised I was actually trembling as I tried desperately to maintain self control.

"You gonna make me beg? Is that what you're trying to do? Huh?"

I shook my head and she smirked again, dropping to her knees in front of me.

"Don't," I said weakly as she rapidly unfastened my belt, looking up at me with a wicked glint in her eyes.

My hands tangled in her wet hair as she undid my jeans and pushed them down my thighs, along with my boxers. I watched her intently as she smirked up at me, her mouth tantalizingly close to doing what I wanted and needed it to do.

"So... don't you need to start getting ready?" she smirked, leaning back slightly and looking up at me. My gaze flicked from her eyes to her lips and back to her eyes.

"They won't mind if we're late," I gasped, finally losing my self control and giving in to her.

My knees went completely weak as she slowly took me into her mouth and all plans of getting to the party on time were abandoned.

***

Nathan's point of view

"Baby, not again," I giggled as I tried to pull my shirt on and Jenna followed my hands down it, unbuttoning each button just a few seconds after I had fastened it.

"But you look so sexy all dressed up with your hair all fixed and pretty and I just want to do bad things to you," she said, then kissed me hard on the lips.

I kissed her back for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Come on, let's go get drunk for free. I promise you all the sex you want when we get home?" I offered.

"You got a deal," she grinned, grabbing my hand and shaking it.

I laughed at her as she pulled on her dress. It was gold and glittery, with shoes that matched and she looked amazing.

I was so distracted that I buttoned up my shirt all wrong and had to start from scratch.

"Now who's making us late," she laughed as I struggled with the tiny buttons.

"Shut up," I poked my tongue out at her.

Once it was finally done I stuffed my tie in my pocket and threw on my coat as it was freezing out.

"You didn't wear your tie? But I love your skinny little tie, it's cute," she pouted as we walked quickly through the frozen streets.

"Uh.. I will be wearing it. I can't tie it... I kinda need Matthew to do it for me..." I mumbled.

"You're the cutest effing man in the world," she laughed and I took her hand, lacing our fingers together as we walked.

"I find it so sweet how you guys are like two halves, and there's stuff that you can't do that Matthew can, and stuff that he can't do that you can... like you need each other to be a whole person."

"Yeah, was so scary to almost lose him," I sighed and she stopped walking and stood in front of me, staring right into my eyes.

"But you didn't. And tonight it's going to be a whole new year, and he's around for it, and so am I, and so are you, and it's going to be the best thing ever," she said sincerely.

"I knew I love you for a reason," I smiled, hugging her tightly, desperately trying to stop myself being overcome by emotion.

We could hear the music from Dan's apartment from the lobby of his building, so I knew his neighbours were unlikely to be impressed, especially since he lived in the penthouse and the music was pounding through the entire building.

"DUDE!" he yelled as he flung the door open to us.

"And dudette," he smiled at Jenna as I shook his hand then hugged him tightly.

"You all ready to get the fuck out of 2010 and never look back?" he asked as we pulled off our coats.

"Tell me about it," I mumbled.

The apartment was packed with people, but I immediately noticed Matthew wasn't here yet, which was unusual, because I was usually the one who was late.

"You got your tie in your pocket?" he smirked as he noticed I wasn't wearing one.

I nodded and he chuckled, shaking his head.

"You guys are so lost without each other. Anyway. Drink? Beverage? There's literally an entire liquor store in the kitchen, so help yourself to anything you want," he said, closing the door behind us then swigging from his beer.

"Come on, let's get you drunk," giggled Jenna, dragging me to the kitchen by the hand through the crowd of people. That took a while, because every single person that spotted me wanted to know how Matthew was doing, if he was coming tonight, then they'd ask a bunch more questions about him and I and his recovery, and then I'd introduce Jenna, and it took a while to talk to everybody.

"I'm so sick of talking about Matthew's accident," I groaned as we walked into the kitchen.

"Just smile, and tell them he's doing great, which he is, and then change the subject. Once he's here then he can take some of the heat off you by answering his own questions," she said, closing the door to block out the booming of the music so we could hear each other speak.

"Well, I guess I'm enjoying the looks of extreme jealousy on people's faces when they see I'm here tonight with the most beautiful girl in the world," I smirked, pouring us up some drinks.

"Kiss ass," she muttered, snatching up her drink and downing it in one, then setting the empty cup down and looking at me expectantly.

"I really mean it, you look incredible, and not just tonight but all the time," I smiled as she nudged me to make her another drink.

"Slow down, it's early, we got the whole night to drink... and I kind of want us to remember tonight," I said, putting down the bottles and wrapping my arms around her.

"Is something going to happen? Like other than it being New Years. OH MY GOD! Is Matthew going to propose to Hayley?" she squealed.

"Nope. Well, if he's doing that he hasn't told me about it. No, me and Hayley have put something together for him and Dan's showing it at five to midnight, kinda like a video and photo slideshow kinda thing, but I don't want to be too drunk before then, because I want to remember his face when he see's it. Oh, and I'll cry like a baby, because I haven't even seen the finished thing yet... so... get ready for all that."

She hugged me tighter and kissed my cheek.

"That's such a sweet thing to do for him."

"Well, he's pretty keen to just move on with his life and put the whole thing behind him, so it's kinda a tribute to everything he's overcome to get this far, and just how much we love him and stuff..." I trailed off.

"Hey Nathan - oh sorry guys," smiled Dan, walking into the room.

"Not interrupting anything am I?"

"Yeah, gosh, Jeezi, we were like totally having sex in here," laughed Jenna sarcastically.

"Sorry," he smirked.

"But dude, Matthew just got here, he's out in the hallway. I've turned the music down because I know he's sensitive to it.. and I've told everybody not to ask him dumb questions. Anything else I need to do?" he asked, talking very quickly.

"Nope," I grinned, kissing Jenna on the cheek and then rushing out into the hallway to meet Matthew.

"I would ask what kept you, but I clearly don't need to," I sighed, pretending to be mad at the fact his hair was still wet from the shower, and the look on his face told me he'd just got laid.

"Sorry, she wouldn't take no for an answer," he smirked slightly and Hayley elbowed him playfully in the ribs, blushing pink.

"OK. Before I puke, let's go in. Do you want the music quieter?"

He shook his head and Hayley smiled. Her hair was wavy tonight, but it really suited her. She pulled off her coat and I caught a glimpse of the dress she was wearing and froze for a second. From the front it looked fairly ordinary, just plain black and high-fronted. But the back was keeping Matthew distracted and I could see why.

There was only a back of the skirt, the top half of the dress was completely backless.

"You ready?" grinned Dan, opening the door to the apartment for the three of us to enter the room together.

"Almost," said Matthew, shoving his hand into my right pocket where he knew my tie was rolled up. He carefully tied it for me and I smiled, trying desperately to ignore the fact that his hands were shaking.

Someone called Dan back into the apartment and he disappeared. Hayley and I both spoke at exactly the same time, looking at Matthew as the colour drained from his face rapidly.

"Are you OK?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda a filler, sorry guys, but the next chapter I had to set something up for the next chapter... but you'll see!