Status: Active

Forever's Not Supposed to End

Hopeless

Matthew's point of view

*Two days later*


I slowly opened my eyes, all I could see was white.

"Hey buddy," came Nathan's voice from the fog, he sounded nervous.

"What's going on?" I tried to say, but it came out as an incoherent slur.

"Nothing much, just hangin' out," he said casually.

I blinked hard and the room started to come into focus.

"Why am I in the hospital?" I mumbled, scratching my head and trying to remember anything.

"Nightmoves got you into a little trouble, but you're OK," he said quickly.

"Urgh, holy fuck," I muttered, rubbing my head.

"Hey, you're OK, I got you," he said, his hand taking mine.

I held onto his hand and closed my eyes, and tried to remember.

"I don't remember," I whispered.

"It's OK. It's nothing important. You just drank a lot and passed out, an we couldn't wake you up so we had to bring you here. I'm really sorry, I know you hate it, but I was really scared..." his voice trailed into nothing and I squeezed his hand.

"I need to go home," I mumbled, without opening my eyes rolling onto my front and trying to push myself into a sitting position.

I couldn't find any strength.

"I got you."

Nathan helped me sit up and held me by my shoulders as I wobbled slightly.

I opened my eyes and looked at him.

He looked exhausted.

"How long have I been here?" I mumbled, looking around.

"A little over two days, and you've been out the whole time," he sighed.

"I'm going home," I said firmly, trying to stand up.

"I think you should probably wait until someone tells you it's OK to leave," he protested weakly.

"I need to get away from this place," I insisted.

"Where's Hayley?" I asked quickly, finally realising she wasn't here.

"She's with the Paramore guys, they came into town yesterday ready to rehearse before they hit the road again," he told me as I hunted for my clothes.

"Give me my clothes Nathan," I sighed.

"I don't think you should leave until-"

"Give me my fucking clothes, I want to go home," I hissed, my left hand going to my head as it throbbed painfully.

Nathan didn't need telling again. He handed over my clothes and I quickly changed into them from my hospital gown, before forcing him to help me leave without telling anybody.

I was sick of dealing with this.

The car ride back to the apartment was silent apart from my occasional gasp when my head would feel as if it was about to explode.

Nathan parked up outside and I immediately tried to get up and out of the car, stumbling slightly and sighing as I sank back into the seat.

"I got you," he said quietly, getting out and walking around the car to give me a hand.

"I hate this," I sighed.

"I hate it too, thought we were done with it, but I guess sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards," he shrugged before helping me out of the car and allowing me to lean heavily on him as we walked into the building.

As we were in the elevator I pulled my cellphone out of my pocket. I had two new messages, the first from Hayley. I opened it and smiled to myself as I read it.

I'm worried about you. Sleep tight my hero, and come and see me when you wake up. Love you with all my heart <3

The second message was from a number I didn't recognise and was only three words.

Call me please.

I looked at the number, but didn't recognise it at all. I chose to ignore it for the time being and texted Hayley back so she could stop worrying.

I'm awake! Apparently Nightmoves showed himself. Can't wait to hear the stories.. I'll see you later, and I love you more x.

I dropped onto the couch and sighed heavily, putting my feet up on the coffee table.

"Here," said Nathan, coming over with a glass of water for me.

"Thanks," I said gratefully taking it from him.

My hands were shaking as I sipped on it, before setting it down on the coffee table.

Nathan sat down next to me and looked at me expectantly.

"What?" I asked, my hand going to my head again. The pain didn't seem to be easing up, and I knew I was going to be in for a rough day.

"Jenna is here, and we wanted to talk to you about something," he said, shifting awkwardly.

"Sure," I said, grabbing the water and sipping on it again.

Within a few moments Nathan had gone to the room he had once been living in, and returned with Jenna, holding hands.

"Did you knock her up?" I asked and they both smirked.

"No. You probably don't remember, seeing as you passed out like ten minutes after, but... I asked Jenna to marry me, and-"

"I said yes!" she giggled excitedly, grabbing Nathan round the neck and kissing his cheek.

A grin spread across my face as I noticed the ring around her finger.

"You guys, that's so amazing, I'm really happy for you," I grinned as Nathan kissed Jenna's lips quickly and they both smiled at each other.

"I'm just glad you're doing better, Nathan was so worried, we all were," said Jenna quickly.

"Yeah, I'm a little confused as to what even... happened?" I said and they looked at each other before Nathan spoke.

"You just... dropped. We were all partying really hard, and you just... I don't know. It was like you fainted or something, but we couldn't wake you up. Hayley was just... I don't even know how to explain how upset she was. We've all been sitting with you, and the Paramore guys had to literally drag her away from you to make her go and rehearse with them. She was crying and everything and Josh got really mad and yelled at her, and it turned really crazy," he sighed.

"No way, he yelled at her? Fuck that guy is getting my foot up his a-"

"But it seemed like they had some issues, I didn't understand half of what their fight was even about, but it got kinda nasty," Nathan cut me off.

"Damn," I mumbled. I hated to think of Hayley being upset, or that any of her bandmates could yell at her.

I winced as my head throbbed again and Nathan put his hand on my shoulder.

"You should get some sleep," he said quietly.

"I've been sleeping for two days, I want to-"

"No. Matthew. You need to sleep. I'm being serious. Get in your bed now, before I make you, and I'm not even kidding," he said, looking at me seriously.

I sighed and stood up slowly, walking shakily to my bedroom, Nathan following me.

"Get some sleep," he ordered, as I fell into my bed, still wearing all my clothes.

I mumbled something even I didn't understand and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Hayley's point of view

I left the practice room as quickly as I could once we were done, determined not to talk to any of the guys.

Josh and I had our biggest fight ever, and I felt sick to even look at him.

He'd told me I needed to stop letting my world revolve around Matthew, and that my life needed to be 100% about the band now.

I stuffed my hands into my pockets and walked faster, trying to keep warm. There was still snow on the ground, and it felt cold enough to snow again.

Glancing behind me, I saw that none of the guys were trying to come after me, which I was grateful for. All I wanted was to be with Matthew.

When he'd passed out on New Years I'd been so terrified. We couldn't wake him up, nothing we tried worked, so our only choice was to take him to the hospital.

They assured us it was just because he'd drank far too much, and that his brain was just resting, but I was still so scared.

I pushed my key into the lock of the apartment and turned it, letting myself in.

It was pitch dark in the living room and I flicked on the light to notice a note on the coffee table in Jenna's handwriting.

Hayley!
Matthew is sleeping, he's OK but looks like he needs a hug :)
We've gone for dinner, be back late,
Love NathanielDaniel and Jenna xox


I smiled at her nickname for Nathan and put the note back down, kicking off my shoes and slowly opening the door to mine and Matthew's room.

He was fast asleep in the middle of the bed, still in all his clothes.

I smiled to myself and pulled off his shoes gently so I didn't wake him, and lay down next to him, my fingers slowly tracing the tattoos on his left arm.

I watched his face as he slept. He looked uncomfortable, like he was in pain, and it reminded me of the first few weeks I had known him. I hated it. I wanted so much for him to be free from it.

I gently kissed along his jawline, my hand resting on his chest.

He smiled and tilted his head, trapping my lips in a sweet kiss that made me giggle as we broke apart.

"You're supposed to be sleeping," I poked his chest playfully.

"I was, but then you started kissing me, and I woke up," he smiled slightly at me, but I could see the pain in his eyes.

"I was so scared," I whispered, burying my face in his neck.

"It's OK. Don't ever be scared, I won't leave you, I promise," he kissed my forehead gently.

"I don't think you should come to Europe, I think you need to rest," I said before I could stop myself.

"Maybe you're right," he nodded, sighing.

"But I don't want you so far away, I'll miss you so much too," he sighed, wrapping his arms around me slowly.

"I know, I will too, but you push yourself too hard. This whole thing has just proved it. You're still so fragile and-"

"Hey! I am not fragile," he pouted.

"You are, but there's nothing wrong with that," I smiled, lightly touching the side of his face.

Matthew had unwillingly shown us that although he pretended to be fine, he certainly was far from it and had a long road back to full health. I knew I'd be there for him all the way, as long as it took.

"Did I ever tell you I love you?" he grinned, wrapping his arms around me tightly and pressing our foreheads together.

"You might have mentioned it," I smiled as I looked into his eyes. I still couldn't decide if they were green or blue.

My heart skipped a beat as the gap between our lips closed once again.

I'd never been so hopelessly in love.