Status: Active

Forever's Not Supposed to End

Late at Night

Hayley's point of view

"You can't go with them, I'm sorry," I told the man.

"But I-"

I stepped in front of him to block his path.

"You aren't allowed. Nobody is. I'm sorry. You have to wait here," I said, trying to hide the way my voice was shaking as I watched his eyes fill with tears.

"I need to be with my brother, we're never apart, we-"

I heard the voice from behind me too.

"I think we're losing him."

"Stay here, I need to help," I told the man stood in front of me.

"HAYLEY!" yelled one of my colleagues.

"Will you stay here?" I asked the man quickly and he nodded slightly, taking a deep breath.

"He'll be OK, we'll figure it out," I said, quickly touching the man on the arm before taking off down the corridor.

My sneakers squeaked on the shiny plastic floor as I ran, skidding to a stop next to the stretcher my colleagues were all already crowding around.

My heart felt like it was breaking in half as the man on the stretcher stared blankly up at us.

He was trying to talk, but nothing he was saying was making any sense at all.

As he was wheeled into a room, one of the paramedics from the ambulance produced his ID.

My eyes scanned over the drivers licence rapidly.

Matthew Leone.

29.

Chicago.

"Hey Matthew, you can hear me right?" I offered and he nodded slightly.

Blood. There was so much blood everywhere.

"That's awesome, so what did you get up to today?" I asked, taking his hand as two of the doctors started trying to get a better look at his head.

He blinked hard and stared up at me.

"You do anything fun today?" I asked again, a lump rising in my throat.

He looked beyond terrified.

"Honey, it's OK, it'll be OK, they just want to take a better look at you, that's all," I explained as the doctors continued to closely inspect the left side of his head.

He whimpered slightly as one of the doctors lightly touched his head.

"It's OK," I told him, he squeezed my hand and closed his eyes.

I felt sick. The blood was everywhere. He was so terrified. He was in so much trouble.

The doctors started yelling instructions and he squeezed my hand tighter.

"Nn-nnathan," he mumbled quietly.

"Is that your brother?" I asked, trying to distract him from what the doctors were doing. The man in the corridor looked exactly the same as the man in front of me.

"Mhm. T-twins," he stammered.

"That's so awesome. When I was a little girl I always dreamed I had a twin out there somewhere and I'd grow up and we'd find each other and be best friends," I said. I didn't really know why I was telling him this. I was just desperate to keep him calm and keep him talking.

He offered the tiniest flicker of a smile and I squeezed his hand.

"We're going to put him under and take him right into theatre," one of the doctors told me quickly.

Matthew's, eyes widened and he pulled on my hand.

"W-will you b-be there when I w-wake up?" he stammered.

"Of course I will Matthew, I promise," I smiled quickly, giving his hand one last squeeze before I was forced to let it go.


"Hayley?"

I opened my eyes slowly to find tears streaming down my face, Matthew staring at me, looking half-asleep but very concerned.

I leaped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom as my stomach churned. I slammed the door closed and leaned against it, breathing heavily.

I tried to calm down for a few seconds but couldn't stop myself from panicking and then throwing up into the toilet.

I sat back onto the floor and sighed, wiping my face with my hands before splashing some cold water on my face and brushing my teeth quickly before heading back to bed.

Matthew looked up at me carefully.

"I-I had a bad dream," I mumbled, wiping my face with my hands, climbing back into bed and turning my back to him, pulling a pillow over my head.

"Talk to me. Tell me about it," he said softly, pulling the pillow away and wrapping his arms around me, pulling me close.

"I'm here to listen," he said, pushing my hair out of the way and gently kissing the back of my neck.

I sniffled and tried to shrug him off, but he held on tighter.

"You're not getting away missy. Now what was this bad dream about huh?"

"Nothing," I lied quickly.

"It doesn't seem like nothing, not if its making you sick," he said firmly.

I stayed silent and closed my eyes, trying to make the image of the first time I'd seen Matthew leave my mind.

I couldn't forget.

"And you mumbled my name a few times, so I know it was about me," he said, carefully stroking my hair back off my face and kissing my cheek.

"It was really horrible. And I still think about it. I can't make it go away," I mumbled into my pillow.

"I wish I could make it go away," he said softly, his fingers tracing small circles on my shoulder.

"I... I still see it in my head sometimes, that night," I whispered, fighting back more tears.

"Look at me," I turned over slowly to face him.

"I wouldn't be here without you and everything you did that night. I know you saw some really horrible things, but I really want you to try and just forget it as best you can, and I know its hard because there are things that I can't forget either, but I'm trying to just enjoy today and not think about then, I really want you to try and do that too OK?"

I nodded and he smiled.

"It's all done with, we just need to forget all about it," he sighed.

We were silent for what felt like a long time, just holding each other, being with each other. I was slowly calming down from my dream, though it as still in the back of my mind.

"I don't want you to go to Europe. I'll be sat here all by myself for months," he pouted, breaking the silence.

"I won't be gone for months. It's just one month. And you wont be by yourself, you've got Nathan, and Jenna, and your family and Dan and Mateo and tons of other people to hang out with," I smiled, taking his hand and squeezing it slightly.

"Well I never see Nathan anymore... him and Jenna are spending a lot of time together, which I understand.. seeing as they're apparently getting married," he said, rolling his eyes.

"You don't approve of the whole thing do you?" I asked, my face falling. Nathan and Jenna were so happy.

"Well, I mean. They've been dating for two months. I think that says enough..." he trailed off.

"I think it's great that he asked her, I mean, for all we know they could be engaged for five years before they actually get married. I think Nathan knows what he's doing," I smiled, squeezing Matthew's hand.

"I guess. I don't know, maybe I'm kinda jealous, maybe I wanted to ask you first," he smirked.

"Stop telling me these things, you'll ruin the surprise if you ever do ask me," I giggled.

"Sorry," he smiled, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close.

I smiled and kissed his neck. He held me tighter and breathed out slowly.

"Sorry, I keep forgetting that gets you wound up," I mumbled against his neck, kissing it once more and then smiling up at him.

"No you don't, you do it deliberately," he smirked, trailing his hands under my shirt and settling them on my sides.

"I honestly don't, I know you get frustrated when you can't be as... physical as you want to be," I said and he laughed.

"That's a nice way of putting it," he laughed.

"How tired are you right now?" I asked slowly and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Too tired to play those kind of games, sorry," he said with a sad sort of smile.

"It's OK, I mean, I shouldn't pressure you, I know that's something that takes a lot of energy and - what are you doing?"

A smirk spread across Matthew's face as his fingers trailed to the waistband of my pyjama pants and started to tug them down, along with my underwear.

"What are you doing?" I asked again.

"You know, just because I'm tired, doesn't mean you have to go without..." he said, his calloused fingertips brushing my thighs and making me shiver.

"I-" I started but he cut me off by pressing his lips against mine.

I moaned into his mouth as Matthew slipped one finger into me.

He broke the kiss and smirked.

I gasped as he trailed his mouth up to my ear.

"I'm still good for some things when I'm tired you know," he whispered, causing his hot breath on my skin to send shivers down my spine.

My mouth fell open as he added a second finger, causing me to arch my back slightly.

I grabbed his arm and pulled his hand away.

"That isn't what I want," I told him.

"Oh? What... what do you want?" he asked hesitantly.

"You," I said quickly, a smirk creeping onto my face as I pulled his shirt up. He lifted his shoulders and allowed me to pull it over his head and throw it aside.

"Aww Hayley I'm half asleep, I don't know if I can-"

Matthew stopped talking abruptly as I started to rub his growing erection through his boxers.

"What if you just lay there and I do all the work?" I offered, desperately wanting to feel the closeness to him that I felt whenever we'd get physical.

He sighed, but he was smirking.

"I'll be right back OK?" he said, kissing my cheek and getting up, walking out of the room.

He was gone for maybe ten minutes and when he came back he was smirking.

"What did you do?" I asked, looking at him carefully as he crawled up the bed toward me.

"Just something for a little... boost," he smirked, pressing his lips to mine.

I could immediately taste vodka in his mouth.

"Matthew you know you aren't meant to drink, its bad for your brain," I hissed and pushed him away.

He smirked and pushed me down against the bed.

"Matthew isn't here right now," he breathed into my ear and I shivered slightly.

He trailed tiny kisses from my ear back to my lips, where I immediately kissed him hard, his fingers tangled in my hair.

Our kisses became urgent as our hands roamed each others bodies.

The remainder of our clothing was lost and our kisses became messier and more frantic.

Our bodies were pressed together, and Matthew suddenly flipped us over so he was on top of me.

With another smirk he pushed into me without warning, causing me to curse under my breath.

"Fuck."

My hands roamed Matthew's back as he stayed perfectly still.

His eyes were closed and he seemed to be concentrating hard on something.

I started to thrust up against him and he grabbed my hips, holding them still.

"Just, give me a second," he whispered through gritted teeth.

"Something wrong?" I questioned, still trying to move my hips against his grip.

"You feel so good right now and just - fuck," he moaned, his eyes rolling back.

I whimpered as Matthew lifted my hips and started to thrust into me with short, almost rough thrusts that felt so good I could have screamed.

"Oh, fuck, Matthew, more, fuck," I gasped out.

"Potty mouth," he smirked, speeding up slightly, his grip on my hips tightening as he raised them slightly higher to change angles.

My eyes slammed closed and my mouth dropped open as he hit something inside of me that made me feel like I could explode from pleasure.

"Oh yeah? You like that?" he growled into my ear.

"Y-yes," I spluttered, trying to breathe.

"Yeah? You want more?" he asked in the same tone. It sent a tingle through my body, this was the new side of him I'd yet to meet in the bedroom.

He slowed down to an agonisingly slow pace and I whimpered.

"Matthew," I whined and he smirked.

"Tell me what you want," he whispered. His eyes were dark, the different side to him I had seen on New Years Eve.

"I want, I-I want you to keep doing what you were doing," I mumbled, feeling my face flush slightly red. I wasn't entirely sure how to respond, if he was hinting at me to talk dirty to him.

"You mean this?" he questioned, thrusting back in and hitting the same spot that made me moan loudly.

"Fuck, more," I moaned out.

"You like that?" he smirked, stopping moving again.

I felt like screaming in frustration.

"So good," I gasped, arching my back and trying to push my hips up against his but his grip was too strong.

"Fuck - don't do that," he gasped out as I squeezed around him.

"Why?" I asked, doing it again.

"Because - shit - I'm getting close, so don't - Hayley," he gasped as I did it again.

He moved his hands so they were on my lower back, holding my hips up off the bed. I wrapped my legs around his waist tightly and he started to move again slowly at first making me moan and whimper as he teased me.

"Don't tease," I whined as he missed my spot again deliberately.

He just smirked at me and shifted slightly so he was at the correct angle.

I moaned loudly and arched my back, my hands grabbing at the sheets beneath me.

"Harder," I gasped out as Matthew started to pick up the pace.

"So close," he mumbled, slamming into me roughly now with strength I didn't even know he had.

I couldn't fight it off any longer and finally hit my climax, loud moans and gasps falling from my lips. Matthew watched my face, smirking the whole time before his eyes slipped closed and with one final movement he came, moaning louder than I had ever heard him before.

He pulled out, making me whimper, and dropped onto the bed next to me, laying on his side, his chest was heaving as he tried to catch his breath.

"That was-" I started but then couldn't find any words.

"You're so loud when you've been drinking," I giggled and he sighed and shook his head.

"My neighbours probably hate us so much right now," he laughed, pulling the blankets over us and wrapping his arms around me.

I could feel his heart pounding.

We were silent for a few minutes, just holding eachother. I listened to Matthew's breathing as it slowly returned to normal, before speaking.

"I love you so much," I said quietly, kissing his arm because that was the only part of him I could reach without moving.

He didn't say anything so I shifted slightly and turned over to face him.

He was fast asleep and I smiled, kissing his forehead.

"I don't want to have to leave you," I whispered, wrapping one arm around his waist and resting my head on his chest to go to sleep.

Leaving for tour in a weeks time was going to be impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah, sorry for leaving it so long! I vanished for a few days and completely forgot to update before I left, but here it is!

I'll update again soon to make it up to you guys :)

As ever I'd love your comments, especially ones about Mr. nightmoves ;)