Status: Active

Forever's Not Supposed to End

Travelling

Matthew's point of view

Three weeks later


Going through the airport and getting onto the plane had been a blur. I was half asleep the whole time, with Nathan and Jenna practically dragging me along.

I'd instantly fallen asleep on the plane, but had now woken up to find myself sitting alone in our row of three seats.

I rolled my eyes as I saw Jenna walking down the aisle back towards her seat, her hair slightly messier than it had been and her face flushed.

"Don't tell me, mile high club?" I sighed as she dropped back into her seat.

"Maybe," she smirked.

"Are you a member of the mile high club Matthew?" she asked, still smirking at me.

"Isn't everybody?" I asked, yawning and stretching as best I could in my seat.

"No, he isn't actually, he's too much of a prude," announced Nathan, climbing back into his seat between Jenna and I.

"Shut up," I hissed and Jenna laughed, running her hand up and down Nathan's thigh.

I turned away pointedly.

I could hear them mumbling things to eachother, most of them sexual and obscene. Jenna was giggling, Nathan was smirking. I was getting pissed off.

I looked at the time again, I still had another four hours of flight to tolerate. My head was pounding and I couldn't get back to sleep, added to which I was starting to feel nauseous, and I wasn't sure if that was just from the way Jenna and Nathan were behaving.

I heard him giggle and turned back to face them to find her hand down his pants and her mouth on his neck. The blanket draped over them did nothing to hide what was going on, and even though it was a night flight, other people were still awake and might see them.

"Seriously. You just fucked like thirty seconds ago. Please control yourselves," I sighed, closing my eyes and leaning back in my seat.

"Aww, is Mattie jealous because he hasn't got any in a few weeks?" taunted Nathan and I kicked him in the leg.

"I'll take that as a yes," he laughed and I turned away from him.

I slipped back into my dream, not really sure if I was awake or asleep. All I knew was the cold, recycled air on my face, the dull pain in my head, but the nervous, excited feeling in my stomach when I thought about the next few days would hold.

My hand slipped into my pocket and my fingers closed around the ring stored safely there, I couldn't help smile to myself.

I had such an incredible night planned.

I reflected on the last three weeks, how strange it had been to be apart from Hayley. I mean, we'd spoken on the phone every single day, but it wasn't the same as being with her. I just wanted to hold her.

Plus she'd been acting strange when we spoke. She'd ask me questions that made me feel like she doubted if I was always going to be there for her, almost like she was insecure about our relationship.

I hated that she felt that way even for a second.

I couldn't wait to reassure her I'd always be there. I couldn't wait to ask her to be my wife.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew, I was being gently shaken by the shoulder as Nathan woke me up.

I blinked and looked around.

"Don't worry, you can get right back to sleep when we get to the hotel," he assured me as I groaned and pulled my hood up to cover my face.

Getting through the airport was a daze, and the next thing I knew I was waking up in a comfortable bed in a hotel room.

I sat up slowly.

I became aware I was only wearing my tee-shirt and boxers and noticed my jeans on the floor.

Slightly panicked, I lunged for them, quickly snatching the ring from the left front pocket and breathing a sigh of relief.

I noticed a scribbled note in Nathan's handwriting on the table and picked it up.

Hey loser.
You passed out in the cab so I tucked you in to get some sleep, we're going to wander around, call me when you get up and we can meet you x x


I put the note back down and looked around.

My small suitcase was here, as I wouldn't need much for just a a few days so I didn't bring a big one. The clothes I'd been wearing were scattered on the floor where I could only guess Nathan had put them.

I was starting to feel less weird about how much he helped me, and he hadn't needed to help me for quite a few weeks now, it was just the travelling had tired me out completely.

I grabbed my toiletry bag from my suitcase, deciding that I was in need of a shower and a shave.

Walking into the bathroom I pulled my shirt over my head and threw it aside.

I caught my reflection in the mirror and paused for a second, looking at the man staring back at me.

I was still much too skinny, but I was finally starting to rebuild some muscle definition. My fingers traced my abs, which were finally getting back to the point I had almost achieved before this entire thing had happened.

I didn't feel nearly as strong as before this had happened. I still had moments where I felt completely pathetic and weak, but those were becoming fewer and fewer and I was reaching what I felt to be a new normal.

I stripped off and showered quickly, the hot water soothing my aching muscles. There was just something about travelling, it always made my muscles sore from sitting still for so long.

After my shower I shaved and then fixed my hair, before getting dressed in faded black jeans and a white tee shirt.

I then tidied up the room, fully expecting to be coming back here with Hayley tonight and wanting it to not be a huge mess.

I made the bed and looked around, deciding that all my stuff was tidy, I pulled on my black leather jacket and converse and left the room, double checking that the ring was in my pocket before I did so.

Walking down the street in the middle of Paris felt strange, especially on my own.

I pulled out my phone and started to call Nathan, only to be jumped on from behind, a pair of arms going around my neck and a pair of legs around my waist.

"GOTCHA!" giggled Jenna, clinging onto my back as I tried to not fall over.

"Hey come on, get off," I laughed as she let go and I turned around to see her and Nathan laughing at me.

"Did I scare you?" she smirked.

"Maybe a little," I admitted.

"But you didn't fall down. See, I was just testing you," she smirked.

"Did I pass?"

"With flying colours. You hungry?" smiled Nathan and I nodded.

"Awesome. Let's get some food, I'm starving too," he grinned and Jenna poked him in the stomach.

"We just ate?" she laughed.

"But I'm always hungry and food is the best thing in the world! Well, maybe second best," he added, kissing her on the cheek.

"Wow, you're better than food, not even I'm better than food," I laughed as we continued walking.

"No, you're about equal with food. Joint second best thing in the world," he grinned and I shook my head, laughing at the two of them and their goofiness.

"So you nervous?" asked Jenna as we walked around looking for somewhere to eat.

"Nope," I smiled and Nathan patted me on the back.

"He's got nothing to be nervous about, but me on the other hand? Damn was I terrified before I asked you," he grinned and Jenna smiled.

"I think you knew I was going to say yes," she said, kissing him on the cheek.

"Well, not really, I kinda thought you might slap me in the face and run away," he giggled.

"I'd never hit you! Unless... you wanted me to," she smirked and I pulled a face.

"Way too much information!" I said quickly, covering my ears.

They both laughed and we continued to walk.

I couldn't help but smile as Nathan took Jenna's hand.

Now all I needed was Hayley.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guuyyysssss!! I'm so excited for the next chapterrrr!! You all know what's coming right? ;)