Status: Active

Forever's Not Supposed to End

A Place to Hide

Hayley's point of view

*flashback*

"Come on bitch, you know you want it," he growled, pushing me into the wall harder.

"Oliver, no, I have to go to work," I tried to tell him.

The back of his hand collided with the side of my face. I whimpered.

Not again.

Please not again.

One of his hands pushed my dyed red hair off my face, caressing my cheek lightly.

"You look awful frightened, pretty," he whispered.

My stomach churned. I hated when he called me 'pretty'. It made my skin crawl.

The look in his dark brown eyes told me this was really going to happen again. His pupils were dilated and staring blankly, a menacing smirk on his lips.

"Don't be frightened babe, its just me," he whispered in my ear, tracing his tongue around the shell of my ear.

I couldn't move. I was paralysed with fear.

His hands started to roughly push my shirt up. I didn't even try and resist. It was pointless.

He pushed me towards the bed, ripping my shirt over my head and climbing on top of me.

"Show some enthusiasm," he growled, grabbing my hand and shoving it down his pants.

I swallowed hard.

This was really happening. Again.

*end flashback*



I slowly started to come around. I could hear voices. People talking. I could hear one voice clearer than all the others, a voice singing very quietly, a song I didn't know.

"You know you have to feel the pain,
Let it hurt, let it rain, let it rain.
'Cause if you bury it away,
it will come back again, and again,
Let it go."

The song was beautiful, the melody haunting.

I opened my eyes slowly.

Nathan was sitting in the chair beside the hospital bed I was laying in. He looked tense, he was curled up, holding his knees to his chest, not looking at me, just singing to himself.

"That's beautiful," I croaked, my throat as dry as a desert.

He looked at me and smiled slightly.

"You're awake."

"That song. Its beautiful."

"You think? I don't think it's gonna make the record, Matthew has better ones cooking," he said, shaking his head.

He awkwardly fidgeted with his hands, looking around.

"Go and be with him. I'm fine," I told him, trying to hide the fact that I desperately wanted him to stay by my side.

"No. You aren't. I hardly even know you. But I can't leave you here." He shook his head and twisted his hands again.

"I guess... I guess I told Matthew what happened to you. He was really upset. He gave me this to give to you," he said, pulling a gold key from his pocket and placing it in my hand.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Its a place to hide. He wants you to stay there, so you're safe from whoever is hurting you," he explained.

That hit me like a smack in the face.

"R-really?" I stammered.

"Yes. He doesn't want to see anybody getting hurt. Guess that's what got him here in the first place..."

"What happened?" I asked. I had always avoided the subject, but I had heard rumours from other staff that Matthew had been in a fight on the street.

"As far as I know, he saw a guy beating his wife and he stepped in. The guy hit him..." Nathan's voice faltered. "The guy hit him from behind, when he wasn't expecting it, with a blunt object."

I gasped slightly. What a hero. What an absolute angel.

"Your brother is a hero," I said quietly. Nathan stared at the ground, then wiped away a tear.

"And I'm a sissy, who cries in front of girls, and can't even sleep with the lights off," he said, smiling sadly.

"You aren't all bad. You waited with me so I wasn't alone when I woke up today," I said, smiling at him.

"I guess."

"I want to leave now, go to this hiding spot," I said quietly.

"Let's get outta' here," he said.

Nathan stood up and left the room I could change from my hospital gown into my clothes. It took me a while to change as I was trying to move carefully so I didn't hurt my ribs any more.

Once I was changed I gathered up all my stuff and left the room. Nathan was waiting in the hallway for me.

"I got my ribs fractured once too you know," he told me as we walked down the corridor towards the elevator.

"Yeah? How'd that happen?" I asked as I jabbed the 'down' button with my thumb.

"Well.. when we're on tour we get a little... we like to party. So... Nightmoves decides it'd be awesome to get up on these speakers and jump off. So I climb up, and I'm ya' know.. pretty wasted, I lost my footing and fell onto a lower speaker, smashed my ribs, didn't even know until I woke up in Mateo's bathtub the next morning."

I giggled.

I could just imagine Nathan drunk. He'd be a wail of a time.

"Who's Mateo and Nightmoves?" I asked as we got into the elevator.

"Mateo? Guitarist in our band, awesome guy. And Nightmoves? That Matthew's alter-ego. He turns into him at night sometimes, weird shit happens," he said, smirking to himself.

The elevator pinged open at the parking level.

I puled my car keys out of my purse.

"I don't think I can drive like this," I said, one hand on my ribs.

"Uh.. OK? Does that mean I need to drive your car?"

"Yeah. Is that OK?"

"I guess that depends on the car," he said, smirking at me.

I handed him the keys and he stared at them for a second.

"Which one?"

"Press the button," I grinned. My car was my pride and joy.

He pressed the unlock button and the lights flashed on my white Audi TT.

"No effing way."

"Shut up and drive me?"

"Oh my god! I always wanted one of these! This is badass," he said, mostly to himself as he climbed in the drivers side.

I slowly lowered myself into the passenger seat, being very concious of my ribs.

"Uh oh," he said sadly, looking down at the centre console of the car.

"You can't drive a stick shift?" I said, trying not to laugh.

"I can... just haven't for a while. This could be... interesting."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = <33