Status: Fist story:) working hard on it!

Better Things.

two.

Oh god! I duck away and look for Emma. I spot her standing by the fire and hurry over to her. I’m sure I look like I’m about to shit my self because she asks “Alright what the fuck happened?”
She swears a lot when she’s drunk.
“Kyle is here.”
“Shit, has he seen you?”
“ya”
“ Okay, well let’s g…”
She’s interrupted by a drunken Cody slurring “ Emmma, Baybee I browt up a tent fowr me and you to gett freekay in!”
Gross.
“Fuck, Ava I have to go I’ll be beck in ten.”
I laugh, “Ten? That’s all?”
“Oh shut the fuck up!” she says before going to Cody’s tent.
“Ava, you cant run from me forever.” a very familiar voice says from behind me.
Its Kyle and he’s drunk. I haven’t talked to him at all since I brutally dumped him a month ago.
“You know I miss you, right?” he says.
“Kind of thought that since you’ve been leaving me countless voice messages and notes on my door step.”
“Are you trying to be a bitch?”
“ No just want you to leave me alone.”
“How Ava? You were my whole world and you know it.” He grabs my wrist.
“You cheated Kyle. I wasn’t happy. The end” I try to pull away and he tightens his grip on me.
“That was a long time ago. I love you Ava.” Now he has his hands on my shoulders and is pulling me really close to him. Too close.
“Kyle stop!” I scream. Were causing a scene now. He doesn’t listen and forces his lips on to mine. I try and try to push him away but it doesn’t work. Finally something pushes Kyle away and knocks him flat on his ass. Derek.
“You leave her alone or were going to have problems.” Derek threatens Kyle.
Kyle listens and runs to his car. Id be scared of Derek too. He’s probably half a foot taller than Kyle and much more muscular. Derek is an attractive guy.
“You okay?” he asks me.
“Yes, thank you so much!”
“Welcome Ava-Bug”
“Oh god” I say. I hate that nickname.
“Derek!” Emma interrupts. She bear hugs him. “How was Alt School?” She asks. Derek used to hang out with me, Emma, and the rest of our little group of friends. That’s where he picked up my old nickname. That was before Derek had to go to alternative school for skipping too many classes. And before I met Kyle.
“Eh, it was okay” he replies “I’m just glad that I can go back to the public school with everyone else.”
“Oh you’ll be with us again! We need to start hanging out again!” Emma seems enthused.
“ Come on Emma, lets go. Your way too drunk.” I say and start to make my way to the car.
Derek stops me. “Your drunk too. I’m driving you guys.”
The ride home is silent. I spend it thinking about all that’s happened today, the money I brought to get pot still sitting in my pocket, work tomorrow, about the pills I have waiting for me at home, and just about everything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
i love comments:)