When the Sun Comes Up

I'll Be Bored

Two months two fucking months working at Dominoes and today was the first day off Gabe had had; and he didn't have anything planned for the day. Gabe laced up his shoes and picked up his cell he typed a quick message and sent it to all his contacts.

day off want to hang?

He pulled on a fresh t-shirt and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of orange juice. His phone buzzed a few times while he poured juice into the glass and stuck the juice back in the fridge. He took a large gulp, before getting two slices of bread and sticking them in the toaster. He put the rest of the bread away and decided to check his messages.

The first text was from Ryland, off at three

It was only noon so Gabe went on to the next message,

in class

He had forgotten Kaitlin had classes on Fridays, He always thought that if he’d gone to college he would have ensured that he’d have no classes on Friday so every weekend would be a three day weekend. He opened the next message,

Hi sweetie, how’s it going out here? I miss you.

Gabe scratched his chin, He hadn’t realized he’d texted his mom, now he was going to have to call her, and sit through an hour of her telling him he should have stayed back east. He looked at the next message,

Busy sorry, I get my lunch break in an hour. Wanna meet up?

He didn’t feel like waiting that long but figured if he couldn't find anything better he wouldn't mind hanging out with Claudia, so he typed back a quick ‘maybe’ before going back and reading the next text.

it’s my day off too, wanna catch a movie?

He smiled it was Bianca, from work. They didn’t talk much since he was always out delivering the pizza so it might be a good time to get to know his co-worker.

sure what time? He hit send, and then took out the jam for his toast. The toaster popped at the same time his phone buzzed, he picked the phone up first.

I’m at a hair appointment right now but I’ll be out of here in twenty minutes wanna meet up there?

He nodded to himself twenty minutes gave him time to eat his breakfast and maybe clean the place up a bit.

yeah cool, which theater?

He spread the jam on one of the slices of toast and took a bite, his phone buzzed. He sighed and picked it up again.

Edwards. Ttyl

He tucked his phone into his pocket and sat on the counter continuing to eat his toast. He wondered if Bianca though of this as a date; he hoped not she was pretty but she didn’t seem like his type.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =


Gabe waited in front of the movie theater trying to spot the tiny brunette, he was early by a few minutes but was hoping she’d arrive soon.

“Gabe”

He looked around and spotted Alex wearing his ugly maroon polo, The only reason Gabe didn’t try get a job at the movie theater with Alex was because he hated the uniform so much.

“Hey man you on break?”

“Yeah I was just about to text you back,” He said holding up his phone as if to prove his claim.

“It’s fine I’m meeting a friend.”

“Oh that’s cool. Well I’m gonna go get some lunch, I’ll swing by your place when I get off. I think I found us a drummer.”

Gabe smiled his band was finally coming together, He gave Alex a small pat on the back as he walked away, “Alright man see ya then.”

Gabe watched Alex walk to the Quiznos. He then tried to spot a brunette walking in his direction but couldn’t find one.

“Hello Gabe.”

He looked at Bianca and stared for a moment to make sure it was her, The small brunette was now a blonde.

“Hey. . .Bianca, you look beautiful.”

She smiled, “thanks, I just got my hair done.”

He nodded, “yeah you look great as a blonde”

Bianca blushed, “thanks, umm . . . so what movie do you want to watch?”

Gabe could not get over how big of a difference a dye job made. The kind of cute girl from work was now this really hot chick that he’d never seen without the uniform on.

“Whichever you want to watch is fine with me,” he gently placed a hand on her back to guide her to the ticket sales area, “so do you want popcorn or some candy?”

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


Gabe stuck his key into the door and turned it.

“So my roommate might be home now and he has a habit of just chilling in his underwear so, fair warning alright”

She giggled, “that’s fine.”

He turned the knob but before pushing the door open he figured he’d give her another warning, “so remember it’s sort of empty in there we’ve only been in California for two months.”

She nodded, “Yes Gabe I know, so are we going in or not”

He smiled and pushed the door open allowing her to go in first; He followed after and realized everyone he knew was in the living room. Everyone looked up at the two of them.

“Hey Gabe who’s your date?” Claudia asked in a singsong voice.

“Uh hey guys, B this is my roommate Ryland, and next to him is my stepsister Claudia,”

She looked around and smiled, “oh hello Claudia, You were right the new hair did get me noticed.”

Claudia squinted a little, “Bianca, I didn’t recognize you. Damn guys look I dyed her hair today.”

“Oh shit you weren’t lying when you said you were good at your job.”

Claudia playfully punched Alex, “you’re such a douche. Oh Bianca this is Alex, and beside him is my best friend Kait”

Bianca gave a small wave, Gabe eyes stayed on Kaitlin if she seemed annoyed at by Bianca’s presence he’d keep her as a friend.

Kaitlin smiled, “Hi it’s nice to meet you, I’m going to go get a beer anyone want one?”

Everyone asked for something, she got up and Alex followed her into the kitchen. Gabe wondered if Kaitlin and Alex were secretly together because Claudia and Kaitlin hung out with him Ryland more often than he did. Whatever if they were he was somewhat okay with that Alex was a good guy, maybe Gabe would ask Bianca out on a real date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shameless Self Promotion!

http://claudiaxcupcake.tumblr.com/post/9228545658

it's a commercial for the story!
too lazy to turn it into an actual link so just copy and paste, and let it fully load before you play.