When the Sun Comes Up

I'll Be Annoyed

"Oh crap," Claudia mumblrd texting away on her phone.

"What?" Kaitlin asked using the remote to pause the movie.

"I haven't gotten dressed yet and he's almost here, will you open the door?"

Gabe watched as Vicky-t and Kaitlin followed Claudia upstairs talking about clothes, He stretched out on the couch, and wondered if this had been intentional or if it really was an accident.

"Be nice Gabriel!" Claudia shouted from upstairs.

Gabe chuckled, did she really think he was going to be a jerk right off the bat? He shook his head and sent his mom a quick, 'I miss you' text. He waited a few more seconds before he got bored and un-paused the movie. The doorbell inturrupted him. He paused it again and got off the couch. He made his way over to the door and put on what he assumed was a friendly smile before opening the door.

"Hi, um is Claudia ready?"

Gabe stared down the short man, there was something about him that looked familiar, "Not yet. Come in."

He walked in and followed Gabe to the living room, "I thought her roommate was a girl."

"Yeah she is, I'm her brother, well actually I'm her step-brother."

"oh you're Gabe. I always assumed you were younger than her."

Gabe wondered what Claudia said about him, he took a seat and motioned for him to do the
same. "No I'm older by a year."

"oh. Hey umm this might sound strange but you look really familiar."

Gabe laughed, "I was just about to say the same about you."

"You weren't in a band called Midtown were you?"

Gabe smiled he didn't even know this guys name yet but he already liked him, "yeah, were you a fan?"

"Yeah man, you don't even know. I like came across you guys on accident and then everytime I was in the area I had to catch one of your shows, you guys were fucking sick."

Gabe smiled and held his hand out, "thanks uh-"

He shook Gabe's hand, "Pete, I'm Pete."

"Nice to meet you. So where are you guys going"

Pete checked his watch, "We're supposed to be at the airport soon, we're picking up the band and taking them to lunch."

"Band? you're in a band?" Gabe nodded slightly impressed, "what band?"

"Yeah, I'm in Fall Out Boy, but we're-"

"oh!" Gabe exclaimed finally realizing where he had seen Pete before. He made antlers with
his hands "right right, that's where I've seen you, the deer boy video."

Pete chuckled, "yeah that's us."

"So you're picking up your band?"

"no umm I'm signing this band from Vegas and well we're picking them up and taking them out to lunch."

"Signing them? wait so you have your own label?"

Pete nodded, "yeah it's, well actually it's an imprint of a different label, but yeah."

Gabe smiled, oportunity was knocking, "you should check out my new band, we're pretty awesome."

"yeah, I'm always looking for new talent. Do you guys have a demo or. . ." Pete said checking his watch again.

"no, not yet, but you can come check us out live? We practice here all the time."

"Seriously Gabe?" Claudia said walking over to Pete and smiling, "hey, sorry I took so long."

"nah it was fine Gabe is an interesting dude, why didn't you tell me he was in Midtown."

She shrugged, "I'm not into the whole name dropping thing. Oh and this is my roommate Kait."

Kaitlin smiled, "hey it's nice to meet you. I'm a huge fan, would you gin my copy of Take This to Your Grave later?"

He chuckled, "yeah of course, if you give it to me now, I'll get the rest of the guys to sing it for you."

"That'd be great I'll be right back."

Vicky-t shook his hand, "I'm Victoria, everyone calls me Vicky-t. . . so yeah you can call me that too. Nice to officially meet you."

He smiled, "yeah sorry I never introduced myself at the salon, but you always had a client and yeah..."

"It's fine."

Pete continued to make small talk with Vicky while Gabe Stared at Claudia making strange faces, and making gestures asking is she was bangning him. Claudia Blushed and tried to pretend she had no idea what he was talking about.

"here it is, thanks a ton," Kait said handing him her CD.

"No problem, it was really nice to meet you guys, we'll have to hang out later, Claud you ready?"

She nodded, "alright I'll see you guys later."

She took his hand and led him away from everyone and out of the house. Once the door was shut The girls sat on the couch and Gabe un-paused the movie.

"he was really nice, I like him," Kaitlin stated.

Gabe shrugged, "you talked to him for five seconds and you already want her to marry him."

"No that's not what she's saying, it's just sometimes you get a vibe off people and well, he's very likeable." Vicky added

Gabe shrugged, "he's too short for her."

Kaitlin rolled her eyes, "and you're too much of a giant for every girl you've ever dated."
He shrugged, he didn't want to have to go into why it was different if a guy was taller. he instead tried to focus on the tv, Vicky nudged him.

"Why are you so annoyed? is it because he's sorta famous or what?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. He seems fine I'm just annoyed at Claud I guess."

Kaitlin laughed, "oh my god I know why you're all anoyed! You're mad she didn't tell you she knew someone in the industry."

Vicky laughed, "really you're that self centered? she probably didn't tell you so you wouldn't scare him off talking about your band."

Gabe shrugged, having the two of them around was starting to annoy him all they did was talk about. . .well everything and all he wanted to do was watch a movie. He stood up, "I'm going home."

"No Gabe don't go I promise we'll stop talking about you! Pleas we'll be so bored without you!" Vicky exclaimed.

Kaitlin shrugged, "alright see ya."

He shook his head Kaitlin still confused him, he felt that they were really good friends now and yet she still tended to act indifferent. Or maybe she knew that they couldn't make him stay and she was fine with that? Gabe shrugged it off, "I'll see you guys later."
♠ ♠ ♠
fillerish again, but hey Pete needed to be introduced somehow.