‹ Prequel: Vipers and Lions
Status: I'll update every now and then, the more comments, the more I'll update.

This Time Don't Let Me Walk Away

Embracing The Future

No way. She. . . “You’re supposed to be dead.”

She smiled tentatively. “I was. But I came back.”

I stood abruptly. “Come here.” She walked slowly towards me. I stared at her for a while. “Do I have something in my teeth?” she reached up to check and I brushed her hand away. “No. No you look fine. You’re really. . .” I trailed off. “Here?” she offered. “Yeah. . . You’re here, and alive. . . standing here before me.” She smiled. “But I’m here now.” On that last word she went to hug me, but instead walked through me.

Panting, I sat up. “What happened?” I said to myself. I rubbed my forehead. Peeking through my hand, I saw beautiful electric blue eyes glinting in the darkness. “Alx?” I called unsure. The eyes widened. “Sirius,” a voice softly called. “I thought you were dead,” I said still in disbelief.

“No. No.” she whispered. “I’m right here.” Pulling her close, I hugged her tight. “I missed you. I really thought you were. . . “ I choked out the words. “Gone,” She smiled and nuzzled her face into my chest. “I’m not, see?” she poked my arm. I grinned slightly, then it really widened. I grabbed her and tossed her into the air. “Sirius, if you wouldn’t mind, I would really appreciate standing on my own two feet, a much more preferable choice than dangling above the floorboards.” She commented dryly. I, being transfixed by her beauty and distracted by the ray of emotions I felt, barely heard her. Then what she said registered. “Oh,” I frowned. “Sorry love.” Once I had set her down on her own two feet like she requested, she stared at me, before running at me and forcing my back to be pressed up against the mattress, and hugged me. I returned the embrace tightly.

I smelt her hair as I spoke. “I missed you. You . . . had me scared, so worried, I-I didn’t know what to do. H-how are you still even alive? I mean I saw the monitor, you can’t lie and say that you came back from the dead.” She smiled softly at me. “I love you Sirius, I truly do.” I was shocked. Me being a bloody idiot laid there with my mouth wide open, like a fish trying to breathe air instead of water, while the girl of my dreams slowly became horrified. I thought it couldn’t get worse until I attempted to speak. “What? No that’s impossible.” She looked at me shocked. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing.”No, no! That came out wrong!” I was a bloody mess, I couldn’t speak or think, so I did the only thing that my brain considered logical. I kissed her.
Her eyes were wide with surprise, but slowly melted into that of pleasure. And slowly, ever so slowly, almost as fast as a snail, she kissed me back. Suddenly I shoved her off of me and sat on the floor, looking up at her. I stared at her for a minute before retrieving a box from under my bed. I handed it to her and sat in silence as I waited for her reaction. I heard the click as the box popped open and tiny little gasp of surprise and I knew then that it was my queue. I stood up, staring her in the eyes and asked her the most dangerous question that a man could ever ask.

“Will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. Its short, but at least I updated. Sorry it took so li=ong, I didn't mean to disappear for half a century. And today something really painful happened to me. I was kinda swaying to the beat of Sail by AWOLNATION and as i went to grab my converse, one of the myscles in my leg popped out and it stayed like that for at least ten seconds before I finally felt a break in the pain I felt and could pop it back in. It was the worst pain I have felt in my life, including falling 9 ft and landing on my arm, on a wooden deck. Resulting in a sprained arm, and and uncomfortable foot. Yeah.

Anyway, its going to take a week to heal. A WEEK! And I have to limp! I hate limping. Okay well this is an update to prove that I am in fact not dead. Sorry haters. :] I will try and update soon.