Status: Chapter One-Fourteen are being currently written/uploaded.

Our Promise

Chapter Ten

Vince stops the golf cart abruptly, and yanks the keys out of them. I follow his pattern and climb out of the cart. Vince grabs my hand and helps me step onto the cement below, and I smile at him. "You enjoy the tour?" He asks, leaning on the cart.

I bite my lip and nod my head. "It was entertaining. Los Angeles may not be as bad as I thought, but I wish I were still back in my hometown." I say, not sugarcoating the fact that Los Angeles will never compare to London.

"Why did you move here?"

Sighing, I cross my arms across my chest and put all my weight on my right leg. "My dad got a job offer and he forced me to come over. I was in a Boarding School in London, and my brother was in a regular school over there. I had to leave my bestfriend and boyfriend." When I say the last word, Vince's face drops a little.

"Boyfriend?"

I stare at the ground, twisting my lips to the side, not knowing what to say. "Yea." I mumble.

Vince nods his head. "Cool, anyways...uh-are you hungry?"

"Sort of. I don't know any place that is here in L.A., so I don't know what the food is like." I say, glancing over at Lewis who is just looking over at Vince and my conversation. I roll my eyes at him because of him being so nosey.

"I know a place if you are interested in eating. I mean...if you want, too?" He says, staring in my eyes. Right as he says that, my phone buzzes and Ty's face comes up on the screen. I hold up a one minute finger towards Vince, and spin around on my heels and walk towards a fountain that is in the center of where we are.

"Hey, babe!" I chip.

"Selena." Ty says, his voice ringing in my ears. "What're you doing, Lena?"

"On a tour. I mean, of L.A."

"Nice! How is it? Do you like it?"

I giggle at Ty's questioning, and bite my lip missing having his arms around me. "It is okay, but it doesn't feel the same. It seems more...I don't know...different." I say quietly. I brush a loose piece of my hair from my face and sit down on the edge of the fountain.

Ty chuckles, "Different? Of course, it's in two different places, my love!" He exclaims. "What time is it there?"

I rip my phone from my face to glance that the time. "Noon." There is an eight hour difference between London and California.

"Well, it is 8 o'clock here."

"Oh. Well,..." I look over at Vince who is having a little conversation with Lewis, who has his eyebrow raised in curiosity of what Vince is telling him. "I must go! I am hungry and I don't want Lewis throwing a bitch fit." Ty and I laugh in unison at my joke, and then we say our I love you's and goodbyes before hanging up the telephone.

I slip back over to the guys, who are in the middle of a conversation about American Football. "You should really tryout though. We need a quarterback." Vince says, tossing the keys of the cart in his hands back and forth. He looks over at me. "Shouldn't your bro tryout?"

"I-I don't know." I stutter. When had Vince and Lewis become such good friends? I look over at Lewis who has a cocky grin on his face, and I roll my eyes. "Can we go and eat, I am starved?"

Vince nods his head, "You coming?" He raises his eyebrow towards Lewis.

"Nah. You guys go ahead, I am going to set back for the house." He glances over at me with a warning look in his eye saying, 'Don't do anything stupid' and then starts on his way towards our new house. I return my gaze towards Vince and motion for him to lead the way.

"Sure then, Miss Jones." He says, looping his arm through mines as he leads the way towards wherever we are going.

Within 5 minutes, we are being seated outside of a tiny cafe called. A shade is placed over each table, colored Red and White, along with menus on each table and a glass turned upside down. Vince pulls out my chair and I sit down, thank him and wait for him to sit himself. I grab the menu which is placed in front of me and begin scanning it.

"I love the food here. It is delicious."

I peek over the menu at Vince who is biting his lip, scanning over the food choices. After a second, he sets the menu down and glances up at me. I return my gaze to the menu, embarrassed that he caught me staring at him. "I think I will have the Mozzarella Cheese Sticks and Spaghetti." I say, folding my menu and setting it back down in front of me.

Vince chuckles at me. "Okay. I'm having a Cheeseburger and the Seasoned Fries." He begins to fiddle with his fingers and I remember my habit of biting my nails and I bring my thumb to my mouth and I begin to chew at my nail. "You bite your nails?"

Becoming self conscious, I stop chewing on my nail and bite my lip instead. "Yea...it's a bad habit of mines. My boyfriend was trying to help me quit, but..." I shrug my shoulders.

"So...what did you and your boyfriend decide? I mean...with this long distance relationship. If you don't mind me asking." Vince says, staring directly at me, awaiting an honest answer. I begin tapping my nails on the table, trying not to begin biting my nails again, out of being nervous this time.

"We decided that we wouldn't fall in love with anybody else and that I would move back to London as soon as I turned eighteen." I say, looking around the patio. The other tables are vacant except for one at the end of the patio, which hosts an older lady who is engrossed in her book. I brush a piece of loose hair out of my face.

"Oh. When do you turn eighteen?"

I sigh, "In two more years. Along time away."

"Not that long." Vince mumbles, a smiling lingering on his mouth.

I scrunch up my eyebrows, confused, but don't say anything about his facial expressions. If anything, the fact that I couldn't see my boyfriend is devastating and not something to smile about. Thankfully the waitress walks up with her notepad, saving us from a weird tension. We both repeat our order to her, before having our glasses filled up with water.

"So...Selena, tell me more about yourself."

Glancing around the patio once more, I focus my eyes on Vince and smile. "Well, I am from London. My name is Selena Toni Jones. I have an older, stupid brother named Lewis and I live with my widowed father. My mom died right after I left for Boarding School. My bestfriend, Lia and boyfriend Ty, still live in London and I miss them so much. I am now being forced to live somewhere I wish I didn't, but I did meet a nice guy who showed me around and treated me to dinner." I say, crossing my arms and placing them on the table.

Vince follows my gesture and grins at me,"Now...who is this guy?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I giggle. "I don't know. He has pretty, soft, tanned skin. Dirty blonde hair, beautiful hazel eyes, and has a lot of style. He also has a nice set of pearly whites." I say, raising my eyebrows. "Does that ring a bell?"

"Yes, that sounds just like me." He says, grinning.

"Maybe. I think so." I say, smiling back at him, grabbing the glass of water and taking a sip from it. The cool beverage runs down my throat and I finish the rest of the water in a few gulps. "Now, tell me about yourself."
♠ ♠ ♠
I HOPE YOU LIKE IT ♥ This is one of my favorite chapters to write(: