Status: Chapter One-Fourteen are being currently written/uploaded.

Our Promise

Chapter Eleven

Around three o'clock, I wave goodbye to Vince, who walked me home, and slide through the front door. I look around the house once more, and my dad has finally decorated. Tons of pictures are placed on the wall, and a flower pot is near the door. A telephone is on the wall next to a list of numbers. My dad has an obsession of putting numbers near the main phone in case we ever needed to call someone in an emergency.

I bite my lip as I try and remember my way to the kitchen. Walking to the left, I bump into Lewis, who has a bowl of popcorn and a can of pop in his hands. A TV is playing in the background and couches are against the wall, so I guess this isn't the kitchen. "Sorry." I say, stepping back. I notice a huge butter stain on the front of my shirt and I sigh. "Dammit."

"Be careful next time, brat." He grins, before walking past me. I follow him, guessing he is going to the kitchen. Stepping into the kitchen, I grab a paper towel and soak it and begin dabbing it on the butter stain. "How was your date?" Lewis asks, sarcastically.

"It was not a date, Lewis!"

"Oh, so what was it?"

"Just two new friends going out to eat." I say, tossing the damp paper-towel in the nearby trashcan, giving up on getting the butter stain out. "I'm surprised you aint try and beat the crap out of him." I say, leaning on the counter. "Where is father?"

"Still out...and-" Lewis dumps the dirty dishes into the sink and spins back around to face me, "did you forget a tiny box in your jacket?" He asks, raising his eyebrow at me.

A tiny box? I race my mind trying to remember a tiny box. Oh My Gosh! "The one Ty gave me! Oh, I forgot about that." I toss my head back, slapping my hand in my face. How did I forget about opening that? Ty had asked me to open it as soon as I got here, and I forgot about it. "Where is it...and how do you know about it?"

"Dad asked me to start washing clothes, so I was going through your stuff and I found it. It is on your bed."

I make a dash for the stairs, rushing to my bedroom. Swinging the door open, I spot the tiny box on my bed, glistening under the sun that shines through the open blinds. Dammit! How could I be so forgetful? It was in my pocket the entire time. I grab the box and plop down on my bed. Carefully untying the ribbon, I slide it off and then begin to lift the top. My mouth drops open at the diamond encrusted bracelet staring at me. "Oh my..." I lift the bracelet and smile.

Taking my time, I begin to wrap it around my wrist. Snapping it shut, I grab my cellphone and dial Ty's number. When he doesn't answer, I sigh, but decide to leave a voicemail. "Hey baby. Uh...I'm sorry, but I had forgot about the gift that you gave me, but I have it now! My mind was full, but I still don't know how I forgot..." I ramble on, "I am wearing the bracelet now. It is beautiful, and I love you for giving me this. Anyways, call me back, babe." I end the voicemail and then toss my phone on the bed.

I begin to examine the bracelet even more, and I notice my initials in tiny charms on the bracelet. It is beautiful, and I can't believe Ty actually gave me this. Then again, I can because he is so sweet.
♠ ♠ ♠
♥ Comment. Let Me Know(: