Status: Chapter One-Fourteen are being currently written/uploaded.

Our Promise

Chapter Thirteen

I slide my key in the keyhole and twist it. The lock pops and I kick the door in and it flies open. The smell of homemade food wafts out into the air and I grin. I haven't had a homemade meal ever since my mom died and I was shipped off to Boarding School. Mary trails me as I walk into the house and into the livingroom. Setting the bags on the floor, I glance over at her as she examines the decor and furnishing of our home.

"This is nice." She says, a grin on her face.

I nod my head, agreeing with her casually. Expecting for her to follow me, I head towards the kitchen (which I finally learned my way to) and I spot a lady stirring something on the stove. My dad is sitting on the stool, leaning on the island counter. I scrunch up my eyebrows, "Who is she?" I ask, crossing my arms staring at the woman.

My dad grins at me, "This is Ms. Quinn." He says, introducing me to Ms. Quinn. I roll my eyes and my dad stabs me with Be Nice look and I sigh. "Ms. Quinn, this is my daughter, Selena and-" He trails off when he sees Mary behind me, grinning from ear to ear. I don't understand how she can always be see cheerful. Ms. Quinn turns around and nods at Mary and I. She has chubby cheeks, but beautiful, big green eyes and full, red lips. Her hair is in a bun with a some gray mixed with the brunette color of her hair.

"Mary." She walks over to my dad and extends her perfectly manicured hand. "How're you Mr.-" She pauses for a moment to look over at me.

"Jones." I mumble.

"Mr. Jones." Mary says. My dad shakes her hand before glancing over at me. "I gave Selena a ride since she didn't have one. We met at Valentino. A shoe store." She says.

My dad looks over at me. "Did you get a lot of uniform items?"

I nod my head. "Yea."

"Mary, how is Los Angeles Highschool?"

Mary shakes her head, laughing softly, "I don't attend LAHS. I got to Beverly Hills Highschool, my home is out there." She says, pointing the the BHHS bracelet she has on her right wrist. "But, LAHS seems like a great school." She says, glancing over at me.

"I'm going upstairs." I say, tired of standing here listening to my dad do twenty questions with Mary. "Dad...let Mary go." I mumble and he cuts his eyes over at me before saying his goodbye to Mary, and Mary begins to walk after me quickly. I head back to the livingroom, grabbing as many bags as I can manage to carry. "Help me out?" I ask, looking up at Mary.

She nods her head, bends down and grabs the remaining bags. We both head up to my room and I drop my bags on the floor as soon as I get to my bed. Collapsing on my bed, I sigh. I haven't did this much shopping since I was thirteen. Mary begins looking at my pictures that are hanging on the wall and then she stops when she sees a picture of me and Ty, hugging at a carnival in London. "Is this your brother?" She asks, looking over at me.

I burst out laughing when she says that. Mary scrunches up her eyebrows in confusion. "No! That is my boyfriend, Ty. From London." I say, looking over at the picture.

"He is a cutie."

I nod my head in agreement. "Well,...I don't think Lewis is here, now." I say, pulling my legs up to my chest. Mary shrugs her shoulders and comes and sit down next to me. She grabs my laptop from off the nightstand and pull it onto her lap. She presses the ON button and the laptop begins to boot up.

"I don't care. I can always wait...besides, I'm not just here to meet him. You seem cool to hang out with." She says, smiling over at me. She hands me my laptop when the password screen comes up. I type it in quickly and pretend that I forgot it when a chat screen from Ty pops up.

Hey, Lena! I miss you, what's up?

I smile at the screen and immediately respond:

Hey, Ty! I miss you wayyyyy more. Nothing, hanging out with Mary. (A new friend).

Oh, you're replacing Lia & Me. :(

NEVER! ;) I love both of you guys and could never.

Mary leans over and peeks at the screen. She grins when she sees Ty's name. "Talking to your boyfriend, eh?" She says, leaning up and staring up at the screen. "Describe him."

I look up at Mary and twist up my lips. "Describe him?"

"Yea. Tell me about him."

I tap on my laptop keyboard, thinking about Ty. Describe him. "Okay. He is cute, smart, and is very sweet." I lift my wrist and shove it in her face. "He bought me this bracelet." Mary grabs my wrist and examines the bracelet. "And he has beautiful eyes, a perfect smile and he loves football, soccer in London."

"He sounds like a perfect boyfriend." Mary says, sitting up and pulling her hair over her shoulder. "I wish I could meet somebody like that...my last relationship ended like shit. He was so rude and mean to me." She rolls her eyes at the remembrance of her ex.

I peer over at Mary who is still rambling on about her ex. Happy that Ty is not like the guy she is describing, I return back to the conversation I am having with him.

Are you wearing the bracelet I gave you? (That you forgot about :( )

Sorry! I didn't mean to FORGET about it Ty! And yes I am wearing it ;) I loveeee it! ♥

Great. :) Well, get back to Mary & don't forget me. Love you, babe. Bye.

Next thing you know, Ty has clicked off of chat. I exit out of the chat box and return my gaze to Mary. She is looking at me as if she is awaiting an answer. I stare at her, confused. "What?"

"Did you not hear me?" She asks, leaning down and pulling off her shoes.

"No."

"I said you should consider coming to Beverly Hills Highschool. We could be bestfriends and you could join the Cheer Squad!" She says pumping her fist in the air. I shake my head. I refuse to ever become a cheerleader. They are toooooooo preppy and happy all of the time. I could not be like that.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. I'm not that much of a prep-" Cutting me off from my sentence, Mary grabs me and forces me off my bed. She forces my hands into a position on my hips and I frown. I take my hands from my hips, and Mary scowls at me and replaces my hands.

"C'mon! You can be a total hottie if you just give it a try."

"So I'm not hot?" I mumble, raising an eyebrow.

"You know what I mean!" She giggles, clapping her hands. She then repeats a cheer and a ton of moves that I am sure I would never and couldn't make in a lifetime. Mary then looks at me expecting me to repeat it. "Selena! You can do it!" She says, repeating the entire cheer and movements.

I sigh, knowing she won't quit until I repeat the stupid cheer. After a few more minutes of her repeating the cheer, I do the movements exactly how she did it and mimic the cheer. Mary's face breaks out in a smile and she jumps up and down. I stare at her as if she is the slowest person in earth, but am forced to jump along with her when she grabs my arms and continues to jump.

"So, you're going to try out for the team at LAHS?"

"No!" I say, clapping my hands together and falling back on my bed all at once. Mary frowns at me and bends down to pull me off my bed once more. I shake my head. "It's not for me! It is too...much!" I exclaim, crossing my arms pulling my lips into a straight line.

Mary sighs. "No! You are a preppy girl! You just are to shy to show it." She says, reaching over and touching my hair. "And you are beautiful and have the perfect body to be a cheerleader." She exclaims, pointing at me.

I roll my eyes. "No! Mary, I will never become a cheerleader. Please let me be." I whine, tilting my head back up to the ceiling.

"NO! Now follow me." She says, kicking her leg up into the air and throwing her opposite hand in the air. She motions for me to try it and I shake my head. "Please." She lets her leg down and bends down and grabs mine. I nearly fall flat on my face when she pulls it up in the air and my opposite hand in the air. "You're flexible!" She exclaims, letting go of my leg and arm and then mimics me kicking her leg up in the air.

Right as I begin mimicking her cheer and movements, I hear a loud laugh from my bedroom door. Lewis is standing there with Vince by his side staring at me with a grin on his face. I instantly quit doing the cheer and stomp over to him. "Get out!" I yell, nearly slamming the door in his face.

Mary stops doing the cheer and saunters over to me with a grin on her face. She leans on my shoulder, "Introduce me." She whispers, staring at Lewis. Vince looks at me with a grin in his face and I roll my eyes. Boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aha - yes ♥ This was a FUN chapter. And, the characters are just someone I visioned. I really don't have pictures, but just a vision of what they look like in my head. (: