Status: Chapter One-Fourteen are being currently written/uploaded.

Our Promise

Chapter Sixteen

Mary's friends are just like her. They are all loud, preppy and hyper. Penny is tall, has brunette hair with pink streaks, and she has brown eyes. She has three piercings in each ear and a belly piercing. She is wearing a tight miniskirt and a cut-off shirt along with some black suede boots.

Erica has black roots, but she died her hair sky blue with white highlights. It's kind of cute, but I would prefer my natural hair. She has a green eyes, one piercing in each ear along with a nose piercing. Dimples show in her cheeks even when she doesn't smile, so when she does, they are super deep. Erica is wearing tan shorts and a pink corset that ties up in the back along with pink Vans.

"Tell me why Caleb tried to get back with me yesterday." Penny says, with her lips pursed up as she leans against Mary's car. We had stopped to pick them each up, both of them being super excited when they saw me. I have no idea why. It's creepy.

"Your fucking with us, right?" Erica mutters.

"No! He said he doesn't like Lexi anymore, and she was just a jump."

Her eyes bug out as she stares at Erica. Mary smacks her lips and sigh, clearly becoming annoyed, "Listen. Don't go back to the asshole. Simple. He broke up with you over her and you spent months crying over him to me and Erica. If you go back out with him, I'll kick your ass." Mary's face is dead serious when she says this, but them breaks out into a sarcastic grin.

"You're right...I guess." Penny, bites her lip, thinking about whoever this Caleb guy is. "What do you think, Selena?" She asks.

I am sitting on the hood of the car, with my legs pulled up to my chest. I have just been sitting here, listening to the three of them rave on about the guys that they dated, have a crush on or fucked. "Uh, I don't know. He sounds like a dick, so don't go back to him." I shrug my shoulders.

"I guess." She says again, before turning around and grinning heavily towards me, "Now. We have been talking about our dudes for awhile, time for you to spill." She brushes a piece of her hair out of her face. Erica and Mary faces me, although Mary pretty much knows all there is to tell. "How long have you and...what's his name?"

"Ty." Mary fills in.

"Been going out? When did you guys kiss, fuck, or-"

I burst out in laughter at Penny. "I think this is personal information." I say, scrunching up my eyebrows trying not to laugh anymore.

"No! You have to tell. We tell everything to each other." Erica says, gripping my arm, "You're one of us now, so it's all good." She says, flashing me one of her award winning smiles. I bite my lip.

This IS personal information. Why are they so worried about it?

"Fine." I give in, spinning around to face them all. "We've been dating since I was 11, and we had our first kiss at Abuela's Kitchen, uh...,and we lost our virginity's together on his dad's boat." I mutter.

All of them squeal out as if they are super surprised. "You had sex. I see you're not all goody-two-shoes, now." Erica says, her eyes filled with laughter. "Welcome to the club." She says, holding her hand up for a high-five. I stare at her as if she is slow. I am not giving a high-five for having sex. "C'mon, Sel! You have, too." She says, grabbing my hand.

"No. That is stupid."

"You are so difficult." Erica says, lowering her hand and dropping mines. She draws her lips in as she glances behind me. "Look who's coming." She mutters.

We all turn around to see a guy walking towards us. He has brunette hair and very tanned skin and from what I can see, blue eyes. He looks like he is mad by the way his lip is drawed up.

"Shit. C'mon." Mary instantly slides into the drivers seat and presses the key into the ignition. The rest of us climb in, but not before the guy can grab Penny's arm. She shrieks out as she tries to snatch her arm away. "Let her go." Mary hisses.

"Or else?" He taunts, smirking.

"Let me the fuck go!" Penny yells, punching him in his chest. He just glances at her, but doesn't make a move to let her arm go. "Caleb, please let go of me." She says, her voice instantly softening.

He grins. "Ask me once more."

She glares up at him and pulls her lips into a frown. Mary sighs heavily before climbing out of the car and standing in his face. "I said let her the fuck go! Why are you even here?" She spits, staring at him.

"That's Caleb." Erica whispers to me, and I stare at her blankly. No doubt, genius, I think, nodding my head.

"I don't give a damn what you said, Mary." He uses his free hand to shove her back and she falls back against the car. "Don't." He says, raising his eyebrow towards Mary and she has the look of death in her eyes.

"Fuck you." She hisses.

Penny tries to pull her arm away again, but to no avail. "What do you want?" She asks, turning to face Caleb.

"Can you come with me? I just want to talk."

"Let go of me." She says, staring at him with no emotion. "Then I'll think about it." Caleb hesitantly lets go of Penny's arm and she instantly pulls it to her side. She glances back at us and shrugs. "I'll see you guys later. C'mon." She says, towards Caleb.

"There's my babe." He grins, slinging his arm around her shoulder. They begin to walk towards the direction he came from and I glance over at Mary. She has a worried expression on her face and Erica has the same on hers.

"What?" I ask as Mary pulls off. They don't say anything, but exchange silent looks. I tilt my head back. That is a pet peeve. Being left out of silent conversations. "Tell me!" I exclaim and Erica swirls her head to look back at me.

She bites her lip, "Caleb is a little off." I scrunch up my eyebrows, thinking this was a joke. "I am serious. He has anger issues and that's how come they kind of broke up before. He is dangerous and Penny may be in danger." She murmurs.

My lips form a silent 'O'. This is shit, I think, glancing out at the passing scenery. "Should we call the police or something?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"No. They won't do anything for 24-hours." Mary says, finally talking. She turns down the street and I can tell we are heading towards my school. "We have to talk to Vince. He usually can get that fool to calm down."

"Why did you guys let her go with him then, if he is dangerous!?" I exclaim, suddenly horrified.

"He has ANGER ISSUES, Selena. He would have spazzed out and then all of us would have been in danger. Penny can somewhat calm him down, but he eventually tunes her out and then there's shit that can't be fixed." She says, glancing at me through the mirror. She snatches her keys from the ignition and hops out. Erica is behind her and I follow.

We start on our trek towards the football field. A lot of guys are dressed in sweats and shirts are practicing for Football Tryouts. I spot my brother in the middle of the field, yelling something out and then Vince is sprinting towards him.

Ignoring the fact that the game was starting, Mary begins on her spring towards Vince. Erica grabs my wrist and pulls me along with her to catch up with Mary. "Vince!" Mary yells, making him turn his head towards us.

He scrunches up his eyebrows before looking in front of him. He holds his hand out and yells time before coming over towards us. "What the hell? We in the middle of a game." He says, wiping sweat from his face. "Hey, Lena." He says, smiling at me.

"Fuck you, too." Erica says, crossing her arms.

He squishes his lips together and rolls his eyes at Erica. "Why're you girls here?"

"Caleb made Penny go with him. He got mad and then she talked to him and he calmed down, but you know he's a psycho." Mary spits out all at once.

"Wait...what?"

I sigh, "She said Caleb made Penny go with him. He had got mad because she wouldn't at first, but then she talked to him and he calmed down, but you know he is psycho." I say, crossing my arms.

Lewis jogs over with sweat pouring down his head. He has a grin on his face as he wraps his arm around Mary. She stiffens and shakes her head. "No! Sweat. Off me!" She exclaims, peeling Lewis' arm from around her. "You need a bath." She mutters, smiling.

"You should help me then."

My eyes widen at Lewis and I fake throwing up. "Keep it G-Rated. You two are a mess and disgusting." I say, rubbing my temples. That is truly disgusting shit, thinking about your brother and Mary. Ew! Fuck. Ew. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I stare at Lewis mad that he said that, but am grateful when Vince begins talking. I refocus my attention on him.

"Damn. Where they go?"

"You think we know?" Erica asks.

"Well, you know where each other are almost 24-7, so kind of." He smirks. "Let me give him a call." He jogs away towards the bleaches. I glance over at Mary and Lewis and they are talking quietly, so I turn towards Erica.

"This is shit. Why is he so obsessed over her?"

Erica shrugs her shoulders. "Nobody knows. Like we are saying, he is a psycho idiot." She mutters, biting her lip with worry in her eyes. Her eyes brighten once more as she begin to grin again. "While we are waiting for Vince, finish tell me about you and Ty."

"Yea. Tell us about him." Lewis says, leaning on Erica's shoulder. I glare at him.

"Shut up, Lewis. Do me a favor and leave."

"Why so hostile? I just asked for you to finish your story."

Erica turns toward him, "Well, she was telling us about her-" I immediately reach out and plant my hand over her mouth and she looks over at me, clearly confused. "What?" She spits out, pulling my hand from her mouth.

"That is personal! None of Lewis' business."

She nods her head, "Course. Sorry."

"She is a little slow on things." Mary says, pulling Erica to her side. "She has a big ass mouth, so something will slip." I sigh, not wanting her to tell anything to Lewis. Then he will be all up my ass about Ty and I will end up hating him.

Vince jogs back over to us and holds his phone in his hand. "He told me they just talking and everything is okay. She said she fine, and she sounded okay." He says, arching his eyebrow.

"You believed him?" Mary exclaims.

"Well, she sounded fine! So why jump to conclusions?" He says. "Now, c'mon Lewis. Hut!" He yells, turning around and jogging back to center field. I lean on my left leg and stare at Mary. She has her lips twisted up.

"That is weird! I mean...you know him." She motions at Erica who nods her head in agreement. "I think-"

I grab Mary's shoulder, "Calm down. Everything is okay. She sounded fine, Vince says. So, if we don't hear back from her by tomorrow, then we can jump to conclusions." I say.

Mary closes her eyes, becoming irritated. "Fine! But if she ends up dead, it's on your head." She points towards me and I smack my lips.

"Dead? Way to the extreme!" I sigh.

"Whatever. Well...you girls want to catch the Degrassi Marathon and popcorn haven?" She asks grinning, dangling her car keys in the air.

"Course!" Erica and I say in unison.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed! More to come (: