Status: Chapter One-Fourteen are being currently written/uploaded.

Our Promise

Chapter Three

I trample into my bedroom, which I haven't seen in so long. It looks just the same as it was when I was kicked out and put into boarding school. When I was younger, I used to be a badass child! I used to sneak out all the time, have unauthorized parties, got caught messing around about twice, and used to disrespect my parents pretty much everyday.

My room is a bright tone of hot pink with the ceiling panted light blue with stickers of clouds press on. My laptop, which I wasn't permitted to take to Boarding School, is sitting on my pale desk, with the light blinking on the side of it. I walk up to it and tap on the mouse and wait for the screen to load up. The screen lights up and Safari is up with facebook on the screen. Lewis' page is up and a chat is lingering on the side with his girlfriend, Natalie.

Being my nosey self, I pull the screen up even more and scan down the chat. I stop at a particular line. I'm moving.

That line stands out and I immediately begin to panic. Moving!? We can't be moving! I hurry and exit out of the chat screen, log out of Lewis' account and then log into mines. I have 245 notifications. I guess not logging on since age 12 can really add up your notifications and messages (which I have 45 of).

When I hear the door behind me creak open, I jump and turn around to find Lewis staring at me with half a grin on his face. He is still in his uniform, which consists of Khaki Pants, a light blue polo and white Jordans. His bookbag is hanging halfway off his shoulder and his Sunkist Pop is in his left hand. "Selena." He reaches out and pulls me into a huge bear hug. I raise my eyebrows, feeling weird because I haven't hugged my brother in so long. "Why are you back?"

"Yea...." I brush my hair behind my ear and try to switch topics. "Can I have some?" I ask, pointing towards the Sunkist. Lewis hands me the pop and I open it instantly and gulp down some.

"My question stands unanswered...why are you back?"

I bite my lip, not wanting to let him know that I was expelled. "Just because. I guess good behavior?" I say in a questioning tone, waiting to see if he believed it. He rolls his eyes and pull me into another bear hug.

Letting me go, Lewis grabs his pop back, "Did dad tell you yet?" I raise my eyebrow confused. "I guess not. He'll tell you eventually." Before I can ask what, he turns around and walks out of my bedroom, leaving me to myself. It then hits me that he is talking about the move. The freaking move. A move to where?

Knowing that I won't get an answer by talking to myself, I go over to my closet to examine the clothing choices I have. The only clothes that remain in the closet are a few pink ruffle dresses and tiny tank tops that I no longer can fit. Deciding to just choose something from what I took to the Boarding School (and bought), I tug at my luggage before tossing it atop my bed and unzipping it. It takes me no longer than a minute to decide on some gray jogging pants and a red Hollister Co. Jacket along with red and white socks.

**

I pull my knees up to my chest as I wait for my dad to walk through the door with the pizza he went to go get. The TV is flipped onto Pretty Little Liars and the volume is all the way up, so that I can block out Lewis and his conversation on the phone with Natalie. My eyes are fixed on Aria as she waits for Ezra in his apartment. She has been waiting far too long in my opinion, I would've been left.

The TV volume gets lowered, and I look up to find Lewis with the remote in his hand. He is looking at me with annoyance in his eyes as he points to his cell phone. "Go upstairs." I say, standing up, walking towards the TV, and pressing the UP button for the volume. Returning to my place on the couch, I once again try and ignore Lewis. The TV now gets flipped off, and I glare up at Lewis who points to his phone again.

"Quit, Lewis!"

I get up and begin chasing him around the livingroom to try and get the remote from him. He holds it up in the air, knowing that I am not tall enough to reach it. I jump up and grip his arm, trying to pull it down so that I can grab the remote. Lewis grins at me before grabbing my waist and pinning me against the wall. I struggle to try and get away from him, but end up giving up until the front door handle begins to wiggle.

"Ha! Father's here! Now let go of me Lewis!" I yell. The door flies open and my dad steps through with two large pizzas in his arms. "Father! Tell Lewis to let go of me!" I whine, when Lewis still keeps me pinned to the wall.

"Lewis, let go of Selena and get off the phone. Both of you guys go and wash your hands and come eat." He shuts the door behind him and shuffles into the kitchen.

It takes Lewis a minute to remove his grip from me and hang up the phone. I sock him in his chest roughly. "You're such a dick Lewis!" I laugh, before walking into the bathroom on the other side of the kitchen and washing my hands. The smell of the pizza wafts into the air, and my stomach growls in response. My father already has three slices on his plate. One Pepperoni, and two Veggie.

I grab my plate from off the counter and place one Veggie and one Pepperoni on my plate. The smell of it makes my stomach growl even more.

"Thanks father." I mumble before I stuff the Pepperoni slice in my mouth. I pull the cheese from the pizza and stuff it in my mouth. Lewis grins at me as he slaps my head walking past. He grabs his plate and places three Pepperoni slices on his plate. He can't stand Veggie Pizza although my dad and I are in love with it. "You should try Veggie Pizza. It's yummy!" I grab a piece of the veggie from off my pizza and toss it at him. It lands on his cheek and he wipes it away.

"Selena, quit! That shit is gross."

My father frowns at Lewis. "Watch your mouth, son." He then peels his crust from the pizza and stuffs it into his mouth. "Anyway, how was school today?" He nods at Lewis, who then looks over at me.

"It was okay. Tomorrow is going to be the worst day."

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"

Lewis looks over at my father, who ignores looking over at me. I roll my eyes becoming irritated. Lewis begins eating his pizza slowly, not wanting to say anything more. He keeps glancing over at my father, who finally devours his last slice. He stands up, but I grab his arm roughly.

"What!? Just tell me. Is this about the move?"

My father nearly chokes, before glaring at Lewis who shrugs his shoulders. "Honey...how did you know about the move?" I look over at Lewis, who looks very confused at the moment, cheese dribbling down his chin.

"I kind of looked through Lewis' chat with Natalie and saw 'I'm moving.', so maybe Lewis shouldn't keep his stuff open."

"I didn't know you were coming home today, so how would I know?" He snaps back.

My father returns to his seat and looks at me. "Okay. Yes, we are moving. I got a very good job offer in Los Angeles, California. Tomorrow will be Lewis' last day at his school, so I was going to pull you from St. Wilma's regardless if you got expelled or not. Sorry to tell you so late babe, but I didn't know how to tell you."

I look at my dad to see if his was serious. To America? "Are you serious!? To America?" I look over at Lewis who is glancing down at his pizza. I push my plate of food back and swivel out of my chair. Standing up, I rush into the living room, grab my iPhone and storm out of my home. Instead of looking at the flowers, and beautiful scenery of my neighborhood that I haven't seen in so long, I dial in Ty's number as I rush down the street towards his house at the end of the block.

Ty picks up in two rings. "Hey, babe. I heard about you being expelled, what happened?"

"Not now Ty. I'm coming by."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter THREE. Hope you likedā™„ Comments...Thoughts? Much Appreciated, xo!