Status: Chapter One-Fourteen are being currently written/uploaded.

Our Promise

Chapter Nine

Yesterday, my dad forced Lewis and I to visit L.A. Highschool. The school isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It is actually nice, and I have a few sports in my mind that I wouldn't mind trying out for. I also have in mind some people who I would instantly hate. The teachers seem nice and the classrooms are decent size.

I reach over and slam the SNOOZE button on my alarm clock, trying to sleep in a little longer. Pulling my covers over my head, I try and get back to sleep, but my dreams are crushed when the door flies open. My dad struts in wearing a business suit with a tie neatly laid out against his chest. "Wake up, Selena." He says, with a smile in his voice.

"No!"

Sighing heavily, my dad walks over to me and yanks back my bedsheets. "Get up, Lena!" He shouts, pulling at my arm. "I will yank you out this bed." He warns, and I glare at him, snatching my arm back.

"You suck, dude." I mumble under my breath.

My dad raises his eyebrows and I flash a fake smile at him. "Meet me and Lewis downstairs in fifteen minutes. Shower, dress and grab breakfast." He then walks out of my room with a slam of my door.

Today is our tour of Los Angeles. Afterwards, my dad is going to let me fix up my bedroom. Instead of the pale, white walls, I plan on painting them Lime Green and then decorating them with pink and white frames with pictures of me, my entire family, Ty, and Lia. I then plan on getting the carpets bleached clean, and then I will have my desk, bookshelf, and other items put into my room, which is now stored in the basement.

Raising up from my bed, I swing me feet onto the carpet and stand up to stretch. Pulling my foot to my butt, I reach up and begin my usual stretch routine. When I was at the Boarding School, Lia used to hate this ritual because I eventually — mistakenly...(not)-hit her and she woke up earlier than she planned.

I then grab some undergarments and a pair of white, torn skinny jeans and a graphic tee from my closet. My shower consisted of me washing my hair, and cleaning my body and then I changed into my clothes. I pulled on my white and red Converses and pull my wet hair into a tight ponytail. I fixed my face up with cherry lipgloss and a little blue eyeshadow along with my JESUS necklace and matching earring set.

Swinging open the bathroom door, I step out into the hallway. I grab my pajamas and toss them into the dirty clothes hamper. I then return to the bathroom and I grab my toothbrush and I begin brushing my teeth. Spitting into the sink, I grab some mouthwash and swish it around my mouth before spitting that out into the sink. Turning on the cold water, I rinse out the sink and then wash my face with Neutrogena.

After I am fully ready, I walk down the steep steps and head into the kitchen. Lewis is sitting at the counter, stuffing his mouth with toast and sausages. My dad is next to the back door, and yapping his mouth on his cellphone. I grab one of the toasted breads on Lewis' plate and bite into it. "Yum!" Lewis looks up at me and rolls his eyes. "You don't need all this bread Lewis."

"Shut up. You like L.A. High?"

I shake my hand, signing for 'okay'. "I really don't like it, but I guess I should get used to it." I say, devouring the rest of the toast. "How about you, bighead?" I ask. Grabbing a glass from the cupboard, I pour the awaiting Orange Juice into it. I sip on the juice and lean back down on the counter.

"It's awesome. I'm going to do Football."

I raise my eyebrows. "Football?" I mumble, sipping the juice once more. In our country, football is soccer.

Lewis chuckles, "Rugby, Lena." He says, grinning back at me.

Once I am done drinking, I replace the Orange Juice into the refrigerator and glance back at Lewis who is now scanning through his cellphone. "I knew that!" I say, sarcastically. "Have you talked to Natalie?"

He looks up at me and he nods his head. "Yea. You talk to that guy?" I frown at him.

"Ty! His name is Ty, Lewis." I say, crossing my arms, "And yes, I talked to him when we first got to the house." I say.

"Whatever, Selena."

My dad walks up to us and leans on the counter next to Lewis. "Ready for the tour? I have to go to the office, so it's just you two today." He eyes both of us, and I roll my eyes. "Stay together and don't be bitching about this." He slaps Lewis' back and then pecks me on the cheek before strutting out of the house and towards his car.

I see he left us a map to the Tour Place, where we would be meeting our guide. "Are we supposed to walk?" I whine, looking over at Lewis who looks just as irritated.

"I guess so, c'mon."

**

The tour doesn't seem that bad of an idea once I see my tour guide. He is around 6'4, muscular, tan and has hazel eyes. His dirty blonde hair is tamed on his head, but falls down around his eyes every now and then. When he smiles, I can't help but blush. His accent makes him even more attractive, since I am used to hearing an English Accent from where I am from. "I am Vince, your tour guide." He extends his hand towards me and I grab it gently.

His skin feels so soft against mines and I blush once again, drawing my hand away. Lewis stares at Vince, not saying a greeting or polite hello. This isn't usually like him, so I decide to question him later. Vince doesn't seem to mind though.

"I am a Sophomore at Los Angeles Highschool, and you are?"

"Oh-I am Selena Jones. We just moved here from London, UK." I say, trying my best not to stutter. "And sophomore?"

Vince chuckles lightly. "That means I am in the 10th grade here in America. Sorry, I was unaware that you guys weren't from here." He says, grinning at me with his pearly whites.

"It's okay. I am a sophomore, too. Lewis is a Junior."

Vince nods his head, glancing over at Lewis who is texting on his phone. "Does he talk?"

Lewis lifts his head and glares at Vince. "Yes, I talk, you moron!" He snaps, then refocuses on texting. I push Lewis' arm and frown at him, but he just ignores me and finishes what he is doing.

"Please, excuse him. He is irritable." I mumble.

Shaking my comment off, Vince turns around on his heels and motions us to follow him. I tap Lewis on his arm and he looks up. We both start our trek of following Vince, who now leads us to a Golf Cart. "Hop in." He says, when he notices us standing towards the side.

I try and grab the seat next to him, but Lewis notices and pushes me into the back. "Nope. I know what you're doing Selena, so quit. Remember about your stupid boyfriend in London." He whispers, staring at me. I roll my eyes and cross my arms, frustrated. I remember about Ty, but talking with another guy isn't considered flirting or cheating. L.A. may not be THAT bad. This may work.

Once Lewis hops in the front seat, VInce pulls off to give us our tour of L.A.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, too♥ Can I PLEASE get some comments to know how you like it?