Status: Please read and comment.

Hero High

Every Victory Counts

Tristan watched as Derek turned around slowly. He raised his hand up in the air as he prepared to control Tristan like a puppet. When he tried to use his powers there was nothing but a quite click. Tristan gave a confused look and pulled out one of his cards and tried to charge it. The result was the same click as before.

Tristan realized that his powers were useless in here and he would have to defeat Derek like a true man. Tristan raised his fists and stood ready to strike. Derek smiled and launched himself at Tristan and began to pummel his fist repeatedly into his face like a battering ram. Tristan tried to block him but he kept snaking around what little he had put up to defend himself with.

Tristan kicked Derek in the back and Derek's attack was disrupted long enough for Tristan to land an uppercut and get Derek off of him. Tristan stepped back dazed and confused before feeling another crack to his face. He felt a cascade of warm blood flow down his face. Tristan watched as another fist was about to land but he managed to dodge it and punch Derek in the stomach. Derek doubled over and Tristan slammed his fist into his face one last time before Derek fell onto the floor.

Tristan walked over and hit the release button for Ayriana. There was a small stack of towels and he grabbed one to help stop the bleeding in his nose. Tristan felt an arm wrap around him to balance him. He looked over to see Ayriana who had put on the patients robe.

"Are you alright?" She asked, sick with worry.

"I'm fine ma'am, just a bit of bleedin that can be stopped fairly easy." He told her with a nasally voice.

He clutched the towel to his nose, tilting his head back to stop the torrent of blood from gushing out. Ayriana was trying to find a doctor to help him. Finally a middle aged man ushered them into his office so he could treat him. While treating Tristan Ayriana told him what had happened back in the treatment room. In the end all the good doctor had to do was stick a couple of cut up maxie pads in his nose.

"Thank you Doctor Greene for helping my friend. I really appreciate it." Ayriana told him.

"It was my pleasure and do not worry that young man will be taken straight to the authorities, I am absolutely disgusted that that event was allowed to happen in my own hospital." Doctor Greene told Ayriana with a small amount of fury in his voice.

"Doctor Greene do I have any more tests tonight or can I go home?" Ayriana asked rather childlike.

"Why in light of recent events why don't you go on home for the night?"

The door opened with a bang. In walked a woman with a rather cold look on her face. Something about her made her seem like a bitch, as if it was tattooed into her forehead.

"Ayriana we are not done yet. Come on and let's go." She told her.

"Doctor Sharpe, we discussed this, and the best plan of action is for Ayriana to go home for the night. We can reschedule for a later date." Doctor Greene told her in a calm and patient matter.

"That simply will not do. You and I both know that we cannot make exceptions for any of our individual patients, and if Ayriana fails to complete her assigned appointment on her assigned date then she will be turned over to the government."

Doctor Greene slumped forward in defeat. Ayriana had turned whiter than a sheet. Tristan stood up, he had to do something about this.

"If Ayriana goes back then I'm going back too, for ya know moral support." Tristan said plainly.

"Child do you speak regular English? Because you are horribly lacking in basic grammar and word choice." Doctor Sharpe asked with the intent to insult.

"My momma told me never to cuss at a lady, but lady you be pushing it. I'm gonna go back there with Ayriana and help her through whatever you put her through."

"This is not allowed unless you happen to have a doctor's pass. Which I doubt you do have."

"That is not true, here you go young man." Doctor Greene told him before handing him a small sheet of paper.

"Thanks doc." Tristan told him before following Ayriana and Doctor Sharpe to the testing center. Ayriana may have had to go through more tests but they won when Tristan was allowed to support her through it, and every single victory no matter how small, counts for something.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for commenting and please subscribe and comment.