Status: Please read and comment.

Hero High

First Day

Tristan Albright walked into the front doors of Hero High for the first day of school. The hustle and bustle of students walking and mischievously using their powers filled the air. Tristan started to fiddle around with his darts, a habit that he fell back on whenever he was nervous.
He looked down at his schedule to see his first class was Hero History 101 with a Mr. Alpsin. He began to walk down the hall to try and find where this classroom was., first though he went to his locker to put his excess school supplies away. As he walked along he noticed some kid picking on someone else, Tristan hated kids who did that so. he walked over and shoved the kid off of the other one. The one who was beating up the kid gave him a death glare.

"What the hell are you doing punk?" The kid asked.

"Shove off the kid now." Tristan said in his heavy yet understandable Cajun accent.

"Make me." The kid sneered.

The kid picked Tristan up, Tristan’s feet dangled in the air. Tristan grabbed the guy’s shirt
and it started to glow red. The kid did not looked impressed, he just sneered some more.

“Wow you can make my shirt glow, that’s really impressive asswipe.” He told him with a sarcasm laced voice.

“Should be scared when I let go boy.” Tristan threatened.

“What happens? Do I get a queer makeover?”

“Let’s just say that when I let go all the angels start singin.”

The bully reeled his fist back and was about to punch Tristan when a teacher yelled and the two separated quickly to avoid getting in trouble. Tristan gave the kid a death glare as he dropped back to the floor and the he continued on to history, trying to get over the fact that he could not blow the kid sky high.

Tristan walked down the hallway, trying to find room 234. He could tell he was nearby where he needed to go as he by passed room 225. He counted the room numbers until he came to room 234. He opened up the door to the room and the teacher sat at the desk grading some papers. He looked up at Tristan with a lazy and bored expression. The teacher had short neatly combed brown hair that looked profession compared to the fact that he was wearing a collared shirt and jeans. His dull blue eyes stared at Tristan looking as already bored even though he had not asked a question yet.

“You the new student?” Mr. Alpsin asked.

“Yes sir.” Tristan responded.

“What did you say? It sounded like a bunch of jibberish.”

“Yes sir.” Tristan repeated himself, wondering if it was going to be like this the whole year.
The teacher got up grabbed a book, wrote the number and his name down before putting it on a seat and telling him that is where he was sitting the whole year. Tristan sat down and took his backpack off, grabbing a pen and a notebook out.

Tristan looked up at the clock, it was two minutes before the bell rang and students were piling in. Tristan watched as they took their seats and then he looked up. A girl walked in and it took everything for Tristan not to stare, because this girl was gorgeous. She had long blonde hair and the prettiest blue green eyes; they reminded him of the waters of the Caribbean. She had natural sun kissed tan skin, not the fake cosmetic looking tan that a lot of young girls now had. Yet there was something lurking in those eyes of her, something dangerous and disastrous should it be unleashed. Even though that lurked there was still something angelic about her. Tristan just couldn't figure out what.

She walked over and sat down next to him, smiling to him as she did. He gave an awkward smile back before turning his head, his face redder than a cherry. Mr. Alpsin turned to look at the class. He held a stack of papers in his hand.

“Since I feel too lazy to lecture today I’m giving you all an assignment, details are in this packet and it is due in a week, and yes partners are allowed on this.” He said before slamming the papers down on the desk.

Everyone jumped up and grabbed a packet and partners. Tristan sat back down at his desk, he would pick the last kid or just do it by himself. He leaned back in his chair waiting for the horde to settle down.

“Excuse me?” Someone asked him.

Tristan looked to see that it was the girl he had been staring at earlier; she was talking to him, the new kid. This interaction would probably make his whole week.

“Yes ma’am?” He responded.

“Do you want to be partners?” She asked him.

Tristan subtly pinched himself to make sure he was awake. What was probably the hottest and most popular girl in the whole school was asking to be partners with him? Life never got this good while in high school.

“Why yes I would!” He said eagerly, not wanting to pass this opportunity up.

“Alright you eager beaver.” She said jokingly to him

“Alright you… why I don’t have a comeback for this one, anyway my name be Tristan. What would yours be?” He asked her.

“I’m Ayriana, Ayriana Milbrook.” She told him and they shook hands.

She smiled and took her seat next to him. He opened the packet and read over what they had to do. They had to present to the class information over a superhero of their choosing. The two made a list of potential super heroes and the after an hour they finally they whittled the list down to Captain Liberty and Owl woman. They were about to argue which one would be better when the bell rang. Ayriana looked suddenly sick and rushed out of the classroom. Tristan wanted to follow her but she was gone when he left the classroom.

After history he had P.E. and as much as he enjoyed physical exercise this sounded like it was going to be torture. He walked through the hallways, gliding almost like a specter. When he arrived he talked to the coach named Coach Ritchie. He was handed his gym clothes and told to go and change. He quickly did that and walked back out.

The assignment for the day was to defeat two villains, and instead of two students being heroes and the other two villains, they had instead gotten two villains from a local prison for real life practice. One was named Bender because he could stretch to enormous lengths. The other one named Dash because of how fast he ran. The two had not been defeated in the three years the school had used the two of them.

Tristan was going to be paired with another hero named Sandra Searman. She had a power that allowed her to shrink to the size of a marble and grow to the size of a mountain. Tristan walked up and shook her hand, reenacting the manners that his parents had beaten into him since he was three.

"Enchante Cheri." Tristan said to her.

Sandra blushed and looked at him. Sandra was an average height girl, with long flowing blonde hair which contrasted with her big blue eyes brilliantly, Tristan was captivated slightly as she looked at him timidly, almost as if she was scared of him.

"I have no idea what that means," she said while giggling, "but I have a feeling it’s French for hi or something."

"It’s French for enchanted cheri." Tristan spoke with an educated tone in his voice.
Sandra giggled and looked down at her feet. She looked slightly embarrassed or something along that fine line.

"Who are we playing today?" Sandra asked.

"We be playing a couple of boys from the local prison. Their names be Bender and Dash.
They're supposed to be really good, as they haven’t lost since the school had hired them to practice with us."

"How fun."

“Indeed.”

A buzzer sounded and Tristan saw two figures walk out into the field. Sandra began to grow until she was three times as tall as Tristan's six foot one height. Tristan heard a whoosh behind him, he turned around to see Dash's scarred smiling face. His lean form hunched over as he ran and tackled Tristan.

Tristan felt like he was being hit by a bus. Dash threw Tristan off of him and Tristan flew into a wall, leaving a dent in it. Tristan responded by throwing one of his playing cards at him, he card exploded when it hit Dash. When the smoke cleared Dash was nowhere to be seen, it was as if he just vanished into thin air.

"Looking for someone?" Tristan heard a voice from behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to hold me darling/ Mai for letting me use her character.I appreciate it.

Comment and subscribe.