As Your Blood Hits The Floor

Chapter 2

I slipped my black and white stripy jacket on, closely followed by my MCR hoody. It was quite cold outside, so I also put on my black and red scarf. It was agreed, we were all meeting at the bridge in ten minutes time. I shouted bye to my parents as I slipped on my red converse all-stars and left the house.
Even though I knew it was chilly, the sudden coldness shocked me and chilled my insides as I took a step outside. The sky was grey and surprisingly dark for midday.

I followed the familiar path to the bridge with nothing particularly interesting happening on the way.
When I arrived I saw a few familiar figures. These were Sam, Rachel and Scott. Sam was the shortest of the group with hair that changed shade nearly every time I saw her reaching her shoulders. Rachel was taller than me, she had this amazing but sort of goofy smile which made her green eyes twinkle. Scott was the tallest out of everyone and due to the size of his head, most people called him ‘big head’.
“Hi guys!” I called when I was about 10 paces away. They turned around and spotted me. We all launched into immediate chatter as we waited for the others to arrive.
A couple of minutes later, David and his younger sister Kirsty arrived. Everyone greeted them with a hug and started talking again.
“Who else did you invite?” I asked David.
“Chris and Josh” he said.
I rolled my eyes. “Good God, those two?”
He looked at me and I giggled.
About 20 minutes later, everyone had finally arrived. There was quite a big group of us now, especially for a small town like this.
“Where we headed to?” CJ asked, flicking back her dark hair.
There was a chorus or “errr” and “ummmm” before someone finally suggested the park.
“Lets go then!” and we all set off down the dirt track at the other side of the bridge.
*
“You ever get the feeling you’re being watched?” I asked, looking around the group.
We were all sat around the roundabout in various positions.
“What choo on about bitch?” Chris asked in his gangster voice that he liked to put on every now and then.
I coughed and said “Well, does anyone ever get the feeling that they’re being watched”
People were giggling now.
“Why? Is Simone scared?” David teased.
“Fuck off. I was just trying to start a conversation” I said, leaning away from him and closer to CJ.
“Well, now that you mention it” Rachel started, “Yeah”
“So do I…” Sam said, trailing off.
“Everyone does. It’s natural. Like that caveman’s instinct” David said.
“Ohhh clever!” we all chorused, taking the mick.