Status: I don't get on much. Just when I've written a story so I can't edit it any. Especially since school's starting

Snow Bunnies

Reasons To Love The Snow

“The weather for tomorrow is going to be snow. Snow, snow and more snow.” The weather man on T.V announced. I reached for the remote and clicked off the T.V, watching the news is so boring.
“Don’t you just love visiting Baltimore?” I asked my best friend, Cody. Cody and I have been best friends since we were three. My family lived in Australia up until I was 9, then my dad was offered a job in Baltimore and we had to move away.
“Oh yes. I just love Baltimore” he replied sarcastically “or as you would say ‘the worst place ever’”
“Well it’s true, this place sucks. The winters are ridiculous and the summers are obnoxious and now good bands or singers ever come here” I complained
“Well I’m here aren’t I?” he asked
“Touché, but still you know what I mean. You know people who aren’t my best friends” I replied.
“Cody, ¬ Kelly go to bed, it’s midnight¬¬ for goodness sakes.” My mom called to us.
“Oh mom it’s winter break why must we go to bed now?” I groaned
“Because I’m your mother and I said so. Now Cody I put your bags in Kelly’s room you’ll be staying in there, I trust you guys don’t make me regret that” she said.
“We won’t” we promised
“Good, now Cody I put a few blankets and pillows on the couch in her room you can sleep on that or you can just kick Kelly out of her bed and make her sleep on the floor either way is fine by me” my mother laughed.
“Nah I’m fine on the couch, or if it gets that uncomfortable I can always crawl in next to Kelly” he joked, making me blush just a bit.
“Cody, I’m serious don’t do anything that will make me regret letting you share a room” my mom warned
“Fine” he said sound a tad disappointed.
“Good, now go to sleep. Goodnight guys” she said turning around to walk off to her room. “Oh I forgot” she said coming to a stop “Alli’s photoshoot wrapped up earlier than they thought so she’ll be arriving tomorrow.”
“Alright thanks mom, see you tomorrow” I said
“Goodnight kids” she said turning into her room and closing the door.
“Well I guess we should go and get ready for bed” I said walking towards my room. I looked behind me to see Cody still standing in the living room looking lost. “Awww is wittle Cody afwaid of the dark?” I asked jokingly.
“No, Miss Rudepants. In case you haven’t realized it’s been at least a year, if not longer since I’ve been to your house. I don’t remember which rooms are which.” He said sassily.
“Ugh fine Mr. Sassypants come with me” I said walking back into the living room and grabbing his arm and dragging him up the stairs towards my room. I threw open my door and walked in.
“There’s your stuff, now go get in your jammies kay?¬” I said pointing to his bags sitting on the floor.
“Fine, bossy” he said as I turned around to get my pajamas out of my dresser and turned back around to see Cody standing in the middle of my room shirtless and in his boxers.
“Well, I’m ready for bed” he announced.
“Well aren’t you the quick change artist” I said sarcastically, walking into the bathroom
“Where are you going?” he asked

“I’m going to get dressed. Did you really think I was going get dressed in front of you, perv” I said slamming the bathroom door closed. Quickly I changed into my JAGK tank top and a pair of gym shorts and hustled back into my room to see a tired Cody passed out on the couch.
“Goodnight Cody” I whispered as I flicked off the light and climbed into bed.
-The Next Morning-
I roll over, stretch and open my eyes. “What time is it” I ask myself sitting up to checking my clock, it read 8:00 A.M. “Ugh, I groaned flopping back down on my pillow; I have always been an early riser. I peeked out the window to see if the weather man was right, and sure enough he was. Snow covered the entire ground, about six inches it looked like and it was still falling. I quick hopped out of bed, quietly so I didn’t wake Cody, and walked over to my closet pulled out some clothes, then went into the bathroom to get changed.
When I got into the bathroom I pulled off my pajamas and threw on my All Time Low Dirty Work shirt, and a pair of skinny jeans, I brushed my long straight jet black hair, and applied some black eyeliner around my ice blue eyes. I examined myself in the mirror and I was satisfied with my appearance.
I walked back into my room to see Cody still asleep on the couch, if it were up to him he’d sleep all day, but it’s snowing so today he’s not allowed too.
“Cody, Cody wake up!” I whispered shaking him slightly.
“Mmmh go away” he groaned
“No now wake up!” I said louder and shaking him harder.
“Leave me alone” he groaned.
“Ugh” I sighed “looks like we’re going to have to do this the hard way”
“Bite me” he mumbled
I crouched down in front of his face “I’ll lick you instead”
One of his eyes popped open “You wouldn’t”
I leaned in closer to his face “Oh, but I will” I said sticking my tongue out.
“Okay, okay I’m up, I’m up” he said sitting up and stretching.
“Haha I win” I said in a singsong tone.
“I’ll get you back for that, by the way why did you get me up so early?” he asked yawning
“It snowed, now go and get ready” I said pulling him up
“Alright I will” he laughed grabbing some clothes and walking into the bathroom.
While he was getting ready I quick pulled out my laptop and logged on to Facebook and began scrolling the newsfeed. As usual it was full of random nonsense that I could care less about so I updated my status to “Best Friend’s here. Going to go play in the snow. Paaayce!” then I powered off my laptop and placed it back on my desk.
I walked over to the window and just stared out at my pretty white backyard and the snow lightly falling down. I love snow it’s so pretty and peaceful. Suddenly I heard footsteps running up behind me.
“Wet best friend attackkk!” Cody yelled jumping on my tackling me to the ground.
“Ow dude what the heck? You scared me. And why are you only wearing a towel?!?” I asked taking in his muscular and wet torso and towel covered waist.
“Oh chill I’m wearing pants under the towel, and I told you I’d get my revenge.”
“Well now that you have, can you get off me and put a shirt on?” I asked trying to wiggle out from under him.
“Fine, I’ll go” he said pushing himself off of me, then grabbing my arm and helping me up.
“Thank you, now put a shirt on before you freeze” I said pushing him towards the bathroom.
“Alright, alright! But don’t act like you didn’t enjoy it” he called walking into the bathroom and closing the door.
“Kelly?” I heard my mom knock on the door “you up?”
“Yeah mom we are” I called back “you can come in” I said as she opened the door.
“Goodmorning Kelly. Where’s Cody?” she asked. I pointed to the bathroom. “Ah alright, so are pancakes alright for breakfast?”
“Fine by me” I said “But shouldn’t you ask him, I mean he is the guest”
“Ah your right, should he be out shortly?” she asked me.
“I’m right here” he said stepping out of the bathroom.
“Ahh! There you are, well are pancakes acceptable for breakfast for you?”
“Yeah that’s fine. Thank you” he said smiling.
“Alright well I’ll call you when they’re ready” she said walking out the door
“Thanks mom” I called after her, then turned to face Cody “So are you ready to play in the snow today”
“Aha sure as long as you don’t mind an epic snowball war” he laughed.
“Bring. It. On.” I said getting in his face.
-A little later in the day, outside-
“Hey Cody! Guess what?” I called to him
“What?” he asked turning around, as he did that I took the snowball that I was hiding behind my back and threw it at him hitting him in the chest.
“Oooh it’s on” he said reaching down to grab some snow to make a snowball with.
“Aha yeah if you can catch me” I said running as fast as I could to the back of the house and crouching behind a bush. I sat in there for a couple of minutes and there was no sign of Cody anywhere, he didn’t come after me at all. I carefully came out of my hiding spot behind the bush and made my way to the front yard. No one was there.
“Well that’s weird” I said to myself.
Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. “Boo!” they whispered in my ear startling me so much I screamed. I turned around to see Cody standing there with a smug grin on his face “Gotcha!”
“Meanie you scared me” I said fake pouting
“Aww I’m sorry” he said pulling me closer causing my tummy to explode with butterflies.
“Woah wait! Butterflies, where did they come from, he’s my best friend, I couldn’t possibly like him could I? I mean he’s cute, nice, and funny. Oh stop it self you’re not helping anything” I thought
“It’s alright all is forgiven” I said looking up at him. He was looking down at me and I just got lost in his eyes, his beautiful aqua eyes. “Oh stop it self seriously?” Next thing I know he’s leaning in closer to my face and I’m leaning in towards his, slowly, inch by inch until our lips were almost touching.
“KEEEEEEELLLLLLYYYYY! COOOOODDDDDDYYYY!” someone called behind us, we turned to see who it was calling us. We saw a girl with blonde hair running our way.
“Alli! Oh my gosh I’m so glad you’re finally here!” I said hugging her when she finally reached us. “I missed you so much”
“I’ve missed you too, it’s been like forever.” She said “I have got to see everyone before I leave, I miss them too”
“I’ll ask my mom if they can sleepover tonight, I’m sure she’ll say yes” I said running inside to ask my mom.
“Mom! Mom!” I called
“In the kitchen” she called back
“Okay, well Alli’s here, and she wants to know if our other friends can come over for a sleepover, party-type thing.”
“Kelly who are these people you want over” she asked
“Ericka, Kevin, James, Jessie, Emily, and Mark.” I said
“Fine, fine you can invite them, but you know the rules”
“I know, I know. No getting pregnant” I said
“Kelly I’m serious don’t do anything you’ll regret later”
“Alright mom thank you.” I said running back outside to Alli and Cody. “she said yes”
“Eeee! Yay this is going to me soo fun” Alli squealed.
“Lemme just text them and ask if they can come” I said whipping my phone out of my pocket.
“Not so fast. I have a question… did I interrupt something between you two just a minute ago” she asked slyly. Cody and I looked at each other awkwardly
“Uhm… no…” we said simultaneously.
“Mmmhm sure, Kelly come with me” she said grabbing my arm and dragging me on to the porch. “Okay girl spill, do you like my brother”
“Nooooo…” I said looking away, semi-blushing
“Kelly, I’m serious”
“Ohhhkay fine, I do. Well just a little. I think. I don’t know it’s all so new to me.” I sighed
“Awww that’s cute. You guys would be so cute together.” She cooed
“Wait really, you’re not all weirded out by that idea” I asked confused
“Well kind of, but I’m serious you’d be cute together, and maybe if things work out we’d be sisters-in-law one day” she squealed making me laugh.
“Alright thank you, let’s get back before he thinks we forgot about him” I said walking back out to Cody with Alli trailing close behind.
“Hey, how was your girl talk, discuss anything interesting?” he asked
“Oh nothing really. Just tampons, bras, coat hangers. Typical boring girl talk” Alli said examining her nails in an attempt to add emphasis that it was really nothing.
“Uhm, coat hangers?” he asked
“Oh Kelly don’t you need to send out that text?” Alli asked
“Oh right hold on let me do that.” I said whipping out my phone and sending out a mass text. In minutes I got replies from everyone saying they were coming.
“Well it looks like we’re having a party tonight” I laughed.
-Later when everyone was there-
“Guys, guys, guys I had the most fantabulous idea” Ericka sang.
“What is your “fantabulous” idea Ericka?” asked Kevin
“We should put your sleeping bags in a circle with our heads in the middle. It’ll be so cute” she squealed.
“I don’t know Ericka what’s wrong with the usual way we set ‘em up?” Emily said.
“Awww come on you guys never like my ideas” Ericka pouted.
“We’ll do it your way this time, just to mix it up” I sighed
“Yayy” she squealed clapping in delight then immediately setting her sleeping bag down in between James and Mark. Alli followed up setting hers next to James’s, then Kevin set his next to Alli’s, then Cody placed his down next to Kevin’s, I set mine next Cody’s, then Emily and Jessie set theirs down next to mine.
“Eeeee this set up is just so cute” she squealed once we got everything arranged.
“I’m not going to lie but this set up is actually pretty cool, I like it” I said. Alli turned to me and winked, I glared back at her.
“Soo what should we do now, at… 11:31 p.m?” James asked sitting down on his sleepingbag.
“Truth or dare! Truth or dare! Truth or dare!” Ericka chanted jumping up and down.
“I’m game” Jessie said.
“Me too” Alli chimed in
“Why not?” I said
“Of course you want to play that. It’s a girls’ game” Kevin sighed.
“Too bad we’re playing. Everyone sit down” Ericka said plopping down on her bag, everyone else did the same. “Okay me first, me first. Uhmm Alli truth or dare?”
“Dare” she said mischievously
“Okay, I dare you to… fill your bra with a cup of ice and leave it there for a good five minutes”
“Bring me a cup of ice and I’ll do it”
“Kaykay I’ll go get the ice, your turn now” Ericka said getting up and heading towards the kitchen.
“Hmm okay Cody truth or dare” Alli asked
“Uhm, I don’t know... truth I suppose” he answered immediately giving Alli a mischievous twinkle in her eye. Oh my gosh Alli please no, don’t ask what I think you’re going to ask”
“Okayyy, do you like anyone here. You know like-like?” she asked, I glared.
“Uh… umm… no” he stuttered, caught off guard by her question. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, I needed to evacuate the room
“Oh, okay.” She said a little disappointed “your turn”
“If you guys would excuse me a minutes, I uh think I left something in my room” I said getting up and hurrying out of the room. I sprinted my way up the stairs, past my room and all the way to the door at the end of the hall. I threw open the door and sprinted up the stairs to the attic, after I made sure closed the hall door, then continuing on through the attic to my special spot. My special spot was just a little sitting room on the side of the attic. It was carpeted, had one couch which was set right in front of a little window.
I opened the door, then closed it and walked over to the couch. I sat down and just put my face in my hands as tears streamed down my face. “You are so stupid. Things would’ve been so much easier if you only saw him as your best friend” I said to myself. There was a knock at the door. “Go away Alli, I don’t want to talk” I called.
“It’s not Alli, it’s me” I heard some say as they opened the door. I turned around to see Cody walking over towards me.
“How did you find me?” I asked
“Kel, I’ve known you forever, I know you always come here when you’re upset” he said sitting down next to me. “Was it what I said down there? You know my answer to Alli’s question?”
“I dunno” I mumbled
“Kelly look at me” he said.
I took my head out of my hands and looked up at him, “What?”
“Do you like me?” he asked “is that why you’re upset.”
“I… I… I don’t know. Possibly, maybe, I guess I do. I just… I don’t know. My brain is so frazzled right now. Like you’re my best friend, but maybe I like you more than that, but it could ruin our friendsh-” he cut me off by pressing his lips against mine softly and wrapping his arm around my waist. I kissed him back, almost immediately sending off an explosion of butterflies in my stomach, and fireworks in my head.
He pulled away; my fingers flew to by bottom lip in disbelief. I looked up at him confused, “why?” I asked.
“Kelly I like you, I always have ever since I first started liking girls.” He said
“Then why did you say no one down there?” I asked
“Because I didn’t think you liked me. Believe or not guys are just as scared of rejection as girls are” he said.
“Oh, so I guess we’re…” I said leading off not knowing what exactly happened.
“Kelly” he said grabbing my hand “will you be my girlfriend?”
“Yes” I answered letting go of his hand and wrapping my arms around his neck hugging him, as he slid his arms back around my waist. I pulled back a little and looked towards the window do see that it had started snowing again. “Look, it’s snowing again. It’s so pretty”
“Just like you” he whispered kissing my cheek “just like you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The End :)