Status: active

Stuck With You

Welcome to Pittsburgh

A smirk came to my lips as I adjusted my three quarter sleeves, blue and orange Islanders shirt. Putting on a plain black belt I looked myself over in the mirror. My dark brown hair is wavy and long, my glowing skin was blemish free and my big brown eyes were noticeable behind my thick eyelashes. My light skinny jeans made my legs look great and I could honestly say I was looking forward to the game tonight.

The Penguins against the Islanders, hopefully this game doesn't result in fighting every five minutes. That game back in February was ridiculous, I've never watched a game with so many physical fights. For the past week I have been unpacking my things and getting settled into my brother's apartment, I can honestly say that leaving New York-leaving my Islanders-was one of the most painful things to do. But it had to be done, I can't stay in one place forever. My brother offered to let me live with him in Pittsburgh and I gladly accepted.

"Victoria, I don't know what you're doing but hurry your ass up," my brother called. I rolled my eyes and went out to the living room to find my brother, Vincent, with a Penguins shirt on and on his iPhone.

Clearing my throat I said, "It's funny how much dislike I have towards your shirt."

"Oh Victoria! What kind of brother would I be if I let you dress like that? Go change into something that doesn't have Islanders on it," he chuckled pocketing his phone. My brother is six feet tall with short black hair glowing tan, dark brown eyes, and a dimpled smile. We look alike and we get along like pencil and paper.

I laughed, "Shut up Vin. I've got to show my Islander pride."

"Whatever you say," Vincent said and we walked through the apartment door and towards the stairs, "But Victoria, you live in Pittsburgh now. You could show a little bit of Penguin support you know?"

As we headed down the stairs I shook my head, "Penguins are good, actually they're great."

"But," my brother said for me. We went to his car and I hopped into the passenger seat.

I sighed, "But Islanders kick ass. I grew up in Uniondale, we grew up there, we grew up with Islanders every where. That's all we would hear about I can't just root for another team."

"It's not illegal to like two teams," Vincent retorted as he pulled out of the parking lot.

I stayed quiet as I took in the October day, a few leaves were changing colors on trees and the wind blew in the air. Much more different than New York, here everyone was calm compared to the city. My eyes darted to the road and I noticed an arena coming into view.

Excitedly I squeaked, "I'm actually pretty stoked."

"I am too, yesterday I watched the game from February and it was intense," Vincent said as he went into a packed parking lot, "I guess this is your welcome to Pittsburgh gift."

"Thanks again for buying me the ticket, I don't think I've been to a preseason game in ages" I told my brother gratefully, it was completely unnecessary for him to do this but very kind and he kept insisting so I couldn't refuse.

I nodded and we exited the car then headed to the entrance. A smirk plastered on my face as I received glares from people who I assumed are Pen fans. Vincent and I went to our seats which happened to be in the lower bowl, giving us a great view of the game.

My eyes were glued to the game from the moment it started to the time it ended. But like most hockey games I watch the game was over just as fast as it started. Sidney Crosby didn't play, because of his head concussion that happened in January-it's October already. Crosby, the face of the NHL, the man everybody loves. Nobody actually sees him for what he is though, which is an arrogant pig. Clearly that act he puts up for everyone is fake, but people are gullible enough to believe it.

My brother lead us out of the arena and we both went to the bathroom. I quickly went outside to wait for Vincent because the arena is suffocating with so many people here and I stood outside taking in the nice autumn breeze.

I caught sight of a giant screen on the building and Sidney Crosby's face gleamed on it, his smile lit up everything. Next to it was a quote “I'm not trying to be the next Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux, I am putting pressure on myself to do my best and perform to my potential -- that's all I can do.”

There he goes again, with that act of his. He acts so humble but no hockey player as great as him isn't arrogant. That's just common sense, all the fame would clearly go to Sidney Crosby's head.

"He's one hell of a good team player," a tall man said. I looked up to see the brunette and instantly I knew it was none other than number seventy one for the Pittsburgh Penguins, Evengi Malkin.

I shrugged my shoulders, "If you say so." My eyes searched the night and I saw the parking lot was slowly becoming vacant as people left and I also saw leave fall from trees. Did Vincent fall in the toilet or is he purposely making me wait forever?

Malkin raised an eyebrow at me and smirked, "You're not a Crosby fan?"

I snorted, "No. I'm not even a Penguins fan." Malkin's eyes roamed my shirt and he made a face of disgust.

"You must be joking me?" Malkin asked in a stern voice.

Not even a moment of reaction time was given to me because my brother's voice boomed, "Victoria! How on earth could you have possibly ended up here? We're on the other-holy shit that is Evengi Malkin."

Frowning I muttered, "My brother is a huge Penguins fan." I turned to Vincent who was staring oddly at Malkin, geez could he not just be normal?

Malkin grinned at my brother and held out his hand, "Nice to meet you. I'm Evengi Malkin."

My brother seemed to regain his senses because he shook his hand then smoothly nodded, "Vincent Vaughn."

"Lets go then," I said cheerful. I gave a small goodbye wave to the Penguin and quickly went back into the arena, that's something typical that would happen to me. End up some where I wasn't suppose to be, I walked out to a different exit-making sure it's the correct one-and took in a nice long breath.

"Wait up!" my brother called as I walked towards the car. I didn't slow done, I walked the same pace and was in the passenger seat waiting for my brother when I saw yet another picture of Sidney Crosby. But this time it was like a magazine spread of him without a shirt. Boy, he looked sexy, and that's just an understatement.

Vincent hopped into the car and frowned, "Thanks for leaving me. I was actually having a civil conversation with Malkin, he's actually funny."

"Okay Vincent, congratulations. You've made a bromance with a penguin," I laughed as he pulled out of the parking lot.

My brother friends with a Penguin? Funny joke, I actually had become friends with a few players from the Islanders. But I could never see my brother being friends with national hockey players, that's just weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am putting this chapter up & I want to see the kind of feedback I get to see where I want to go with the story. I am telling you readers this now, updates are gonna be slow because of school. but still, enjoy this chapter(: