Status: active

Stuck With You

The Switch

Should I buy the vitamin D milk or 2%? I'll just take both I decied as I opened the freezer door, I took the chance to be helpful in the apartment and buy the groceries this week. Setting the milk in the cart I continued strolling down the aisle; tomorrow night is when I get to accompany Jordan Staal to the exclusive premiere of the club but today I'm king grocery shopping.

"Excuse me ma'am," a teenage boy, who's probably no older than seventeen, spoke.

I nodded for him to continue, the boy had a notebook in hand then said, "Would you mind answering a few questions for me please? It's for a survery in school."

"Sure why not," I told him leaning against my cart.

He grinned widely, "As a female do you enjoy sports?"

Does me being a girl have much to with it? Answering politely I said, "Yes. Hockey, soccer, baseball, and football are my personal favorites."

The teenager nodded and jotted things down on his notepad, "As a female do you think girls should be allowed to play masculine sports?"

"A girl can do anything a man can do, and better," I told him and slightly pushed my cart forward in annoyance, "Every question you ask I will tell you a girl can be athletic."

Walking away irritated I headed to the cereal aisle, what kind of obnoxious survery is that? Passing aisles of canned food and soups, I reached my destination only to collide with another cart.

"I'm so sorry-," we said in union but I caught sight of the person and instantly a frown appeared on my face.

Sidney's eyes narrowed at me and he scanned me over quickly only for his frown to deepen, I knew wearing my Islanders sweat pants would be worth it.

"You," he muttered irratedly. Annoyance was written on his face and he tapped his fingers impatiently on the cart, that's an odd image. Sidney Crosby shopping for groceries? Of course, it's probably for his 'I'm just an ordinary guy' image, but of course that's complete bull.

Crossing my arms I bitterly smiled, "Fancy seeing you here-could you possibly move?"

He rose an eyebrow at me and smirked, "No, you can move aside. Clearly I was going in this direction first."

Oh, what a pitiful excuse. Voicing my thoughts I defended myself, "No way. I was going this way, do you mind being a gentlemen and moving aside for a lady?"

The smirk on his face grew as my frown deepened at his following words, "I am quite a gentlemen to ladies,"-Sidney paused to move his cart aside and slowly walked past me-"but I don't see any of those around."

My mouth dropped, this is exactly what I meant by his whole humble act being fake! I've seen him twice and each time he has insulted me. Well, if Crosby wants to play dirty than this means one thing. This means war.

-

With hands filled I carried bags up to my apartment, oh boy, opening the door may be a challenge. Either I knock patiently on the door or-I kicked the door and within a minute it opened revealing Vincent in a white collar shirt.

Brushing past him I set the bags on the table and said, "Oh Vin, today was so-" Pause, I walked to the living room where the exact person I did not want to see sat. The devil was sitting in my living room, Sidney Crosby was in my living staring at me like the true buffon he is.

"What are you doing here?" we asked in union, with a hard glare on both our faces we continued the facade then said, "I asked you first! Will you quit mimicking me?"

My brother intervened and stepped in between us while saying, "Whoa, whoa, what's going on?"

"He's satan!" I said melo-dramatically, Sidney's face went from shock to anger in a flash. You could almost see the smoke coming out of his ears, the glare on his face was enough to make the saying if looks could kill be literal.

Sidney scowled at me, "She just hates me."

"Pause for a moment, how do you know my sister Sid?" Vincent asked, I would love to hear what Mr. Crosby has to say about the unfortunate event on how I met him.

Sidney looked at me for a split second with relaxed features, no glare on his face nor at smile but a blank expression. Instantly he smirked and answered my brother, "She randomly came up to me at Sports Authority and started yelling at me."

My eyes widened at his answer, Vincent won't believe him though because he knows I wouldn't be hostile at a person I don't even know. I glared daggers at him and my jaw dropped when my brother spoke.

"Listen, I am going to go to Marisol's place for a while," he paused to glance at me, "Now while I'm gone settle your differences. I don't want two grown adults bickering like children. Actually try and be friendly to one another, I'll be back soon."

"Why should I try and get along with it?" I hissed dropping my arms to my side and taking a seat on the couch across from Sidney.

Vincent let out a deep sigh and headed out the door, once the door slammed shut the apartment was dead silent besides the clock ticking.

Minutes of silence passed, I stared at my hands not daring to look up although I could feel him staring at me. This feels like two opposites being put in one room and told to interact with each other-it just won't happen. Maybe I should try and talk to him? Oh what a big waste of my life that would be, if I try talking to him all I will get is a snarky remark and a nice hard glare.

"What's your name?" a cool voice asked, his voice was soft like velvet but had an edge to it that adds a masculine touch to it.

Daring to look up my eyes connected to his and I answered, "Victoria Vaughn."

He nodded and I couldn't resist checking him out-his musculars showing in his Polo shirt or how his jeans hung perfectly at his waist. Whenever I think of Sidney Crosby I always think of him skating on ice in his uniform, never dressed like a normal guy, not like this.

"What are you looking at?" Sidney snapped which took me out of my daze.

Shrugging I leaned back in my seat and smirked, "I would say man but that'd be an insult to man kind."

Sidney glarred at me and sat up right muttering something I didn't precisely catch.

"Repeat that?" I asked him nicely, probably the only nice thing i've ever said to him.

He rolled his eyes and retorted, "I said that I wonder what made you such a bitch."

I stayed silent, that one hurt. I knew I shouldn't be this mean but he makes my insides churn, something about Sidney Crosby makes my emotions tick, an unexplainable force just pushes me towards disliking him. A big impact is probably the fact he is captain of the Penguins which does not help anything, naturally I wouldn't like him just because all my life I grew up with orange and blue.

"Are you Staal's date for tomorrow night?" Sidney wondered and I looked up at him, his calm expression was refreshing rather than the hostile demeanor he wore around me.

I nodded, "Yes sir."

"Not anymore," he smirked and my eyes moved down to his hands. He was playing with his phone in his hands, oh boy.

"What?" I demanded scooting closer to him.

Sidney smirked gloriously, "See Victoria, as much as I hate to admit this you physically would fit perfectly with me which is wonderful for pictures. The date Flowers found me fits better with Gronk so we switched dates just now, we thought you wouldn't mind."

"Don't you think consulting me would've been a good idea?" I said glarring at him, could this day possibly get any worse.

Sidney rolled his eyes and chuckled, "You're in for a handful tomorrow night, you realize that? Since you're my date I can't have you in anything Islanders related."

I stayed quiet scowling at him, only I would get stuck with Crosby. He continued talking, grinning obnoxiously, "Tomorrow you'll have to look like a billion dollars, sexy and presentable. The paparazzi will be there, be prepared to be blinded by flashing cameras."

I get to go on a date with Sidney Crosby, any other woman would kill to be in my spot. Honestly, I didn't want anything to with Sidney' Crosby. Especially not be his date tomorrow night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I have Part of chapter five written and most of chapter six, so I'll update this week again(:
& sorry if you don't get an update until Friday or Thursday, t's homecoming week so busy busy week.
Well, comment and subscribe and enjoy(: !