Status: Done

My Forever Girl

1/1

I've never been a fan of waking up early but today was a special occasion. Today I was going on tour with my older brother and his band as their merch girl.
As i finished packing, my older brother Caleb came into my room and carried out my two bags out of our apartment. I grabbed my backpack and locked up once i was outside. I then followed Caleb down to the parking lot where i spotted a big tour bus.
"Is it just me or does ya'lls bus get bigger everytime you go on a new tour?" i asked Caleb, holding the door open for him so he could set down the bags inside.
He put the bags down in the front lounge and smiled. "We had to get a bigger bus this time around because you we're coming along?"
"Are you sure its ok for me to come along?"
He sighed and looked at me. "Don't pull this again Brit. I told you already, everyone was ok with bringing you along."
"Even Kyle?"
He sighed again. "Actually he never really said anything about it. I seriously don't understand why he's mad at you. Did something happen between you two?"
I shook my head. Suddenly a phone ranng. Caleb exusedd himself and answered his cell. As Caleb took his call, I looked around the bus and ended up picking out my bunk. I got in and pulled the curtain closed. Caleb isn't the only person who doesn't understand Kyle's sudden change in behavior.
Recently Kyle's been acting a bit distant towards everyone, especially me. No one understands why he's been acting this way. One minute he was his happy go-lucky self and the next he's this complete jerk. I really wanted to know what was up but every single time I'd even get close to him, he'd always just back away.
Caleb made his way back on the bus and we headed off to pick up everyone else. First Robi, FTSK's manager, then Jonathan and Ziggy, followed by Marc, Austin, FTSK's tour manager Rico, and lastly Kyle. Everyone was pretty cheerful and talkative in the front lounge untill Kyle made it on the bus. He went directly to the last bunk left and didn't come out. I sighed and made my way to the back lounge. On my way to the lounge, I heard footsteps following close behind. After walking halfway into the room, i turned around an saw Jonathan closing the door behind him.
"What's wrong Brit?"
I just sat down on the black leather couch and stared at him. I didn't really have and stared at him. I didn't really have to say anything before he finally realized what was wrong. Jonathan took a seat next to me and sighed.
"This is about Kyle, isn't it?"
I nodded and sighed as well. "Jay, do you think he knows? Maybe he's acting the way because of me."
Jonathan shook his head. "None of this is your fault Brit. Also I'm telling you this now, i have NOT said a word to anyone about your love Kyle."
I smacked him on the arm and laughed as I felt myself blush a bit. "Jonathan, stop it!"
All Jonathan did was laugh. Suddenly the door to the back lounge swung open. There at the doorway stood Kyle. He looked at Jonathan then at me before he left the room without saying a word. I literally felt my heart shatter at that moment. I sighed deeply and thought to myself 'This is gonna be one long tour.'
2 weeks have gone by and every show got even wilder than the last. Merch has been selling like crazy and there have already been times where guys have hit on me but of course Caleb and the guys, minus Kyle, have come to my rescue everytime. Speaking of the blonde drummer, he still hasn't said a word, well to me that is. He slowly began opening up and being his old self around the guys.
Today the fellas were set to play a show here in Tampa, Florida. I was currently doing my job, like always, setting up merch inside the venue. I kept going back and forth carrying boxes filled with shirts, vinyls, and bracelets. Out of nowhere, i heard my brother calling out to me.
"Brittany!"
I nervously turned around once i around once i placed the unopened box on the merch table.
"Hey there big brother."
He looked a bit mad, which at this point terrified me.
"Bus now."
I obeyed his order and headed out towards the buses with him following right behind. I saw Jonathan and Ziggy standing off to the side. That's when i saw Jonathan mouth an 'I'm sorry.'
I knew at that moment, that Caleb knew about Kyle.
Once Caleb and i made our way onto the bus, he closed and locked the door behind him. I quietly made my way over to the sofa and sat down as Caleb paced back and forth. After a good 5 minutes or so, he's pacing came to a stop.
"How long?"
"What are you talking about Cay?"
"You know exactly what i'm talking about Brittany. How long have you had a crush on Kyle? Also how come you never told me about it? I thought we were close sis."
I looked down at my feet, before i could give him a proper answer. I felt him sit down next to me and sigh. "Don't you trust me anymore?"
I looked up at him. "Of course i trust you Caleb, you're my older brother."
"Then how come you told Jonathan and not me?"
I couldn't help but smile. "Is this really what you're upset about?"
He nodded. "Well yea, i feel betrayed by my own little sister."
"Betrayed, really?"
"Yes betrayed."
I giggled. "I'm sorry Cay but the only reason why i told Jonathan about me liking Kyle was because i thought you'd get mad at me."
"Why would i get mad at you for being in love with Kyle?"
I shrugged. Caleb shook his head and ran his through his ginger hair as he let out a much needed chuckle. "So...."
"Yea?...."
"Have you confessed your love to Kyle yet?"
I immediately blushed. "Seriously Caleb?!"
My reaction only made him laugh and tease me, something i wasn't looking forward to. Caleb then got up from the couch and made his way to the door.
"Wait, so that's it?"
He just looked at me and smiled before completely walking off the bus. I let a sigh of relief and made my way off of the bus so i could get bacck to work.
The merch table was doing pretty well as the opening acts took the stage. Finally, FTSK was up and the crowd of kids went wild oncce they heard the opening notes to "Whoa Oh!" They then played "Hip Hop Chick" and "She Likes" right after. Before they jumped into the next song, Jonathan took control of the mic.
"So we're Forever the Sickest Kids and we'd just like to thank you all for having us tonight here in Tampa. Alright so before we jump into this next song, there's three things you should know about it. One; it's new, two; Caleb sings it, and three; someone requested this song and dedicated it to someone special."
The crowd just cheered. Jonathan just stood on the stage, looking straight at me. Then out of nowhere, he pointed in my direction.
"The song is dedicated to a certain ginger's little sister who's also my best friend and happens to be running our merch table at this very moment. Give it up for Brittany Turman!"
People then turned around and screamed as Caleb just waved at me from the stage. I waved back, still a bit confused at what was going on. Everyone walked off the stage leaving only my brother onstage with an acoustic guitar.
"This song is called 'Forever Girl'."
Once those words left my brother's mouth, he began strumming his guitar and singing. The crowd of kids then began to quietly sing along with Caleb. As he performed, all that ran through my mind was 'Who could've possibly dedicated this to me?' When the song ended, the crowd of course cheered and the show went on. After FTSK's set was over, random fans came up to me at the merch table and told me how lucky i was. I really didn't know how to respond. All i did was smile and nod my head, along with a few 'thanks' here and there. All the kids were then made to step out of the venue so that all merch could be put away. As i began to take down all the shirts that i had hung up, i heard a voice come from behind me. A voice i hadn't really heard all tour.
"Need any help?"
I turned around and before me stood the tall blonde drummer i was head over heels for. I didn't give him a verbal answer but instead a slight nod. He made his to the other side of the table, where i was, and began folding the shirts i had just take down then placing them in their box.
"So..."
"Why are you talking to me Kyle?"
I felt his eyes just looking at me right after saying that, so i continued.
"I thought you hated me..."
"I don't hate you..."
I then felt tears forming in the corners of my eyes and sliding down my cheeks as i finally made eye contact with him. "Then why have you been avoiding me?! Did i do something wrong? Do i smell? What's the reason you've been neglecting my existance?"
"Because..."
"Because why Kyle?"
"Because i'm in love with you Brittany! There are you happy?"
Right when he said that, i was at a loss for words. All that kept repeating over and over in my head was 'I'm in love with you'. Kyle let out a deep sigh and looked down at the ground.
"I avoided you because i didn't know how i was gonna react around you. Your smile, your laugh, you presence in general caused a swarm of butterflies to explode inside me. On top of all that, i was afraid of you rejecting me."
"Rejecting you?"
He nodded. "Yea, to be honest i always thought that you would fall for someone like Jonathan seeing as you two always hung out."
"Kyle..."
"Look if you don't like me in the way i like you, that's fine. I just hope that our friendship doesn't change in anyway."
I placed my hands gently on his face and made him face me. I could see his face slightly turn a pinkish color causing me to smile.
"Let me ask you one thing Burns."
"What?"
"Was it you the requested 'Forever Girl'?"
He hesitated at first but eventually he nodded. "Yea that was me."
"That's all i needed to know."
I stood on my toes and placed a kiss on Kyle's lips. With only 5 seconds of me standing in that position did Kyle finally kiss me back. He even wrapped his arms around waist and held me close, without breaking the kiss. Only after a few good minutes did we finally pull away. He looked down at me and smiled.
"So does this mean what i think it means?"
I shrugged. "I don't know you tell me."
Kyle chuckled. "Brittany?"
"Yes Kyle?"
"Well you be my forever girl?"
"Sure, but on one condition."
I saw his face fall a bit. I couldn't but smile at how cute he looked. "What's that?"
"You be my forever boy."
A smile then lit up on Kyle's face like a kid in a candy store. He then nodded.
"Deal!"
He then leaned down and kissed me on the lips once again, making me the happiest girl in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Might write more one-shots depending on feedback.