Status: Read 'What I'm looking for...' first, pwease? c:

No Turning Back Now.

No Big Deal

Closely following Ron, were Fred and George, his elder twin brothers. They were tall and, like the rest of the Weasley’s, had fiery, red hair and freckles. They wore their normal, carefree grins, as they stood beside Ron.

Mrs Weasley followed, and she shook my parent’s hands. Mrs Weasley was a lovely woman, who was always happy from what I had seen.

“Thank you for having Corey,” my dad said, placing a hand on my shoulder, which I quickly shrugged off.

“It’s my pleasure; she seems like a lovely girl,” Mrs Weasley said, smiling down at me.

I was nothing like the Weasley’s in appearance. I was short, with bright blue eyes and wavy blonde hair. I didn’t have a trace of a freckle on my face and unlike Ron, who had five older brothers and one younger sister; I was an only child.

“Fred, George, help Corey with her things,” Mrs Weasley said, before she went back to talking with my parents.

They followed me to the car, and I opened the boot. The twins each grabbed an end of my trunk, and lifted it out of the car, before carrying it into the house. I picked up Calandra’s empty cage, and a bag filled with lollies and food, for us to have over the holidays.

“Behave,” my Dad said through gritted teeth, before getting in the car and driving off.

I turned back to Ron, who was the only one left outside. I followed him through the door, which lead into the kitchen. The kitchen was small and rather cramped. There was a scrubbed wooden table and chairs in the middle. None of the chairs matched, which added character to the room.

Everyone was sitting at the table, where they looked to be having an early lunch. Everyone looked up as I followed Ron through the door. Fred and George had dumped my trunk on the other side of them room, out of the way, and were now sitting with everyone else.

At the head of the table sat a thin man, who was bald but the little hair he had left was red like everyone else’s. He must be Mr Weasley. On his left side was Percy, another one of Ron’s brothers, George and Fred. On his right sat Mrs Weasley and a small girl, who must be Ginny.

There were three spare seats, one next to Ginny, one next to Fred and one at the other head of the table. Ron took what must have been his seat, next to Ginny and I sat down next to Fred.

“Hello, Blondie,” the twins chimed, and I smiled at their nickname for me.

“You must be Corey Samuels,” said Mr Weasley.

“Oh, yes, sir,” I said, smiling politely at him.

“Would you like something to eat, dear?” Mrs Weasley asked.

“No, thank you, I’ve already eaten.”

After they had all finished, the twins took my trunk to the spare room. Ron, Fred and George all stood as I looked around the room, waiting for my reaction.

“It’s not much...” Ron began but I quickly cut him off.

“Shut up. It’s brilliant,” I said, sitting down on the bed. “Gather around children, and let’s see what I have in my magic bag.”

The three of them sat with me on the bed, a gap in the middle of us all; it’s a good thing that it was a double bed. I grabbed my bag, and tipped the content on top the bed. Every kind of lolly lay in front of us, in every shape and colour. They all stared at the pile, open mouthed, before beaming at me.

“It’s no chocolate frogs, or Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans, but it’s still good,” I said smiling back at them.

“Don’t let mum see it,” Ron said. “She’s take it all away.”

We had a couple before putting the rest back into the bag and hiding it under the bed. They showed me around the house and soon enough it was time to go to bed.

The next morning, we were all at the table again, all in the same seats. Mrs Weasley gave us all eight or nine sausages, apart from Ginny, who got about five or six. Along with that there were eggs and bread, and I swear I could see the twins staring at me in wonder as I finished everything and accepted more and more.

“What?” I said; my fork half way up to my mouth, during my third helping.

“Nothing,” George said before turning back to his plate.

That afternoon, Ron, Ginny, the twins and I all went up to a small paddock that they owned. It was surrounded by trees that blocked it from view of the village bellow, meaning that they could practise Quidditch there, as long as they didn’t fly too high.

While the boys were up in the air, Ginny and I sat on the ground talk. I was staring at them fly around, throwing apples instead of real Quidditch balls, while lying on my stomach on the grass.

“Are you okay?” Ginny asked suddenly.

“Mmm?” I said, looking over at her.

“Are you okay?” said repeated.

“Yeah. Is there a reason I shouldn’t be?” I asked confused.

“No... It’s just, you look really sad. I was just wondering what’s wrong.”

I took a deep breath, rolling onto my back and looked up at the clouds while talking.
“Well, you know how my parents are probably in Italy somewhere, at the moment?” I could see Ginny nod out of the corner of my eye. “Well, the thing is, they left knowing it’s my birthday tomorrow and they don’t even care.”

“That’s awful,” she exclaimed.

“It’s nothing, really,” I said.

“But it’s tomorrow, and, and, and,” Ginny stumbled over her words. “We haven’t even got a cake or anything.”

“It’s nothing, really Ginny, I don’t need anything. Just keep it between us, okay?”

But she didn’t hear me, she was already running back to the house, and I could faintly hear her calling, ‘MUM! MUM!’

“Where’s she off to?” Ron asked; they must’ve come down to see what’s up with Ginny.

“Back to the house, I’m guessing,” I said, earning me an annoyed look from him.

“Why was she in such a rush?” Fred asked, all of them now staring down at me.

“Hey! You blocked my sun!” I said, trying to change the subject.

“Don’t change the subject.”

“Fine,” I said, standing up. “It’s my birthday tomorrow; Ginny’s just gone to tell your mum.”

“Corey, why didn’t you tell us?” Ron asked.

“I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it,” I muttered, starting to walk back to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ginny's going to make a cake xD
Comment or Mrs Weasley will take your candy.
-Josifer(: