Monster

Emmett Cullen, the Creep

Mandy was just like me, maybe a little more outgoing and badass, but still, a lot like me. Besides English, we had Spanish and Biology together. We were on our way to lunch, a little late because Mr. Banner, out Biology teacher, kept us a little late.

The cafeteria was full when we got there and I couldn't see any tables open and I wasn't in the mood to ask if I could sit with someone I didn't know. Mandy and I got in a relatively short line; she got a slice of pizza and a soda, where as, I got a bottle of water. She raised an eyebrow at it, but didn't comment. We pain for our stuff and began walking though the maze of tables.

A group of a couple girls and guys waved us over, so we moved their way. Mandy sat beside a girl with pale skin (we are in Forks, everyone’s pale) and raven hair, her name was Whitney. I sat next to the other girl, who had wavy red hair and emerald green eyes, who's name was Melinda, but she goes by Mel. The guys were sitting between the girls, each with an arm around one. They were twins, I could tell that, but one had obviously dyed strait blonde hair, while the other had dark curly locks. Sean and Nick. They were all friends of Mandy's.

“So Kat, are all the rumors about you true?” Whitney asked running her thumb across the opening of her bottle of Pepsi.

“Probably, but just to be sure, what are they saying around here about me?” I inquired, unscrewing my water bottle lid. “Though, the one about setting a teacher on fire is true, to a point. It was an accident, at least, that's what I told the cops.” I winked, taking a swig of water. The whole table laughed.

“Well, theirs the rumor that you vandalized the school gym, glued a teacher to their desk, broke a girls nose and my personal favorite, setting a smoke bomb off in study hall.” Mel was the one to say all of this and it made me smile. Kids were ready to believe anything the new girl.

“The first, a lie. It was a group of my friends who did it, I ditched it. Second one, guilty,” I said lifting one side of my mouth and shrugging my shoulders. They all laughed again. “Three had it coming to her and four, I really wanted to get home. I didn't want to miss my TV show.”

Sean snorted while taking a drink and soda came out his nose. We all stared for a moment, then burst into laughter and it was then that I discovered Mandy had a donkey laugh. I was totally going to use that to tease her, so I made a mental note of it.

When we were all calmed down and Sean had stopped cussing, we, or rather they, started eating while I drank my water. I noticed that every couple of minutes, Nick would look over my shoulder, frown and then continue eating. After he'd done this several times, I got curious and looked back too. It took me a moment to find what he was looking at, there were just that many interesting things in the cafeteria, but when my eyes raked across one table, I knew that someone was staring at me.

I turned back around and locked eyes with Nick. “Who is that and why is he staring at me?” I asked, afraid to turn back around. The guy, burly and muscular, looked like he could snap me in two if he wanted too.

“That's Emmett Cullen and I was just wondering the same thing.” Nick looked over my should again and, from the way his mouth twitched, I guessed that Emmett Cullen was still staring at my back. “You haven’t pissed Cullen off, have you?”

“I'm pretty sure I'd be able to remember pissing someone that big off,” I answered, scratching above my right eyebrow. “But I might have hit on his boyfriend,” I added.

They smiled and Mandy giggled, but now that we knew someone was staring at our table, it made them a little self conscious. Heck, it make me self conscious and that was an almost impossible task. We sat there for a few minutes in complete silence, Nick continuing to look over my shoulder and now, Sean joined him. The girls just stared at their food and I was really hoping that I didn't already, on my first day, have a stalker.

When the bell rang, I was more than happy to get to Trig class, which I had with Sean. We said goodbye to the others and walked together to class. Sean acted as a sort of body guard and it was very amusing, taking in to account his lanky figure, though he did have a little bit of muscle. I wondered why, though, I needed a body guard and that question was answered when we walked into the Trig class room and Emmett Cullen was there.

Sean stayed with me as I had the teacher sign my slip and got my book. The only two seats together that were available were in the front, so we claimed those. I felt eyes on me as I walked to my seat and sat down carefully, never looking back, keeping my eyes fixed on the teacher, who was beginning to call role.

Class went by slower than my others and throughout the entire lesson, I always sensed his eyes boring holes into the back of my head. Sean seemed to forget about him and wrote notes vigorously throughout the entire lesson. At the end of class, Sean and I parted ways, he going to his Biology class and me to Gym.

When I was barley ten steps from the Trig class room, someone fell into step beside me. I tilted my head a little and saw that it was Emmett, face forward and a smirk on his lips. My eyes widened and I faced forward too, speeding up my pace. But he kept up with me.

“Hey dud, look, whatever your trying to do-” I started to say, but was cut off.

“Look, I know you think I'm creeping on you or something stupid like that,” Emmett spoke, shocking me into silence. “But I'm nothing that you think I am, you just interest me, with what I've heard about you and all. So I was watching you.”

“Well, that's not creepy at all and will most certainly not make a girl think your some crazy or something,” I replied sarcastically, speeding up immensely, almost running. The gym was in sight and when I got in there, I could escape in the girls locker room. Emmett kept up with me flawlessly. Damn him.

“If I promise to stop staring at you, will you go out with me?” he asked and I knew then, he was totally crazy and I would have nothing to do with him. We were at the gym door and I tried to open it, but he pushed it shut. “Give me an answer, or your not going in.” He was a boy who was used to getting what he wanted, I could tell, but he most certainly wasn't getting me.

“No, I will not go out with you,” I said, opening the second door and stepping into the warm gym. I made a B line for the girls changing room, where I was met by Coach Clapp. He informed me that I would not have to take part in that days activity's, but gave me a gym uniform to put in my locker.

So I sat on the bleachers and just watched them play dodge ball. There were several terrible players and a couple of good ones, Emmett Cullen one of them. He got almost everyone out on the other team, smirking like a cocky jerk when he did. I wanted to slap that smirk off his face, but resisted. It was better not to get in trouble the first day. When gym was over, I left while the others went to change. I told myself that it was to get home faster and start my homework, but I knew that was hogwash, that I really wanted to avoid Emmett.

Several other students were getting into their cars when I got outside, but one set that I noticed more than the others. It was the other kids that Emmett had been sitting with at lunch. Sean had filled me in about them, that they were all adopted and “together.” It was creepy to me, but whatever, they could do whatever they wanted.

As I was starting up my car, Emmett walked out into the parking lot. His eyes found mine in an instant and I was, again, freaked by him. How did he know which car was mine? I wanted to walk up to him and demand to know, but when he started walking toured me, I wimped out and quickly pulled out of my spot and left.

Later that night, I thought about how stupid I was to wimp out. It wasn't like he would do anything to me for asking such a reasonable question. Would he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chaper two is up!
I hope you like it.
Thanks for reading,
and if you comment,
thanks for that (: