Status: I hope this works

The Sun Sets The Moon Shines

the family and friends I love

Kimber had the internal clock of a bird, She was in bed by 11 11:30 at the latest and she was up at 6 6:15 at the latest. With her living style it was easy to see how she would want to be up and out of her house before her father’s 1st alarm buzzed.
But not Ash, or me for that matter, Ash went to sleep whenever she wanted and I went to bed as soon as nothing good was happening on the Internet. The two of us got up when we had to. We just didn’t expect to have to wake up before the crack of dawn.
As Kimber pulled Ashley out of my house, I snuck away to say bye to my family. I had said bye the night before, with an eagle eye from kimber, but i knew none of us would be satisfied if i actually left without giving them a hug at the last minute.
I shook awoke my parents before tip toeing into my brother’s room. I just gave him a hug. He didn’t even stir in his sleep as i ran away to the car hiding my tears and my who-face, as Ashley liked to call it.
I dove into the back seat sitting up only to adjust the seat belt to a comfortable position before laying back down. Kimber wound up the car letting free the cult’s blasting from her stereo causing Ashley to jump up in fright, glaring at kimber.
“You know I like my music loud.” She justified turning the music down only a little bit.
Ashley just rolled her eyes, pulled her snuggie closer to her body and leaned on to her pillow on the window. The girl was magical she could fall asleep in seconds.
Kimber laughed at our best friend driving away into the sunrise.
"well be there around 1 if you wanna let grandma know." she says pulling onto the highway.
"I would, but I dont even think she's awake yet, because she’s a normal person." I said smirking at her in the rear view mirror.
she faked a chuckle, her face scrunching up toward her nose as she mocked me. I wrapped my arm around her in the seat in front of me.
“Stop now, we wouldn’t want your pretty face to look that ugly for the rest of your life, now would we? no.” I said as i released her from some kind of hug, slamming my back onto the seat.
She shook her head from side to side and tried to just focus on the road as the music burned into our ears.
After 1 giant bag of lays that Ashley consumed in between her naps, Kimber and I each getting 1 handful, 2 king size package of Twizzlers, split between Kimber and I, hers lasted my were gone in maybe 30 minutes, 3 playlists i made, I make the best, 4 of Ashley’s naps, 5 bathroom runs weather they were in the woods (me), rest stops (Kimber and Ashley) or parking lots(Ashley and I) , 6 sodas, 2 each, Kimber got coke, Ashley Dr. Pepper and I got Rootbeer, 7 chapters of my book and 8 hours, I had my head shoved into the spaces between Ashley and Kimber.
I was staring my eyes wide at the dry streets of Arizona as I directed Kimber to my grandmother’s house. She left turned onto petal road as i told her. i had my eyes glued looking past all the egg white look-alike houses for her sky blue cottage looking house. As soon as I spotted the blue dot on the white road I let out a squeal. It had been almost 4 years since i had been to her house and it looked more amazing than i remembered. from what i could remember the paint was starting to chip and the grass around the edges of her yard and along the sidewalk was beginning to die. A fresh new rainbow of flowers had taken the dead’s place in front of the house. The once off white paint had recently been covered to match the sky above.
I was still squealing as Kimber slammed on the brakes, she was just as excited to see my grandmother as I was, both of them, but my grandmother was like the grandmother she never had. She hopped right out of the car immediately, leaving the keys daggeling in the ignition for Ashley to get. I hopped out of the car running after Kimber catching up with her as she knocked on the red wooden door.
Ashley was taking the slow road as she stumbled behind us after waking up from her nap and as she let out a yawn when she got to me, ny grandmother opened her door with an amazing smile on her face.
She hadn't changed I noticed as she pulled each of my friends into a hug. Her red hair still only had a few strands of grey and her face still had a smile on it. She let go of my friends and just stared at me. “My My is that my granddaughter?” she asked as her eyes got a little watery.
“Yes it is.” I said as my eyes did the same.
“Oh, Eloise you’ve grown up so much.” She said as she pulled me to her mu-mu clad body. in a hug. I giggled laying my head on her shoulder. She led us into the house. The inside hadn’t changed at all. It was filled with pictures of my mom, brother, me and her self with her gardens. Flowers were everywhere clouding all of our gross car-BO smell. I was spinning around staring around as all of the childhood memories came swimming back to me, when my grandmother’s dog, ran at my feet.
“Scooby!” I yelled as I kneeled down to pet his caramel fur. I swung my arms under his legs and carried him to my friends.
“This is Ash.” I said sticking scobby close to her face in which he began to lick. “and this is Kimber.” I said as I did the same to her, giggling to myself.
“Eloise Caroline, put that harmless dog down and stop goofing around.” My grandmother said with a smirk.
I blushed as I set scooby back on his feet.
“Alright,” she said “let me show you to your room’s.” She said as she climbed the stairs to the second floor. We entered the hall and stopped in front of two doors that faced each other.
“There’s your mother’s old room,” she said turning to the door to her right and our left. “and then the room you and your brother used to share. I didn’t pick and choose who would be where so it’s up to you three. After you pick, move in and then i’ll have a treat ready for you three.” She said with her amazing smile.
“Oh you don’t have to do that grandma Hardwick.” Kimber said sweetly.
“It would be my pleasure.” My grandmother said as she walked away leaving no argument.
We turned back to the problem at and staring at the two doors. Ashley leaned against the door on the right petting it.
“He used to sleep in here.” she says her lips against the white wood. “Dibs!” she yelped swinging open the door and jumping into the room.
“You are too creepy.” I mumble staring at her with my nose scrunched up in discust.
“So I guess i’ll be bunking with Mrs. Darren Hardwick.” Kimber said chuckling at me as she moved into the room.
She dropped her purse on the floor and then quickly, like lightning fast, moved her finger to her nose, smirking at Ashley. “Looks like your sleeping on the top bunk.” She said picking her purse back off the ground and tossing it to her new bed.
Ashley glared as she moved out of the room to get her stuff from the car, Kimber moving right behind her.
I sighed and walked into my mother’s childhood room. My mother was very cool for a mom and walking into the room that she grew up in, that hadn’t been changed at all, was only evidence of it. Her room was decorated similar to mine. There was posters and photos on the wall. In some places there were obvious spots where she had taken something down and brought it with her to college. The room was nice, the wallpaper was the same as the rest of the house, flowers and there was a desk in front of the window that looked down to the backyard. the windows were covered with light purple silky curtains that gave the room a lavender tent verses blocking out the sun. The closet was next to the dresser which was across from the bed and on either side of the bed were beside tables. On the bed was was fluffy yellow comforter with 2 matching pillows. That’s where I found myself moving to when I entered the room, crashing onto the bed, resting a second before i had to go and haul boxes up the stairs. My time out was cut short by my grandmother’s voice booming through the house.
“Eloise if I come up and find you on your bed, no brownies for you.”
I instantly groaned as I hopped out of the bed and skipped down the stairs passing Ashley and Kimber on their way. I grabbed the first box labeled as mine and ran as fast as i could with it. I took four more trips after that, 1 more than Ashley and 2 more than Kimber. It was weird what happened next because it was like we all fell to our beds in unison, only to be disturbed once more by my grandmother.
“Oh girls, I’m a little disappointed you aren’t movin’ to unpack, I guess these brownies were a waste.” My grandmother is a sly one because a soon as she said brownie all three of us were up and moving again.
Unpacking for me wasn’t that hard because three of my boxes were just clothes, which I just dumped out onto my closet floor. The books and CDs were a little harder, It felt like I had a whole library in my mom’s little room. All of my movies and childhood books filled the dresser leaving my books to form a wall along the wall. It looked cool.
By the time all three of us were done packing and adapting to our rooms, we had gone down stairs to find an empty plate of brownies in front of her.
She smirked looking up at us.
“You didn’t think I was gonna let you spoil your dinner, now did you?” She said kindly as she returned her attention back to the tv.
I laughed sitting down next her on the couch, Kimber followed beside me and Ashley sat in the love seat spreading her legs out.
“But grandma this means you have to take us to Davy’s after dinner.” I said Kimber and Ash nodding along with me.
“Oh all right.” She agreed.

&&

We had all pilled into the back of my grandmother’s car after a couple hours of staring at the tv.
The weird thing about where my grandmother lived is that there were 5 small towns that surrounded Phoenix and driving to them took all of 15-20 minutes, so it felt like one big city.
We were in the surrounding town of Chandler and we were eating at Davy’s Dine a favorite of mine as a child. I recognized as soon as I saw it. It was had a circular entrance and then straightened out to be a half-circle. We stepped through the curved doors and I was hit was the aroma of french fries and pie. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply letting a pleasant sigh.
My grandmother lead us to the hostess and asked for a table of four in Katie’s area.
The hostess grabbed our menus immediately. “Right this way Mrs. Hardwick.”
Ashley and Kimber giggled to themselves behind me causing me to turn around and glare at them. We were seated in a booth that faced the street. I slid into the booth next my grandmother flipping through the menu, even though I already knew what I was going to get.
I looked up to see our waitress, she was the same waitress that would bring me free pie. She was tall, had ratty blond hair and dark circles under her eyes. She was Katie.
“My, oh My, This cannot be little Eloise Hardwick!” Katie said loudly grabbing the attention of a few neighboring tables.
I blushed and kept my head down as I gave her a hug. She pulled my chin and and stared at me for a moment.
“You’re alright.” She said causing Ashley to giggle.
“Katie, these are Ellie’s friends Ashley and Kimber. The three are staying with me until school starts. So, you will most likely see a lot of these three.”
I sat back down as Katie asked for our orders.
“Coke”
“Dr.Pepper.”
“Iced Tea”
“Rootbeer.”
Katie giggled at me saying I never changed as she walked away to the kitchen.
“So what’s good here?” Kimber asked still mauling over her menu.
“Lits everything.” I said.
“And what are you getting?” She asked me.
“Cheese burger with tomatos only and fries with a slice of apple pie for dessert.” My grandmother and I said in unison.
“Other wise known as the ‘Eloise at the Plaza’” Ashley said pointing down at a corner of the menu.
“Yep that’s me.” I said blushing intensely.
Katie came back fast with our drinks and we all took a big glup before reading off our orders.
“El,” Ash said looking confused. “She didn’t even ask you what you wanted.”
I laughed nodding to myself. Katie had an amazing memory.
“So do you three have a jam packed summer?” My grandmother asked us.
“No.” Kimber said for all of us.
“Were just chillin’ and going with da flow.” Ashley said across from my grandmother, who just stared at her like she was crazy.
“Eloise!” I turned around to see a freakishly tall girl with sandy brown hair flying everywhere, coming our direction. I didn't recognize her until she was leaning aginst the table catching her breath.
“Carter?” I said in shock.
She just nodded as she continued to try to breathe.
“Dear are you alright?” My grandmother asked patting Carter’s hand on our table.
She turned to her and smiled. “Yes, thank you Mrs. Hardwick.”
“Alright,” I said clapping my hands together. “Car, these are my two best friends Kimber and Ashley.” They each gave a little wave. “Ash, Kimber this is Carter my summer friend, we were inseparable every summer i spent down here.”
“Oh.” Kimber said with a bright smile. “We’ve heard a lot about you.”
“Oh yes, “ Ashley continued “about all the amazing adventures.”
Carter smirked.
“Carter!” Her name was being called across the restaurant the same way mine had, only her’s was yelled by a similar looking boy.
She strightened up. “We’ll have to have some.” she said as she scribbled down her phone number on a paper napkin. “In fact, my brother, the dumb one who is rude enough to yell across a restaurant, his in a band and their having a party tomorrow you guys should come.” As she said the words, all three of us put on our best puppy eyes for grandma. She only lasted a second.
“Fine, They’ll be there Carter.” she said.
Carter’s smile was a mile wide as she ran back to the pack of boys she had escaped from. “I’ll text you tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
alright this is the 2nd chapter the third might be up tomorrow depending on school. I have to go to bed now because of stupid school in the morning. so enjoy this chapter. I like carter very much she's crazy as well as the grandmother i think shes kinda sassy. also thanks to the one suscriber, already! I published this story today. Thanks lots to all