Status: updates whenever I can!

Don't Go

Set Fire to the Rain

Jamie

After our laughter died down, we cleaned up the kitchen, and I was formally introduced to the throat clearing stranger. His name was Matt Nicholls, one of Oliver's best friends.

"I actually just came by to pick up the notes I missed in math today, Oli." He said while taking a seat in the kitchen.

We chatted mindlessly for a good hour before he decided he had to go home.

"My mother is going to murder me if I'm late for dinner again." he said and scratched the back of his neck nervously.

I giggled at the sight of this tall boy with huge holes in his ears being afraid of a tiny woman holding a spatula. Oliver giggled as well as he said bye to his friend. Once out of earshot of the door, we burst into a fit of giggles. We must have read each others minds.

"Oliver, we're filthy, and I've never had so much shit in my hair." I said finally.

"I'll get you some clothes. You can shower if you'd like." he said with a slight tint of pink forming on his cheeks.

Oliver Sykes blushing??? No freaking way.

"That would be wonderful." I said with a smile.

I followed Oliver back upstairs to his room. He handed me a pair of basketball shorts, a plain black v-neck, and a towel.

"Bathroom's right through there." he said pointing at a door in his room.

I nodded my head and said, "I'll be out shortly."

When I entered the bathroom, I took note of how clean it was.

"There is no way a teenage boy uses this bathroom." I said aloud.

It was spotless. No dirty clothes, nothing spilled on the sink, and no pee on the toilet seat. My mind has been blown.

Oliver
I left Jamie to do her business, but the thought of her naked in my shower just about drove me insane. So I stood just outside my door for a moment to collect my thoughts. I couldn't let Tom see me this worked up over her. He would never let me live it down.

I listened to the water running for a few minutes, then I heard a soft hum, then Jamie's voice.

"I set fire to the rain, watch it pour as I touch your face. Let it burn while I cry cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name."

Her voice carried to where I was, and I stood still and listened. Her voice was beautiful.

"I guess we all have our little secrets." I whispered to myself and walked downstairs.

She never mentioned being able to sing before, but then again, it's never really come up either. I let that thought slip away as I entered the kitchen and saw Tom cleaning up from baking cookies.

"You're crushing hard." was all he said to me.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What?"

"You. have. a. crush. on. Jamie." he said very slowly.

"You're crazy." I replied and sat at the kitchen table.

Just as he was about to speak again, Jamie's footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs. She came around the corner with a smile on her face, but her cheeks were puffy and her eyes red. Had she been crying?

Maybe it's just from the shower...Jamie never cries.

Or does she?
♠ ♠ ♠
This one was awful, I know. Next update will be better I promise!