Status: in progress

Of Ramen and Secret Meetings

Pay For It

“So are you, like asexual or something?” Megan asked me taking a seat on my right during math.

I sent her a confused look before glancing around to find the teacher. Just my luck the dinosaur wasn’t in the room.

“No, I’m not.” I replied.

I refused to give her an answer that would enable her something to work off of. I had no idea where she was going with the conversation and it wasn’t even a conversation I wanted to have.

“Well it’s just, you were at the outing on Friday.” She stated snidely, inspecting her newly painted nails. “But I didn’t see you with any guys.”

“I was with Jimmy.” I replied shortly.

“Jimmy the freak? Hayley’s fuck buddy?” she laughed.

“They aren’t fucking.”

“Oh but they’d so like to.”

“And?”

“And she’s a whore.”

I growled at that and sent the cornflake a death glare. She just seemed amused by my anger.

“Hayley’s not a whore.”

“Yes she is!” Megan giggled. “I heard at last years Christmas party she hooked up with like, 5 guys.”

“Are you sure that wasn’t you?” I smirked.

Megan finally let a sour look cross her over done features.

“Watch your back newbies.”

I just rolled my eyes and kept my gaze forward for the rest of the class.
Girls like her really did have a way of just completely irritating the shit out of me.

I returned to my dorm early that day, skipping the last few minutes of geography after excusing myself to use the restroom. I’d managed to completely forget about Brendon, so when he came up behind me as I made popcorn I nearly died of a heart attack.

He chuckled, his semi deep voice resonating in a perfectly attractive manor.

I was beginning to think he’d be a problem for me.

He was just a crush, but he was the kind of crush that could completely topple your mental stability if you let them in. It wasn’t that I was afraid of that, letting him in. But hey, I’m a perfectly normal teenage girl, and this guy… he gives me butterflies and all of those stupid girly feelings and I barely know him. What happens when I get to know him and the crush progresses?

I can’t risk it.

“That’s not nice.” I scold him lightly.

He just smirks. “Are you gonna watch a movie?”

“What?”

Me and my dumb brain, not putting two and two together.

“You were making popcorn, I just assumed-“

I cut him off. “Oh! Oh, no. I was just hungry.”

He nodded awkwardly and we slipped into a rather uncomfortable silence.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” I offered. “I don’t know where they are, but I’m sure we have some somewhere.”

“Yeah, I’d like that.” He grinned.

Now okay, it did take me a good 20 minutes to locate the brown wooden hutch with the movies in it, but in my defense it was covered by a blanket which looked suspiciously like one of the ones Hayley and Jimmy had used to make their fort the previous night.

She was not a slut.

I kept repeating that in my head whenever my mind wondered towards the tiny red head.

“Alright um,” I glanced at the limited movie selection. “We don’t have much.”

“Sweet.” He chuckled sarcastically.
My eyes raked over the titles.

Balto, Quest For Camelot, Pirate of the Caribbean.

We settled on that one, pirates.

“You can’t tell me you wouldn’t totally go gay for Johnny Depp.” I teased Brendon playfully halfway through the film.

“I wouldn’t.” he laughed. “I have someone else in mind.”

“OOOOH WHO?” I bounced up and down in my seat.

“Not telling” he grinned.

We would have continued that way if a Demi slamming into the room in a huff hadn’t interrupted our fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise an actual plot will start to show soon.