Status: Feedbacks will really help. Thanks! :3

Gotta Be You

Treize

Image


‘Pretty please?’ Avery pleaded, pouting her lips while Zayn laid there on the bed still with his eyes closed. ‘Just taste my very first cupcake babe puh-leaaase.’

Zayn groaned, trying so hard to carry his heavy eyelids. He sat down and stared at the redhead beside him, sitting on the side of his bed. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. ‘Are you sure that’s edible?’

She frowned. ‘I’m pretty sure it’s not going to kill you.’ She said, still gripping on a cupcake in her hands. ‘C’mon, just take a bite and tell me what you think.’

He blinked and sighed. He opened his mouth, ‘Aaaaah.’

Avery giggled and raised the cupcake to Zayn’s mouth where he took a bite to the side. He munched on it and swallowed.

‘So? How was it?’ Avery asked, curiously, her eyes glinting with anticipation.

Zayn smiled, ‘Are you sure you baked this?’ he said, unconvinced.

Avery nodded vigorously. ‘Yeaaah! But Harry helped me with some things, like mixing, measuring, squishing---‘

‘So, practically everything?’ Zayn laughed.

The redhead frowned, ‘You’re such a meanie. I did things too! Like put the icing on top of the cupcake!’ she half-yelled, wanting to prove Zayn she did.

He smiled, reaching in to kiss her cheek. ‘And babe, that was the most delicious icing I have ever tasted.’ He teased, making the redhead beside her blush. He grabbed the remaining cupcake in her hand and munched on it. ‘It tastes good,’ he said, as he swallowed.

‘Great! We have more outside!’ she said, jumping. She grabbed Zayn’s hand and pulled him to the dining table. ‘Look, tons huh?’ she said, pointing to the table that were filled with delights.

Zayn’s eyes widened while he stared at 2 plates of cupcakes on the table. They were not practically designed very well. He reckoned it was Avery’s doing. Icing was smudged in every side of the cupcake. He laughed.

‘So, what are you waiting for Zayn? Take a bite!’ she uttered, while she grabbed herself a cupcake and took a bite. ‘I suggest the ones that have strawberry icing on top, not on the side.’ She grinned.

Zayn nodded. He scanned the cupcakes, hoping that he’d see a decent one. And in one corner of the plate, he saw a cupcake that had ‘A’ written on top, and another one that had an ‘H’ written on top side by side. ‘Can I eat this one?’ he said, pointing to the one with the ‘H.’

Avery peeked over to the one he pointed. ‘Uhh, that’s for Harry. But you could eat mine if you want. It’s the one with the ‘A.’

He shrugged in reply. ‘Harry gets his personalized cupcake, and I don’t?’ Zayn said, matter-of-factly, the green monster, somehow taking over his gut.

‘I could make you one if you want, but I have to make another batch of icing and it might take a long----‘

‘Nah, it’s ok. I’m not hungry anymore.’ He said, cutting her off with what she said. ‘I think I’ll just hang in my room. It’s going to be dinner anytime soon anyway.’

Avery looked at hwe boyfriend walk away from the dining room and back to his room. And she thought to herself, did I do something wrong?

--*--


‘Zayn?’ Avery called out, knocking to his room. ‘Can I come in?’

‘Sure,’ she heard from the other side of the door. ‘Come on in.’

She opened the door and went in. She saw Zayn on his bed, with a book on his grip. ‘I just came in to say bye.’ She said, walking closer to him. ‘It’s a bit late and mum’s waiting for me at home, soo..’

‘Sorry for today A.’ Zayn said, closing his ‘Dear John’ book and staring at her. ‘I should’ve just took another cupcake.’

‘What are you talking about?’

He sighed, ‘I flipped. I mean, not literally. But inside I did. I just, I don’t know.’ He paused, looking for the right words. He stared back into her eyes and smirked, ‘To tell you the truth, I was a bit jealous of Harry, you know. He got to bake with you, and he got his own personalized cupcake. I know it sounds silly.’ He laughed, ‘Why am I even telling you this stupidest of things.’

Avery smiled and shook her head. ‘It’s not stupid.’ She replied, raising her hands to Zayn’s flawless face. She cupped his face, ‘Look, I don’t know why you’re thinking these things when you know it’s you that I love. Harry’s my best friend. And that’s it. Okay?’

Zayn nodded, smiling, his feeling of jealousy and envy flickering away like a balloon popping. ‘I love you too. Just next time, when you make cupcakes, just make one with a ‘Z’ on top. ‘Kay?’

Avery laughed, ‘I’ll keep that in mind.’

And they caved in, making their lips seal with a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to:
Dind7in: For the idea that you just gave me. You saved me from being stuck :)
Liam Payne, Comedownwithlove, Redlaura66, and ExterminateTheDalek!: You guys are awesome. Never would've updated if it weren't for you guys. :)
Lots of love. :)