Status: Feedbacks will really help. Thanks! :3

Gotta Be You

Quatorze

Image

‘It’s Avery’s birthday next week.’ Zayn said, interrupting the boys’ breakfast.

Everyone stared at him and stopped eating. The room went silent while all the other boys waited for Zayn to speak. Zayn, himself had no clue what to ask them though. So instead, he just spoke, without thinking.

‘I need to know what I should do.’ He said, finally.

The four boys nodded and shared a look with all of them. Zayn cleared his throat. ‘C’mon guys, I really have no idea what to give her and whatever I have to do.’ He said, but no one in the boys looked up, ‘C’mon Liam, what do you usually give Danielle when it’s an occasion?’
Liam laughed, ‘Uhh, I just sing to her y’know. She’s not really the material type.’ He replied,

‘Or, I take her to dinner or somewhere we could spend time together.’

Zayn shook his head. ‘It’s not enough. I want something she won’t forget. Ever.’

‘Just buy her something that’s edible, she’ll absolutely love that.’ Louis interrupted, while he munched on his Twinkies. ‘Like a whole pizza for her or a bucket of skittles.’

Zayn gave him a pokerface. ‘Seriously Lou.’

All four of them laughed, but Zayn was really serious. He didn’t even move muscle from his poker face. They went silent and stopped their laughing. They weren’t really used to Zayn being such a serious dude. But they reckon this was love taking an effect on him. So they understood.

‘Just give her a necklace with her name on it or something like that Zayn.’ Niall told him, still with his phone in his hands, ‘Should I tweet our fans to suggest some things? Or not?’

‘Definitely not. I want it to be a surprise.’ He said, ‘And I don’t think Avery’s got the attraction to those kinds of things. She’s not the type where she’d so all shimmery for accessories. She barely even wears them!’

Harry breathed, ‘A surprise party perhaps? I don’t know.’

Zayn’s face lit up. ‘Now, that is a great idea!’ he yelped. ‘But I have to figure out how I’ll be able to do it though.’ He added, ‘I know I’ve asked too much from you guys already, but can you do me one more favour? Just this once.’

Louis waved his hands. ‘I already know what you’re going to ask Zayn.’ He said, making Zayn grin like the Cheshire cat. ‘We’re up for it. Leave it to us.’

--*--


‘Tell me again why we’re here?’ Avery impatiently asked, with her arms crossed. ‘You told me we’re going to go to Starbucks. And this is certainly not Starbucks.’

Zayn, on the other hand, who had his beanie and shades on smiled, ‘Calm down, I just want you to buy something, like a dress or something. Something decent, something great.’ He said, pulling Avery softly in one corner where there are dresses everywhere. ‘Just pick one or two, I’ll take care of it.’

‘I don’t even know what the occasion is, could you at least tell me?’

‘I told you, we’re going out to dinner, and it’s going to be on your birthday, so I want it the best night ever. And besides, it’s going to be part of the package of my gift for you.’ Zayn uttered, scanning the brackets of dresses in one place.

Avery sighed, pulling one dress and not even giving out genuine interest. She looked for the price tag and gripped in between her fingers. ‘Zayn! This is too expensive, I can’t----‘

‘Look, I told you. I’ll take care of it.’ He said sweetly, laying his arms on Avery’s shoulders, leading her to another place in the store. ‘Pick something, and try it on.’

Avery never liked dresses. They were too girly, and to revealing. And somehow, she’s always so insecure about herself. No one knows why she is though. She’s thin, she’s got curves, a natural redhead and is the girlfriend of the oh-so famous Zayn Malik. So, why is she insecure?

‘I sort of like this one.’ She said, raising one cocktail dress that’s royal blue. It had a beautiful ribbon laced on the side, and it’s a tube. ‘I’ll just wear a blazer on and it’ll be good to go.’ She said as she checked the price and nodded her head. It wasn’t that expensive compared to the others.

Zayn smirked and kissed Avery on the cheek. ‘It looks gorgeous. And it’ll be more gorgeous when you’re in it. I’m sure.’

Avery playfully pinched Zayn’s cheeks, giggling. ‘You’re teasing me. Stop it.’

‘No I’m not.’

‘Yes you are.’

‘I’m not.’

Avery sighed. ‘You know what, I’m changing.’ She said, strolling away to the dressing room. She locked the door and stared back at the girl in the mirror. She sighed, shaking her head. She pinned her red hair into a messy bun and slipped into the blue cocktail.

She stared at the girl who stared back at her. She felt pretty. It was the very first time she actually found herself pretty. Her red hair, adverse to her dress is complimenting the whole outfit perfectly. She smiled, genuinely smiled.

‘Hey Avery. Are you sure you’re still alive in there?’ Zayn knocked at her dressing room door. ‘Could I at least see what you look like in that dress?’ he pleaded, making his awkward baby voice.

Avery laughed, ‘No thank you, it’s going to be a surprise.’