Status: Feedbacks will really help. Thanks! :3

Gotta Be You

Dix-sept

Image

‘And this was her during her 6th birthday.’ Harry said, while he stared directly at the screen.

‘As you can see, I was there in the corner, eating ice cream, minding my own business. And then look! Look! She comes around in her fluffy pink dress and steals my ice cream away.’

The crowd laughed while Avery buried her face behind her hands. She was laughing. ‘Is this your idea of making me enjoy my birthday?’ she asked.

Harry looked at her. ‘Well, I’m not actually failing aren’t I?’ he said, blissfully.

Avery shook her head, ‘Whatever Ed.’

The CD kept on going and going until to the part where they were only showing pictures. It was all about Avery. It showed her growing up through the years. How she changed from wearing pink, ruffly dresses, to skinny jeans and jackets. How she became a lady, how she became who she is now.

‘These are pictures of a girl who you would find beautiful and witty with one look. These are the pictures of a girl who you would find nice and friendly when you get to know her. And these are pictures of a girl that turned to be my best friend, a loving, perfect best friend.’ Harry said, as a picture flickered on the screen.

It showed baby Avery and baby Harry on the swings. They looked at each other, like they didn’t need anything else to be happy. It was as if, they only needed each other. They were both smiling. And then another picture flickered again, it showed the Avery now and the Harry now, on the same swing, and smiling at each other once again.

‘And ever since, she’s been my best friend. She never left, and I hope she won’t ever will.’

Everyone in the room applauded, some even awes in the pure sweetness of Harry. Avery stood up and hugged Harry. ‘Thank you.’ She whispered.

‘You’re welcome.’ He smiled, the moment the hug broke off.

She smiled and turned to the crowd. ‘So let’s start eating, shall we?’

‘Pig!’ Harry teased, before the crowd could even reply. They all laughed and then started to get their own plate from the kitchen.

--*--


‘Hey. Do you know where Zayn is?’ Avery asked the crowd one by one, as she passed through the noisy crowd.

‘No.’ Another one said, for the third time.

She sighed. She can’t find where Zayn is and she was starting to worry. Of course it was her birthday and she has to enjoy it, but somehow she can’t without Zayn around. Since, he planned it, she couldn’t but help but celebrate it with him.

She made her way to Zayn’s room and started to knock. ‘Zayn?’ she called out, hoping for a reply. After waiting, she decided to open the door, since no one . When she got in, no one was there. And so she looked for him outside.

When she walked out, she immediately saw him sitting on the doorsteps, his gaze so far away. She smiled, happy she found him. ‘There you are, I’ve been looking everywhere for you. Literally everywhere.’ She said, as she approached him.

He didn’t reply. He didn’t even move.

‘Zayn?’ she said silently, as she sat down beside him. He still didn’t answer. She leaned in closer. ‘Zaaaayn.’

‘What?’ Zayn snapped out of nowhere. He stared at her, his eyes cold and his voice pissed. He sighed, ‘What A?’ he said, more silently.

Avery paused. It was like she was staring at a complete stranger, but she shrugged it away. And then her eyes met a bottle of beer in Zayn’s hands. ‘Hey, have you been drinking?’

Zayn stared at the bottle. ‘No.’

‘You’re drunk Zayn!’ she retorted, as she breathed in the beer smell off from Zayn’s breath. ‘Don’t lie to me. You know I hate it when you drink.’ She said, a bit forcibly.

‘I’m not drunk!’ he now assured her, staring at her eye to eye. And then he stared away all of a sudden and shook his head. ‘Look, just leave me alone for now please. I’m not in the mood.’

Avery rolled her eyes. She wasn’t in the mood for arguing either and she wasn’t in the mood to ruin her night. ‘Let’s go in Zayn. It’s not much of a party without you around.’ She said, setting down her pride, tapping his shoulder.

Zayn laughed awkwardly. ‘Oh if you only knew.’

Avery raised her eyebrow. ‘Knew what?’

Zayn frowned. ‘Nevermind. You’ll get mad at me anyway. Heh.’

‘Whatever. Let’s just go in please.’ She said, now getting up, waiting for Zayn to get up as well too. She was about to open the door when Zayn spoke loudly, enough for her to hear him clearly, very very clearly.

‘You know what; I can’t keep this dirty secret any longer. I’ll have to tell you sooner or later.’ He said, as he fiddled with the bottle. ‘You we’re just a game Avery. A plan. A second choice. Nothing more.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I'm back. Sorry for making you wait.
I tried my best to make this chapter with writer's block.
Tell me what you think! :D