Status: Feedbacks will really help. Thanks! :3

Gotta Be You

I'un

Image


‘Avery.’ Zayn called out, tugging her elbow. ‘Wanna grab lunch at Nandos?’ he said, his eyes sparkling with bliss, like it was going to be their first date.

Avery flashed a grin, her red hair shining brilliantly under the sun. ‘As long as you pay.’ She said, teasingly, making her giggle under her words. ‘But I thought you had a pictorial with the boys?’

‘We finished early. I think Niall’s the only one who needs to go back for his solo shots this afternoon.’ He said, taking Avery’s books off her arms so that he could lessen the weight she’s carrying. ‘Why do you have so many books doll?’

Avery flipped her hair back, as she tugged her school bag by her side. ‘Oh, thank you.’ She said as Zayn helped her again. ‘Uhh, we have our periodical Exam next week and I need to get high grades.’

Zayn laughed at this, his head tilting backwards. ‘You’re smart. You’re by far the most intelligent person I have ever met. Why do you have to study? I’m amazed you’re even doubting your abilities.’ He complimented. But it was true. She was intelligent, and she need not to study. But she’s always a workaholic. She always wanted to do her best.

‘Ha, I’m quite flattered Zayn.’ She grinned. ‘You’re always so sweet.’

They walked in Nandos and scanned the room for two vacant seats. Zayn tilted his head to the side and found three familiar faces; Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, and Harry Styles, his brothers from different mothers as they would say to each other. He tried to pretend he didn’t see them but Avery, started nudging his side and pointed to the boys.

‘Want to sit with them?’ Avery asked, waving when Louis saw them by the entrance door. Harry and Liam started to tilt their heads to their direction to see who Lou started to wave to. Liam smiled a grin and waved. Harry just politely looked away.

Zayn, however, did not want to sit with them. But he faked a smile and nodded, ‘Why not.’

‘Hey guys.’ Avery greeted as they approached their table. ‘Mind if we sit here?’ she politely asked as she stared at the threesome.

Louis smiled. ‘I’m sorry, but Mr. Richardson and Ms. Pickles are joining us for lunch.’ He stated frowning, genuinely sorry.

Zayn raised an eyebrow. ‘Who?’

Liam laughed, ‘He’s just kidding guys. Go on, sit with us. The more, the merrier. I can’t believe you fell for his joke though.’ He chuckled staring at Louis who did this I’m-A-Boss expression. ‘Yes, the almighty Lou has done it again.’ He praised.

‘Goodness Lou, you can be in a movie one day,’ Avery uttered as she took a seat beside Louis and faced Harry. She smiled at Harry who smiled weakly back at her and then looked down. Zayn sat beside her as he laid the books on the side of the table. ‘Have you guys ordered already?’

‘Yeah.’ Liam replied who was busy texting, or tweeting for that matter. He always was online, but then Niall was worse. It seems like he’s 24/7 on twitter. Oh that Nialler. ‘You could just order with Harry. He hasn’t picked anything yet.’

Harry nodded silently and slid the menu over to Avery. Louis noticed the silent Harry and tapped him on the hand. He gave him an Are-You-Alright Look where Harry immediately grinned. Louis still wasn’t convinced though and he knew after this incident. He and Harry’s going to have a long talk.

Avery scanned the menu and stared at Zayn. ‘What are you getting?’ she asked. Where Louis immediately interrupted and squeezed himself so that he could get a glimpse of the menu.

‘For you my dear, I would suggest the ‘Mushroom & Halloumi Burger’, but if you’re not interested in burgers and you want a salad, then the ‘Mediterranean Salad’ is pretty good. He uttered, like he was the waiter suggesting the dishes to a newcomer. ‘And you can also add chicken with the salad.’

‘Yum.’ Avery expressed. ‘Erm... I’ll have both then. No chicken with the salad.’

Zayn nodded. ‘I knew that was coming.’ He laughed. ‘You always have a big appetite huh? That’s attractive.’ He said, smiling at her.

‘Are you being sarcastic?’ Avery said narrowing her eyes.

‘Of course not.’ Zayn said, giving her a soft kiss on the forehead. ‘Now what shall I get? Do you have any suggestions for me Lou?’ he said, his words not that apprehensible since he has this obvious accent that makes his words so blurred.

‘Uhh, sorry Zayn. My suggestions are only for young beautiful girls. Which clearly states that I do not have any suggestions for young hot boys. I am very sorry.’ Louis stated, while Avery and Liam had a good laugh.

‘Right.’ He played along, scanning the menu, by himself. ‘I’ll just have the Nandino’s Chicken Breast Fillet Burger then.’ Zayn said, now giving back the Menu to Harry. ‘Have you picked out what like Harry?’

Harry shook his head. ‘Not yet.’

Liam looked at Louis questionably then shifted back to Harry, ‘You’re awfully quiet today Styles, any problems you have in your gut?’ he asked.

Harry shook his head, ‘Not at all.’ His eyes still glued to the menu, not bothering to look up to the other boys. ‘I’ll have Mixed Leaf Salad.’

Louis and Liam shared looks again. Zayn knew what this was all about, and it made him feel uncomfortable. Avery, on the other hand, just stared at the three boys, dumbfounded on why they were all so quiet. But then she thought that maybe they were just worried about Harry, being so quiet. What a great family the boys are. She thought to herself. But she was wrong.

Louis shook his head, ‘We’re having a talk later Hazza, and you’re not running away from it.’
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is for Lovely-Lola :3