Status: Feedbacks will really help. Thanks! :3

Gotta Be You

Dix-neuf

Image


‘Here.’ Harry said, with a cup of water within his grip. He gave it to Avery, who sat down weakly on his bed. She just stopped crying a minute ago, making Harry’s worries fleet away. A bit, that is.

‘Thanks.’ Avery squeaked, taking the cup and sipping from it. ‘Is everyone gone?’ she asked, obviously talking about the surprise birthday party Zayn had planned for her. The thought itself made her stomach tie in knots. She’s still not okay.

‘Yeah.’ Said Harry, sitting beside her, looking at her with such curiosity and compassion. He looked baffled. ‘I told them you were tired and needed to rest. They understood and went home, practically after minutes when I told them.’ He paused, but then remembered something. ‘Oh and your mom told me that you should call her tomorrow morning when you wake up.’

Avery nodded. Then there was silence. It wasn’t the good kind. It was the painful, scary kind.

‘Hey, are you okay? What happened?’ He thought about touching her hand. But he couldn’t do it. So he just stared at her.

Avery breathed heavily, trying to stop her tears. ‘I don’t know if I should...’ she paused. Then she stared into Harry’s eyes and noticed how much he did feel so scared for her. It was like, she was so fragile. ‘Tell you.’ She finished.

Harry fixed his curls. ‘I understand. You better get to bed. I bet you’re dead tired.’ He said, lovingly, tucking her in under the sheets. He rubbed her temples. ‘Tomorrow’s going to be a new day Avery. And you’re going to be perfectly fine.’

She just shook her head. ‘I don’t think this is fixable Harry.’ She whispered, in the most quiet she can whisper. ‘Goodnight. Thank you again.’

-*-


Harry just got out of his room when he started looking for Zayn. Avery just fell asleep, since she couldn’t stop crying, still. He had to stay with her for quite a while and tried to calm her down. And after moments, she finally did doze off.

‘Has anyone seen Zayn?’ he asked Niall who was clicking on his cellphone on the couch. The whole place was a mess. Cups were everywhere, confetti were scattered all around the floor and it smelled like alcohol. It made Harry feel more miserable.

Niall shook his head. ‘Is Avery okay?’ he asked, before Harry could go searching for Zayn in other places.

Harry nodded. ‘I guess, she’s better.’

‘What happened? Everything ended so early.’ He said. ‘I wasn’t even able to say goodbye to the others.’ He added, making a clicking sound with his tongue.

‘Avery just wasn’t feeling well mate.’ Harry replied, a bit too fast. But Niall was still too hangover with the party to even notice. Harry went out the room, right before Niall could even speak. He looked for Zayn in Liam’s room but no one was there. Liam must’ve brought Danielle home with his new car. Louis also drove Eleanor home. So he doubted that Zayn would be in his room.

He sat down still processing everything that had happened. He could still vaguely remember the events. One moment he was surprising Avery with that video of his and one second later, he finds her crying heavily. It was just all too fast. But he tried to remember what happened right before the crying started. Then instantly he realized how Avery was looking for Zayn and no one answered her and that was when she disappeared for quite a while.

He started to have a hunch that the two had a fight. A big fight. And a serious one for that matter. He wanted to believe that he was wrong, and he tried his best to hope that. But there was just something inside him that didn’t want to protest. It was like, half of him, wanted them to separate.

He didn’t want to.

But he knew deep down inside him, he wanted Avery all for himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am very sorry for a very short chapter.
And I'm so sorry that Mibba didn't do anything about the update thing. :)